What's new

Recommendations for Dual Stack Lite compatible router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Muffinburger

New Around Here
I recently purchased an ASUS RT-AX82U which I quite liked until changing ISP and now realize the router needs to support DS-lite.
It seems this is not possible so I going to have to ditch this and go with a different brand.

I like the GUI and custom features of the ASUS. I had it automatically switch off during night time and had a ddns for automatically backing up phone photos over wireless with the help of the FolderSync app.
Ideally I would like something that can easily be customized to do similar. Custom firmware and scripting would be great as well.

I live in Japan so the recommendations from my ISP (Rakuten), are NEC, Buffalo, IO Data, TP-Link, and Elecom.
But I imagine anything with DS-lite support will do.

Any ideas or suggestions on routers that are customizable and support DS-lite?
Thanks!!

From the Rakuten's recommendations, the Archer A2600 TP-Link router looks like the best option they have supplied:

So I am not sure why, but it seems I have IPv6 connection even without DS-Lite support on my AX82U.

Calling ASUS customer support gave a quick "no" to my question on whether DS-Lite is actually or could be supported.

Rakuten states that the router must be with their DS-Lite implementation of IPv6 (IPoE/IPv4 over IPv6).

Could it be possible this is false?

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 8.54.13.png

Speeds are varied, and are slower during peak hours as consistent with IPv4 but do not know if this indicates anything out of the ordinary.

I am able to return the RT-AX82U to Amazon no questions asked until feb 25, but I really I do not know if there will be any real advantages of downgrading to the Archer A2600 or similar.

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 9.01.40.png

Unless there is anything anyone could point out, I am pretty happy with current situation and looking forward to setting up simple HDD to the router to backup phone photos and whatnot which I would not be able to with the Archer.

Thanks for reading!