What's new

R8500

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ulaganath

Very Senior Member
Is it any worth getting this router now . Seems 5 years old not much of update and support available nor discontinued . Only features I am looking for is lag and.active antenna

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Thanks . Wifi 6 is too costly and wifi 7 on the way . May be needs to hold upgrade for a while till things are settled

Yes it's rock solid only led are wavering as I never switch on at times when reconfigure isp I need to see internet stat yesterday it's wavering a lot than normal maybe nothing or I see it differently .

Only need lag features router with more lan port as I am running out of lan ports lately

I see ER-X and EAP225 also, why don't you move to business gear now instead of waiting for consumer AIO routers? You can get even better security, reliability and performance. Then you can upgrade the APs only, if and when needed.

BTW, in your signature... the manufacturer of ER-X is called Ubiquiti Networks, not Ubiquity.

Last edited:
I see ER-X and EAP225 also, why don't you move to business gear now instead of waiting for consumer AIO routers? You can get even better security, reliability and performance. Then you can upgrade the APs only, if and when needed.

BTW, in your signature... the manufacturer of ER-X is called Ubiquiti Networks, not Ubiquity.
Yeah but I hardly have any clients running 24x7 also both router and ap are stable even with 18+ clients 14 avg connected .

Only Missing lag features and little more lan ports

Even with X4s I can't use the wave 2 features 160mhz 1733Mbps how it hits hard and reliable bandwidth

Hope next release of wifi 6 comes with 8 lan ports and more than 4 ports lag

I wanted ubiquiti try nano HD .

Hope next release of wifi 6 comes with 8 lan ports and more than 4 ports lag

More LAN ports and LAG are unrelated to WiFi standards. Newer routers is more likely to come with 2.5Gb ports, not LAG. You are looking for something in consumer products that is not really needed now and has a better solution in the future.

Not sure why lag is not important.

Say wifi 6 can do in multi gig

Internet is hardly a gig or two max

Only local nas can hit multi gig .

No single client can pull so much bandwidth

I know wifi router are meant for internet facing only if so Netgear won't be releasing X10 with 10gig port at all. With 6.2 Ad one need a high bandwidth locally as well so all wired and wireless can do effective data transfer though not simultaneously but capable to handle those requirements.

Hope x11 something with wifi 6 and 6 lan ports lag capable and 10gig lan port instead sfp+

It would be great featured router.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. If the only features you are looking for in a consumer router are LAG and amplified antennas, I believe this highly unpopular and not very well supported monster size Netgear R8500 fits your requirements. You'll get glowing antenna tips as a bonus. :)

I am saying ad is missing in new routers. AX is more like draft and WIFI 7 on the way say Wave 2 Ax with more bandwidth or so

None of consumer routers coming with more lan ports and so lag possible and muti gig just started but 1x 10 gig lan port will do the work.

A router with 8 Lan port and 1 mutigig wan port and 1x 10gig lan port with be best.

What in a world one would pull in with 4gig lan port which cant be lag to get max bandwidth even if 4 client simultaneously pulling data the router is pulling from 1 gig instead of 10 gig . A catch is 10gig is costly setup for one need a client and 10gig capable nas or switch to make use of 10 gig. But the 10gig in router can be extended to 10gig switch for 4+8 total of 12 client each can leverage max throughput wired or wireless.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!