What's new

Question about AX88U for you PRO's

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pinkfloyd1173

So I just got this router again and in the GUI they have added some gaming features that were not there before, when I first bought the router.

So I see this OPEN NAT tap. Now how would I be able to add a game that is not listed on the game profiles?

Lets say BF4, I see "External Port" "Internal Port"

Do I add all the ports for Bf4 in the "External Port" tap or do I have make a new game profile for each port???

Also so what do I put in the "Internal Ports" tab, says optional?

Also "Sourse IP"??

I can not find any documentation on this??

I would be inclined to ignore all this 'gaming', uh, stuff. If the router is set up properly, then the game will work, period.

I also noticed something. If I enable Game Device Prioritizing, it auto turns on QOS?

But if you go into the Tools tab, and look under HW acceleration: Runner Disabled QOS-Flow Cache: Disabled QOS???

Is this normal???

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    200.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    172.8 KB · Views: 117
Also thanks for the advice.

Normal? Nothing is 'normal' when a black box 'setting' is used like Game Device Prioritizing. This could easily change behavior in the next version. :)

Set up your router normally (after a full reset to ensure it is using the expected defaults of the firmware it is currently running). Test your network in your normal use for a good 24 hours or more.

Turn on 'game mode', reboot, wait at least 10 minutes and then test again as above. Compare your notes. I think 'game mode' will be turned off rather quickly if the router/network was properly set up in the first place.

Ok L&LD,

I did do a nuke reset on the router last when I got it home, followed all the steps.

Will try what you are telling me to do, will most likely stay away from the gaming stuff.

Thanks