What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Merlin,
Thanks for your fantastic work for a long time. The new firmware runs like a charm. The only issue for me is the checked b/g box (which can't unchecked) in wirless 2,4ghz. My Yamaha Musiccast boxes won't work in combination with 20/40 mhz. Fall back to 20mhz (with checked b/g box) let the boxes work. With 380.69_2 with 20/40ghz and unchecked b/g all works fine for me. Could you fix this?

I updated the firmware from 380.69_2 to 384.3 on Asus AC1900P and I did a factory reset afterwards...

I noticed that the real-time traffic / Traffic statistics on the Asus App is not working anymore...It just shows 0KB/s for both wired and wireless...

I tried that on different phones and it is all the same...I never had this issue with 380.69_2

Hi Merlin,
Thanks for your fantastic work for a long time. The new firmware runs like a charm. The only issue for me is the checked b/g box (which can't unchecked) in wirless 2,4ghz. My Yamaha Musiccast boxes won't work in combination with 20/40 mhz. Fall back to 20mhz (with checked b/g box) let the boxes work. With 380.69_2 with 20/40ghz and unchecked b/g all works fine for me. Could you fix this?

That settting does not do anything when in N-Only mode, which is why it's greyed out.

I updated the firmware from 380.69_2 to 384.3 on Asus AC1900P and I did a factory reset afterwards...

I noticed that the real-time traffic / Traffic statistics on the Asus App is not working anymore...It just shows 0KB/s for both wired and wireless...

I tried that on different phones and it is all the same...I never had this issue with 380.69_2
Did you swipe left on that app home screen? I've noticed it will take a few seconds to load data.

I do notice that the phone app(iPhone6) is only showing about half of my clients, I've never seen this before with any version of Merlin's FW so I doubt that's where the problem lies. I even deleted and re-downloaded the app and still the same, weird.

Try enabling EMF support on the LAN -> IPTV page, it might help.

RMerlin, thank you. Enabling EMF support has indeed fixed my miniDLNA streaming on 384.3_0.

The HDD Hibernation (spin down) broke for me with 384.3. Does anyone have this feature working on 384.3?

That settting does not do anything when in N-Only mode, which is why it's greyed out.

I've left mine on auto even though I use all N devices just for the Turbo QAM. In auto it does not allow you to disable it, only in legacy. So clearly works differently in 384 vs. 380

Firmware is running great, I have only one issue with the open VPN client configuration, if I reset the VPN client configuration with the "default" button it seems to be cleared. Even after browsing away and coming back to the config page. When I then reboot the router then the complete configuration is back and not cleared. I'm using the rt-ac86u router.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T713 met Tapatalk

A little problem during update from Merlin 3.82.1-2 to this one 3.84.3.0.
First a reboot, then update and the browser doesn't show the progres-bar 0-100% so I don't know if it will finish!

After about 10 minutes I try to get the log-in screen of the router base adress, this takes a while longer then normal.
But it came with the old firmware version.
Then the homepage freezes. (I think it was at the end of reboot sequence, but I'm not sure.)

Moments later I could again log-in the home-page and this time with version 3.84.3-0.

Now it works well.
Anyone could explain this behaviour?
Thanks.

After 384.3 on my AC3200 i can no longer access my clients directly from my network map.

Some of the devices like my Printer, Yamaha Receiver and Asus Repeater i could access directly from this list, but not anymore.

The clients who where accessable before had an underline on their IP address. 192.168.x.xxx
Same here , not showing anymore since 382.XXXX,and its ok on 380.69_2
There are 2-3 things that bother me since 382 and with 384 too
-Clients not accessible from the network map anymore.(see the pic )
-and that silly message flooding the log = :unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
-
Broken mediabridge mode since 384. (all 3 version)

This 3 things do not make me want to upgrade.And Asus does not give the impression of wanting to repair this( i send them a lots of report with the GUI), and it's probably still something closed source that merlin can not play with.
I am not so paranoiac for KRACK fix, so i am sticking with 380.69_2 for now. :cool:

Attachments

• Capture7.PNG
    Capture7.PNG
    8.1 KB · Views: 823
Last edited:
Did you swipe left on that app home screen? I've noticed it will take a few seconds to load data.

