What's new

Reinstalling DNSCrypt2 (Solved)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TsukiKanade

New Around Here
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask this, and if it isn't, I apologize.

I've seem to run into an issue where, using Kamoj's excellent addon, I get the error message "DNSCrypt v2 is not running, but is enabled" under DNSCrypt v2 Servers on my R7800. No problem. Searching through the boards, I tried doing the following to reset dnscrypt through telnet

Code:
nvram set dnscrypt2=0
nvram commit
reboot

#Then after reboot
nvram set dnscrypt2=1
nvram commit
reboot

After doing this, I then am no longer able to browse on the internet despite seeing all the LEDs properly lit up; I'd get the "Server not found" error message. The only way I'd be able to access the internet again is by disabling dnscrypt once more. Oddly enough, running the command /etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy-2 restart gives me the error that it does not exist when dnscrypt2 is enabled in nvram.

With this said, I imagine I messed up somewhere and would like to try and reinstall a fresh build or so of dnscrypt into my router. Reinstalling the latest firmware from Voxel didn't seem to help, nor did performing a factory reset.

If you made it this far, thank you for reading through this and for any help you can offer.

Reactions: KW.
After doing this, I then am no longer able to browse on the internet despite seeing all the LEDs properly lit up; I'd get the "Server not found" error message. The only way I'd be able to access the internet again is by disabling dnscrypt once more.

Try to check why it fails (from telnet/ssh):
Code:
cat /var/log/dnscrypt-proxy-2.log | more

Maybe wrong your own custom DNSCrypt server?

幸運を

Voxel.

Last edited:
Try to check why it fails (from telnet/ssh):
Code:
cat /var/log/dnscrypt-proxy-2.log | more

I did try that command and got... a nearly blank file. I attached a screenshot of it.

Maybe wrong your own custom DNSCrypt server?

I do have the stock servers. Attached a screenshot of it as well! Thank you so much for the help thus far.

Attachments

• cat -var-log-dnscrypt-proxy-2.log - more.PNG
    cat -var-log-dnscrypt-proxy-2.log - more.PNG
    8.2 KB · Views: 181
  • vi etc-dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml.PNG
    vi etc-dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml.PNG
    23.1 KB · Views: 172

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!