1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 is now available

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by RMerlin, May 13, 2018.

1. Grisu

Grisu Senior Member

Easy done on parent-mesh, just in mesh-node list click on ' - ' will delete it from mesh list. Node will reboot and start with intitialize page.

agilani likes this.
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. BuTTuS

BuTTuS Occasional Visitor

My router doesn’t even update those pages anymore either, although it blocks me when visiting malicious test pages.
    And could not resist clicking update on the signature version today and then it jumped from 2.070 to 2.074 so that doesn’t update automatically then I guess.
    Don’t know if I care enough about this for a init and reconfig though...

4. agilani

agilani Regular Contributor

Stock wireless performance issues

Well i flashed stock and it was stable for 3 days 20 hours or so. This morning i got the instability on wireless 2.4ghz with latency in the 2000 ms range. Except this time i saw that the devices were connecting to the 2.4ghz aimesh test node i had setup so i decided to power it off. Don't know if powering off the aimesh node device caused the reboot or if the slowness issue did. Nothing in the syslog or wireless logs :( Removing the aimesh node to reduce the variables. I may have to revert to the 380 code base again.

Jun 8 11:46:59 dnsmasq-dhcp[339]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.157 d0:13:fd:56:c4:20 lgv20
    Jun 8 11:47:05 dnsmasq-dhcp[339]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.1.157 d0:13:fd:56:c4:20
    Jun 8 11:47:05 dnsmasq-dhcp[339]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.157 d0:13:fd:56:c4:20 lgv20
    Jun 8 11:47:10 dnsmasq-dhcp[339]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.1.157 d0:13:fd:56:c4:20
    Jun 8 11:47:10 dnsmasq-dhcp[339]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.157 d0:13:fd:56:c4:20 lgv20
    May 4 22:05:05 syslogd started: BusyBox v1.17.4
    May 4 22:05:05 kernel: klogd started: BusyBox v1.17.4 (2018-05-27 13:13:57 CST)
    May 4 22:05:05 kernel: Linux version 2.6.36.4brcmarm ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.5.3 (Buildroot 2012.02) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun May 27 13:19:36 CST 2018
    May 4 22:05:05 kernel: CPU: ARMv7 Processor [413fc090] revision 0 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7f
    May 4 22:05:05 kernel: CPU: VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT nonaliasing instruction cache
    May 4 22:05:05 kernel: Machine: Northstar Prototype

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Grisu likes this.
  5. pauliesco

pauliesco New Around Here

Hi all
    Im a newbie here but I have a very quick question is the ASUS DSL-AC88U supported I cant see the DSL mentioned on the supported router section.

Thanks

6. Grisu

Grisu Senior Member

no DSL type modem-routers are supported by Merlin!
    But I know that some loaded a RT-AC68U stock and merlin-firmware on DSL-AC68U which will work very well without modem functionality and missing USB2.0 of course.

7. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Do NOT try to flash on DSL-AC88U! Different CPU from the RT-AC88U!

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Vexira likes this.
  8. Mathieu

Mathieu Occasional Visitor

Hi all
    Thought I'd share my frustrating experience attempting to upgrade to 384.5, coming from 384.4_2.
    Lacking any expert technological knowledge, I have always relied heavily on this community for previous upgrades, particularly as regards reboots/resets/flushes etc.
    To the point: I can't manage to get the internet connected (I appreciate the issue may reside with my ISP).
    If anyone can point to flaws in my process, I'd love to read you...
    I proceeded as follows:
    -Since John's great back up tool (https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/NVRAM-Save-Restore-Utility) can no longer be used for the 384 mod, I manually backed up as much as I could (DCHP static list, jffs, etc) and screenshot the rest of the settings.
    -Downloaded the fw (at first from the main, and later from the mirror site).
    -flushed the caches of Firefox and Safari (which I use interchangeably).
    -attempted to ssh the command "sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches" as had been suggested on this thread by DonnyJohnny. It returned an error about echo3 [perhaps because I am on mac os, most likely because I am useless]
    -flashed the fw from the administration/firmware upgrade page of the GUI
    -As the machine requested a 'Manual reboot', I did power it off, unplugged it from the wall and let it rest a decent 5'. Took this opportunity to power-cycle my ONT too (getting internet via FFTH from a reputable - historical -provider in rainy Spain)
    -Restarted the ONT. Waited.
    -Restarted the router
    -My old SSIDs were still showing. hmm.
    -Bypassed the internet setup page and did a Restore to factory settings.
    -Waited
    -Joined the default ASUS_AO_2G network that had appeared [not sure this was the exact name].
    -at some point it prompted for my ISP credentials, which I happily informed [those haven't changed in years]
    -And then nuffin'... Stuck with the following screen
    Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 16.11.41.png

I attempted three times the above, to no avail. But -and I know this will raise some eyebrows-, I uploaded the settings I had saved from 384.4_2.
    All seems to be fine and dandy now.

My apologies for the lengthy exposé. But if somebody could tell me what I have done wrong, I would much appreciate it.
    -----
    "Dear Asus Router: All praise to RMerlin, to whom all praise is due"
    (In the way of J. Coltrane's Love Supreme)

9. pauliesco

pauliesco New Around Here

Thanks for the reply and info I won't bother buying one then

Thankyou

Paul

10. Treadler

Treadler Regular Contributor

My 10 cents worth, going from one 384x version to another 384x version, I would just flash over the top & move on with life.
    In my small experience, no need for back up/reinstall/restore in this instance.

joegreat likes this.
  11. Grisu

Grisu Senior Member

But now you are still on 384.5 ?
    Which mode is choosen at the moment when working now?
    Go to admin-page and reenter every single value to see if you loose connection bacause faulty setting.
    Then do a factory again with initialize and wait much longer what will happen.
    Modem leave on synchronized all the time.

12. Mathieu

Thank you. That is what I did in practice, and so far so good...

13. Mathieu

The router is running 384.5 at present, and there doesn't seem to be any issue. Will try to re-input settings manually when I get the chance. Please can you specify what you mean by "Modem leave on synchronised all the time"?
    Thanks for taking the time.

14. Grisu

Grisu Senior Member

That after initialize the router can find the modem with standing internet-connection. If you reboot modem same time it maybe not synchronized and so router will fail too.

15. Synther

Synther New Around Here

Hello. Could you please help me with Asus rt-ac56u? Can't save any record in Port Forwarding List (WAN - Virtual Server / Port Forwarding). When I enter my parametres AND press Add. After press Save button, I see text "No data in table"

16. BlackMage

BlackMage Occasional Visitor

Has 384.5 already been tested with the RT-AC68U? For me it is very unstable and strange and and for some inexplicable reasons it can not be connected to some apps on Android clients.

I've downgraded to 380.63 again (because I still had it there) and there everything is stable.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  17. cowst

cowst Senior Member

Didn't notice any issue.

18. BlackMage

I asked if it was already tested with the RT-AC68U(not with the RT-N66U, or have you also a RT-AC68U?).

19. Makaveli

Makaveli Senior Member

Why not go to 380.70 why such an old firmware?

20. BlackMage

because I know that 380.63 certainly works flawlessly and I did not feel like experimenting and
    and because I still had the version there...

21. eddiez

eddiez Senior Member

Could you be more specific as to the issues?
    Tried factory defaults?

No issues whatsoever here with quite a lot of apps loaded...on android

scjr likes this.
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!