I do notice that the phone app(iPhone6) is only showing about half of my clients, I've never seen this before with any version of Merlin's FW so I doubt that's where the problem lies. I even deleted and re-downloaded the app and still the same, weird.

I have been using this app since it was released 2 years ago or so....and I never had any issues with it until today....I tried reinstalling it again but the same issue is back...The home page of the app shows no real time traffic activity..It shows 0KB...the same thing happens when I click the traffic statistics menu....but when I click on the devices menu it shows real time activity under each device...so it is working in one place and not working in two places.

I have a RT-AC3100. I upgraded the firmware to 384.3. I have some wireless clients that are "regulated" in the time scheduling section under Parental Controls. Even though the clients were well within the time range where they should have Internet access, they were getting a screen saying that they were blocked. The URL contained the router's IP address followed by "blocked.asp" and the client's MAC address. I changed the firmware back to 382.1_2 and the problem went away.

Just wanted to report this.

Upgraded an AC68U from 380.69_2 to 384.3_0.

My custom key.pem and cert.pem were overwritten. There's no longer an option to upload them via the web UI?

(I put back the old ones via SSH. Reason for doing: these give a green lock in Firefox, unlike the router generated ones)

I disagree. Aimesh is helpful if you have a big property and needs the wireless to extend to those weak areas. For those who doesn't need it, you can turn it off. The 384's and future branches will have Aimesh wireless drivers enabled builtin so it seems is ASUS direction, I believe Merlin just disabled Aimesh appearance in the GUI and can enable it if he thinks he can support its complexities as he doesn't have control of the close source.:)

Certainly there are potential applications for Aimesh to displace existing wireless wifi solutions. However its been done for over a decade using wifi gear set in repeater mode or access point mode when covering outdoor areas and warehouses. These sort of 'old' settings are already built into the asus router, dd-wrt and others and are proven and easy to use.

So when one considers the simplicity of taking a wifi router with proven code and just putting it in repeater mode versus the many things that must be fixed in the newest latest code the vendor just pushed out the door one needs to start prioritizing. That's kind of where Aimesh may not make the 'A' priority for now and that is where I am coming from when I say no rush on Aimesh while there are still basic stability or reliability issues that need work.

Lots of other options. Here are some that have been around for a decade (including mesh) https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers.

There's no longer an option to upload them via the web UI?
In fact, these are present on my AC86U, but not on this AC68U:
  • Generate a new certificate
  • Additional Certificate SANs
  • Provide your own certificate

Hi Merlin,
First of all, thanks for always bringing us the best firmware.

Second...
Yesterday, I did a reset on my ASUS RT-AC68U after upgrade to the latest RMERLIM WRT: 384.3 (14-Feb-2018). The RT-AC68U is running as a media bridge, connected to a RT-AC3200 via 5 Ghz band.

After the upgrade, the new graphical UI is not showing any 5 Ghz band, only 2.4 Ghz. I have done test also with the original ASUS WRT, version 3.0.0.4.384.20308 and it's the same.

Also the manual settings button has been removed. This is crucial if the SSID is hidden.

I was forced to revert back to RMerlin WRT version 380.69 (11-Dec-2017) in order to get the RT-AC68U up and running.

Could it be that the UI is limiting the SSID AP list?

This is the screen that I'm looking for, with the MANUAL SETTING

Sk_rmavbild_2018_02_18_kl_00_01_59.png

Last edited:
The HDD Hibernation (spin down) broke for me with 384.3. Does anyone have this feature working on 384.3?

I now see HDD's are actually spinning down/up, there are no longer any log entries at the debug level showing the activity.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!