YazFi Redirecting guest network NTP traffic to ntpMerlin

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Serkan K.

New Around Here
Hello,
I have gadgets like chromecast, appletv, some tablets on a dedicated guest network. Is it possible to redirect ntp traffic from the guest network to ntpMerlin?

I configured chronyd to serve the guest network ip range with:
Code:
allow 192.168.4.0/16
and selected "Toggle redirect of all NTP traffic to ntpMerlin"

in YazFi following set to true
FORCEDNS
ONEWAYTOGUEST
CLIENTISOLATION

I check if guest clients get their time from ntpMerlin with
Code:
chronyc clients
but, I've never seen a guest ip.
Thanks.

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
Hello,
I have gadgets like chromecast, appletv, some tablets on a dedicated guest network. Is it possible to redirect ntp traffic from the guest network to ntpMerlin?

I configured chronyd to serve the guest network ip range with:
Code:
allow 192.168.4.0/16
and selected "Toggle redirect of all NTP traffic to ntpMerlin"
This currently only applies to br0, primary LAN, traffic. YazFi sets the DHCP option for the NTP server to be used but it probably isn't being respected by the clients. I'll add this as a feature request, if redirect is enabled (either ntpmerlin or firmware), YazFi should follow suit.

Serkan K.

New Around Here
Thank you very much. I appreciate all of the great and useful work you've put into all of your addons.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!