What's new

R7800 : NAT Masquerading?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SomeoneOnLine

New Around Here
So when my router was running OpenWRT I had an option to allow my LAN servers to capture log activity of remote internet servers (bots) from spamming my open ports etc.. I believe the option was "Masquerading" or "MSS clamping" under Firewall/LAN or WAN. When set my applications would log the IP address of the attacker. Now it shows me the IP address of my other Router that faces my ISP which is feeding my R7800 internet connection. Basically I have to setup Double NATing which is kinda besides the point. Since I am no longer running OpenWRT I dont see such an option.

How can I achieve the same objective (which is to have my server applications see the attackers IP?) without going back to OpenWRT or having my R7800 infront of my ISP router rather than behind it like it is currently? Its making Banning BOTS a real PITA.

Hope that make sense!

Thanks,

~SOL

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!