What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RT-AC68U, Firmware Version 384.5

#nvram show|grep maclist
I see a lot of &#38#38#38#38#38#38#38#38#38#38#62 instead of a 'space'
e.g. FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF&#38#38#38#38#38#38#38#38#38#38#62Name

In the GUI "Client Name (MAC Address)" I see the same thing.

How to fix it?

I've had 382_50470 and 384_20942 for a few days already, however I'm waiting for Asus to get back to me as there are major issues for me with the GPL for these two versions...

I've had 382_50470 and 384_20942 for a few days already, however I'm waiting for Asus to get back to me as there are major issues for me with the GPL for these two versions...
I hope Asus isn’t forgetting that your project is actually an important selling point for their routers. I hope they don’t make things so difficult, this project ends.

We appreciate all you do, Eric.

I hope Asus isn’t forgetting that your project is actually an important selling point for their routers. I hope they don’t make things so difficult, this project ends.

+1!

In the GUI "Client Name (MAC Address)" I see the same thing.
I can not delete the MAC list through the "Wireless MAC Filter" from different browsers. The button Applay is active, but not pressed. How can I delete through SSH?

For clear:
nvram unset wl_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1_maclist
nvram unset wl0_maclist_x
nvram unset wl_maclist
nvram unset wl0_maclist
nvram set wl_maclist_x=""
nvram set wl1_maclist_x=""
nvram set wl1_maclist=""
nvram set wl0_maclist_x=""
nvram set wl_maclist=""
nvram set wl0_maclist=""
nvram commit

Right?

Last edited:
Hello,I'm on 384.5 AC86U and there is a problem on QoS clock and bar display for download and upload tranfer.When I try to test velocity line then both download and upload velocity displays on same clock on the left(upload) or in the same graph bar (arrow up).Please fix it in the next release.

Hello,I'm on 384.5 AC86U and there is a problem on QoS clock and bar display for download and upload tranfer.When I try to test velocity line then both download and upload velocity displays on same clock on the left(upload) or in the same graph bar (arrow up).Please fix it in the next release.
Do you have IPV6 enabled? I have seen this before when I enable IPV6 with 6RD.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
I am looking to update my rt
RT-AC68U, from 380.68_alpha2 to-------------- 384.5
I need advice on how to go about with this. I know that there are two option to choose from, one factory reset and other is
Back-up existing router configuration and jffs partition. I am confused about how to proceed with this step. Since, I haven't done this for a while. I bought this ASus router couple year back when there was a sale on it. They were selling it as the tmobile wifi hotspot which I assume a lot of people have changed it to original firmware making it a great buy! As I meaning to say, that the steps to converting was challenging and fun but worth while. I would like to know is there any instruction I should follow for updating to 380_alpha to 384..

Currently, I have Asuswrt -merlin installed on mine now.

Yup but illegally/unofficially and as per the rules you will not get any support for such models here.

+1

Not sure if it's been reported, but I've experienced following issue with RT-AC3200 v384.5;
-Network map -> Clients -> Client status -> device & change name: changing a client name & internet stops working. As in, WAN IP is no longer my ISP issued IP but rather router default. Turn internet connection off & then back on & presto.
This has happened a few, but not every, times now. Surely such a change shouldn't be interfering with internet connection?

Not sure if it's been reported, but I've experienced following issue with RT-AC3200 v384.5;
-Network map -> Clients -> Client status -> device & change name: changing a client name & internet stops working. As in, WAN IP is no longer my ISP issued IP but rather router default. Turn internet connection off & then back on & presto.
This has happened a few, but not every, times now. Surely such a change shouldn't be interfering with internet connection?

Are you using any special characters in the name?

Just got an Asus RT-AC86U that I updated to stock 384_2 out of the box.

Do I need to do a hard -back to factory - reset to upgrade to Merlin's 384.5?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!