[Question] Dual WAN, use specific provider for specific lan client

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

tommy76

New Around Here
Hi,
I want to use second provider and enable dual WAN. Is there any option to e.g. split providers? So Provider1 on WAN 1 will be used by LAN1, LAN2, and Provider2 on WAN 2 will be used by LAN3 and LAN4 users.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
I don't think that would be possible even with superior scripting skills.

StephaneM

Occasional Visitor
You can use load balance mode, then write rules to force subnets to use Wan 1 or Wan 2. It's a pain to write the rules, but as you want to force subnets it will be easier to write (of course if one Wan is down, all clients will use the remaining one)

StephaneM

Occasional Visitor
For me it was working very bad with a RT-AC68U, it was not working so badly with the GT-AX11000. It does work best in load balance mode, in fail over mode it does things that is dumb (when the router has fail over the WAN 2, every X minutes it check if main WAN is restored, but for doing this check it has to disconnect WAN 2 and reconnect WAN 1... so your Internet is up, then down, then up, then down, until the main WAN finally is restored)