What's new

[Question] Which adaptive QoS script is compatible 374 LTS version of Merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lajcik

New Around Here
Hello,

I'm running the old RT-N16 router and successfully installed the 374 LTS version of Merlin - very happy with it. I've browsed a bunch of threads praising the custom adaptive QoS scripts floating around and wanted in on the party. However, it seems the recent CakeQoS and FlexQoS only support the newer firmware version so I can't use those.

FreshJR QoS does not state any version requirements so I went ahead and installed the latest version from here https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...ements-custom-rules-and-inner-workings.36836/ but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't get the new tab in the webui, running FreshJR_QOS -debug shows a bunch of errors.
cat: can't open '/tmp/bwdpi/qosd.conf': No such file or directory
expr: non-numeric argument
The installation instructions were simple so I'm pretty sure I didn't screw up anywhere, but who knows...

Can anyone kindly point me to a version of one of the scripts that will work with the 374 LTS version of the firmware? Or am I out of luck and have to wrestle with the stock QoS?

Last edited:
The LTS fork is traditional QoS only.....no adaptive. And the MIPS based routers never had adaptive on any asuswrt firmware.

Thanks, that explains why my searching wasn't turning up anything.

I'm still not sure if FreshJR QoS does something or not tho - it makes a bunch of iptables entries but I can't tell if it actually does anything or not...

I guess I'll just experiment a bunch :)

Thanks, that explains why my searching wasn't turning up anything.

I'm still not sure if FreshJR QoS does something or not tho - it makes a bunch of iptables entries but I can't tell if it actually does anything or not...

I guess I'll just experiment a bunch :)
It’s creating rules to mark packets in a way that are of no use to Traditional QoS. So it’s better to uninstall it. John’s Traditional QoS implementation is very good if your download speeds don’t require HW acceleration.