What's new

Reduced range with 43.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whitey019

Regular Contributor
I recently tried FW ver 376.1665 and encountered several bugs, but most importantly I suffered reduced range to my foremost points in my house (probably 50-55ft away). After reverting back to 374.5656 to confirm things still worked better with the older firmware I decided after 8 mos of ownership it was time to try Merlin's code. After installing 43.2 I encountered the same reduced range issue I had with Asus' latest. I tried a few different channels and modest Tx Power increases to no avail. Again, reverting back to 5656 restored range. A lot of people swear by Merlin's firmware. What could I be doing wrong?

I recently tried FW ver 376.1665 and encountered several bugs, but most importantly I suffered reduced range to my foremost points in my house (probably 50-55ft away). After reverting back to 374.5656 to confirm things still worked better with the older firmware I decided after 8 mos of ownership it was time to try Merlin's code. After installing 43.2 I encountered the same reduced range issue I had with Asus' latest. I tried a few different channels and modest Tx Power increases to no avail. Again, reverting back to 5656 restored range. A lot of people swear by Merlin's firmware. What could I be doing wrong?

I did not notice any decrease in range from 5656 to 43_2 however noticed a big decrease in 5 ghz range with the new Asus release 1663 and various other bugs. I did have issues with IPv6 and 'Merlin 43_2 but that seems to have corrected itself for some reason it may even be ISP related. For me 43_2 has been rock solid on my 68U.

Even though it has been only a few days, I'm getting concerned I maybe stuck firmware wise with 5656 as everyone is focused on the AC87U and AC3200. Sort of surprised at the lack of replies/interest in this thread.

I also have an ac68u and had to lower tx power to not stress my neighbours, at 50mw. No problem with merlin 43.2

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

if you experience a significant wireless performance loss when switching between firmwares, you need to ensure that you have used the RESTORE button under 'Administration' > 'Restore/Save/Upload Setting' to finish installing the new firmware. This will install the NEW factory default settings to the router. This is particularly important for wireless.