What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

After 384.3 on my AC3200 i can no longer access my clients directly from my network map.

Some of the devices like my Printer, Yamaha Receiver and Asus Repeater i could access directly from this list, but not anymore.

The clients who where accessable before had an underline on their IP address. 192.168.x.xxx

RT-AC68U fw 384.3
Internet status, System Status and Client status do not show anything.

That would be great John! Sure, I am game to test :)

It's the AC3200, hence I can't go back to 380.
Well, I guessed wrong :).....the AC68 test build is up.
RT-AC68U_384.3_ssid-ge5982ffb7.zip
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ainhp1nBLzMJkEFTnFp4Sh2wvQva

EDIT: You'll need to reset the guest nvram settings
Code:
nvram set wl0.1_closed=0
nvram set wl1.1_closed=0
nvram commit
then reboot

EDIT2: I added the AC3200 build for download as well
RT-AC3200_384.3_ssid-ge5982ffb7.zip

Last edited:
Upgraded my AC68U from 380.69_2 to 384.3 with factory reset .

All seems ok, except my flash drive usb3.0 (ext2 with entware).... it has not been detected in usb3 port, I had to plug it into port 2.0.
The usb3.0 port also detects usb 2.0 drives, but does not mount usb3 drives.

Anyone?

Upgraded my 68U to this version. Did a factory initiate and manually change the configuration.
Just notice some issue with dualwan.
Syslog prompts trendmicro not works in dualwan load balance mode.
For the Internet access, seems some issue to access google.com. Timeout at tls handshaking. But some other websites works fine. I am not sure if it is MTU related. Just default setting at 1492.
Not have much time to play with the router. Changed the dualwan to failover then everything works smoothly.

I know dualwan code is closed. But this version dualwan seems not quite function.
Disabled aiprotection dns filter which conflicts with dualwan lb mode not solved everything.
LB mode has some kind of slowness and timeout issue that hard to troubleshoot.
I have to put dualwan into failover cold standby mode as for now.

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 is now available. While this release isn't perfect, it reached a stability point where the remaining issues have been consuming too many hours of my time and I'm still unable to reproduce them. Since it's working fine for the vast majority, I decided it was high time to have this wrapped up, so I could move on to working with newer code base, with hopefully the remaining fixes in there.

The highlights:
  • Merged with GPL 384_10007. Note that AiMesh is NOT supported. Due to its complexity, a lot of work will be required to determine whether or not supporting it is possible. Initial analysis wasn't looking good on that front.
  • Added support for the RT-AC3200 (based on 382_19466 components). Note that once upgraded to 382/384, the RT=AC3200 gets upgraded to 128 KB nvram, which means you can NOT downgrade back to any 380.xx release.
  • RT-AC3200 supports once again up to 5 OpenVPN clients (like other models).
  • Updated nano to 2.9.3. You can also now configure it through /jffs/configs/nanorc (see the nano documentation for syntax).
  • Security fix for CVE-2018-5721.
  • NAT acceleration for PPPoE has been fixed for most models (can't provide a definitive list since I can't test it)
  • Repeater mode fix backported from GPL 384_20287
  • Workaround for broken clients like Samsung TVs that insists on requesting localhost as a hostname
  • Fixed ipset on the RT-AC86U
  • Various other fixes to IPv6, PPTP clients, networkmap - see the changelog for details

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Thank you, amazing work. So in my case that am in AP basic setup, any improvements made over 380 in terms of wireless drivers? Understand on security patches. Also would you know if the guest wifi ssid has been addressed on the new GPL? Using AC68U.

I just add a wi-fi repeater to my network, a TP-LINK TL-WA850RE. In the router main page, it's shown as "Cabled" and the same is for everything connected through it. Someone could tell me why?

I run Merlin 384.3 on RT-AC68U.

PS: Also signal strength looks different: with 380 no one of that device was "full". Maybe some change in Tx power?
@RMerlin

Any idea?

192.168.0.169 is an old WRT54GL which is a client-bridge for TV Boxes (at the moment of screenshot 1 device connected through it), 192.168.0.253 is a repeater for the guest wi-fi only: why it looks as "wired", the same does everything connected through it. Maybe because RT-AC68U couldn't determine correctly signal strength and cabled icon works as an "everything else"?

Attachments

• Senzanome.png
    Senzanome.png
    240.5 KB · Views: 532
Upgraded from 382.2.1 with no apparent issues. I have an 80/10 solid connection and with 382 I had to set Adaptive QoS to 80/9.5 to get rid of bufferbloat. With 384 I set it to 80/10 and ran several tests and no bufferbloat - don't know if anything changed or just coincidence? Now, what am I going to do with all that extra 0.5mbps of upload? :D

29872818.png

Managed to finally upgrade after a few attempts :)

Is there a bug in the firewall?
upload_2018-2-17_16-9-56.png

Yet in log
upload_2018-2-17_16-11-52.png

The port forward is correct and works just doesn't seem to show in inbound firewall rules.

Dunno if this belongs in here but on beta 3 atm...going to upgrade but here goes.
Ive got one of those horrid isp modem / router 2 in 1 tin cans.

Now some have said that you can stick in in bridge mode , not through the GUI of course but via a url , whilst logged into the GUI.
I put port 1 into pptp mode and leave the others as before....atm im via dmz but cant do a static i[ because their firnware is garbage.
Now when i set the vlan on the asus via iptv settings and reboot both units i get an internet light on the asus and the sign on the asus gui saying wan is connected.....but cant reda web pages...comes up with a dns fault.
have the dhcp set up as normal

Tried this a few weeks ago and it worked and was able to read web pages...flashed the latest beta and it didnt work!!!!
Factory reset and re input settings....still didnt work.
Cant for the life of me remember the firmware which it worked on....:(

Does this ring a bell Merlin with any changes you have done or could it once again be asus making changes without realising isps are trying to screw us over?

Probably been asked a billion times, but can we do a direct upgrade from 380.69_2 to 384.3?

Nothing to report so far...

This isn’t a specific issue with the update, but I happened to notice while looking in the settings that by default, the OpenVPN server is set up to prefer 128 bit encryption over 256 when negotiating ciphers. Is there any reason for that? Is there any downside to switching that to prefer 256?
Performance. It's much slower, and generally unnecessary for personal usage.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

RT-AC68U fw 384.3
Internet status, System Status and Client status do not show anything.
Clear your browser cache.

Upgraded my AC68U from 380.69_2 to 384.3 with factory reset .

All seems ok, except my flash drive usb3.0 (ext2 with entware).... it has not been detected in usb3 port, I had to plug it into port 2.0.
The usb3.0 port also detects usb 2.0 drives, but does not mount usb3 drives.

Anyone?
Disable usb3 interference reduction on the Wireless Professional tab.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!