What's new

RBK50 voxel and stubby.yml

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

viperbe

New Around Here
Hello,
I am new to this forum so please forgive me if i seem very new.
Maybe i missed it but can someone tell me why the /etc/stubby/stubby.yml resets when i restart the router.

Is this where i have to plugin a usb and put it in a folder because /etc/ is read-only? Can someone please give me step by step to keep it with reboots.
I know this is a newb question but i couldnt find the answer clearly spelled out.

So i was setting up the stubby.yml for NextDNS and if i reboot it, it changes back to cloudflare but if i edit the config and restart stubby it loads fine.

Can someone please let me know what im doing wrong for the reboot part?

Is this where i have to plugin a usb
Please check the QuickStart.txt. There is a way to have your own version of /etc/stubby/stubby.yml (USB, overlay).

. . .
2. Overlay partition on USB.
. . .

Voxel.

Do you have a link to that? i found the readme.doc but dont see a quickstart.txt on your hosting site

Do you have a link to that? i found the readme.doc but dont see a quickstart.txt on your hosting site

Just see the contents of e.g. RBK50-V9.2.5.2.8SF-HW.zip containing ORBI RBK/RBS 50 firmware:

README.1st
RBR50-V9.2.5.2.8SF-HW.img
RBS50-V9.2.5.2.8SF-HW.img

QuickStart.txt

and QuickStart.txt is inside....

Good luck,
Voxel.

So i went through it but nothing i do gets the /overlay/etc/stubby/stubby.yml

I have orbi v2 so no usb. When i reboot it still replaces the stubby.yml with default.

I have replaced it in /etc/stubby
i have replaced it in /tmp/overlay/etc/stubby/stubby.yml
I even tried /tmp/stubby

am i missing something?

I have orbi v2 so no usb.
ORBI v2 with no USB... There should be different solution. Check this part of QuickStart.txt

. . .
11. Custom script to run (for Orbi v2 owners, units w/o USB port).

You can create you own script to execute it after every reboot. Script should be placed
to /mnt/ntgr directory (internal nand) with name: rc.user. I.e.

/mnt/ntgr/rc.user
. . .

I.e. if you place your custom stubby.yml to /mnt/ntgr directory and your create your own custom /mnt/ntgr/rc.user, something like:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

cp -f /mnt/ntgr/stubby.yml /etc/stubby/
/etc/init.d/stubby stop
/etc/init.d/stubby start

this scheme should work...

Voxel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!