What's new

[Release] AB-Solution 3 - The Ad Blocking Solution

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was running PiHole on a Raspberry Pi 2.

You're a legend... Thanks for the quick reply. I'll edit those manually later tonight.
I was sort of in a bad mood today.
It's bedtime, but I will rest with a smile on my face knowing, in your opinion, AB-Solution beats Pi-Hole.

I was sort of in a bad mood today.
It's bedtime, but I will rest with a smile on my face knowing, in your opinion, AB-Solution beats Pi-Hole.
I was going to go that route with my pi2 or 3 but figured in the router is better for speed and it will free up my Pi's. And since your method/program is way easier and better IMO, I suggested this to people I work with as well. So hopefully this will take place of our barracuda in a sense. [emoji12]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was going to go that route with my pi2 or 3 but figured in the router is better for speed and it will free up my Pi's. And since your method/program is way easier and better IMO, I suggested this to people I work with as well. So hopefully this will take place of our barracuda in a sense. [emoji12]

Thanks Bryant, good stories are always welcome and much appreciated.

My local paper ran this today: All just advertising.
r2SsPO4.png

I installed pixelserv with "ps" and I think that it was ok
If I choose again "ps" it is showing this for a very short time

writing the pixelserv-tls startup script
restarting pixelserv-tls to apply changes
Shutting down pixelserv-tls... done.
Starting pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution)... done.
checking if 192.168.0.3 responds
192.168.0.3 responded, continuing

then below the menu:
Error: pixelserv-tls is not running.

Checked the ip 192.168.0.3 and it seems mapped with "sso.anbtr.com"
If I go to "http://sso.anbtr.com/" I have a blank page without error.

It is something wrong with my installation or I should ignore that error message?
Thank you in advance!

I installed pixelserv with "ps" and I think that it was ok
If I choose again "ps" it is showing this for a very short time

writing the pixelserv-tls startup script
restarting pixelserv-tls to apply changes
Shutting down pixelserv-tls... done.
Starting pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution)... done.
checking if 192.168.0.3 responds
192.168.0.3 responded, continuing

then below the menu:
Error: pixelserv-tls is not running.

Checked the ip 192.168.0.3 and it seems mapped with "sso.anbtr.com"
If I go to "http://sso.anbtr.com/" I have a blank page without error.

It is something wrong with my installation or I should ignore that error message?
Thank you in advance!
A quick search on t'interweb says that redirects to iso.anbtr.com means you have a malware infection.

looks like a nasty lil sucker....

"Once this malicious program is installed, whenever you will browse the Internet, an ad from Sso.anbtr.com will randomly pop-up.
These ads are aimed to promote the installation of additional questionable content including web browser toolbars, optimization utilities and other products, all so the adware publisher can generate pay-per-click revenue.

When infected with this adware program, other common symptoms include:

• Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
  • Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
  • Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
  • Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge."

A quick search on t'interweb says that redirects to iso.anbtr.com means you have a malware infection.
Meantime I solved the problem with pixelserv. Found the solution some posts ago and the issue was related to wget 1.18 version
But now I'm worried about your answer "malware infection"
I discovered address "sso.anbtr.com" with "ping -a 192.168.0.3" from windows command prompt
Also pinging to "sso.anbtr.com" it is returning 192.168.0.3
Does it mean that the router is infected or the computer?

should be your PC i guess... from what i read about it... seems windows based

Good job getting your pixelserv working :)

Tried now AdwCleaner from bleeping and doesn't seems to be safe to use.
I checked every line recommended to be removed and I found many things reported as issue and actually that should not be removed.
For example I'm using a Jabra device for conferences and AdwCleaner it is reporting it as problem to be removed.
So, I don't recommend for people without advanced knowledge.

I will check what is the idea with this sso.anbtr.com. It is strange that it is shown/linked only on pixelserv ip.

But anyway this thread is for AB-Solution which it is a great tool.
Many thanks to you thelonelycoder and to the others that helped you on this creation.

Just discovered that "-sso.anbtr.com" it's first on "hosts-adblock" file so probably from here it is coming.

C:\Windows\system32>ping -a 192.168.0.3
Pinging -sso.anbtr.com [192.168.0.3] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.0.3: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.0.3: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

and it is the same from all devices connected through this router.
So, I think that all it's ok, no malware.
Thank you!

I will check what is the idea with this sso.anbtr.com. It is strange that it is shown/linked only on pixelserv ip.
Not saying you don't have a problem, but not so strange, if I understand how this works.

I have the shooter40sw host list loaded, around 200,000 domains. Variations on anbtr.com show up in my list about 29 times, including the very first line.

If you ping that domain, your pc first looks in its local dns cache for the IP address. If it doesn't find it, it forwards the name to its dns resolver, which is should be your router unless your pc has a manual dns entry. The router receives the request to dnsmasq, which has the host list added by ab-solution. Because you have pixelserv, all the names in the list resolve to your 0.3 address. so that's where ping goes. If a web page is sending the request, pixelserv will send back its one pixel.

If you enter your 0.3 address into your browser, you should get back nothing. If you enter 0.3/servstats, you should get the statistics page. If you get anything else, then you must have a real problem, because your router is sending the request outside your network. (I'm assuming your local network is 192.168.0.xxx.)

If you enter your 0.3 address into your browser, you should get back nothing. If you enter 0.3/servstats, you should get the statistics page. If you get anything else, then you must have a real problem, because your router is sending the request outside your network. (I'm assuming your local network is 192.168.0.xxx.)
Tried both 192.168.0.3 and with /servstats and it returning nothing and statistics, so I'm relaxed now.
Thank you!

It's probably showing jabra as it outdated and has a cve attached to how the program is running. Lots of virus scanners do that because of a patch that isn't in place.

Thx, but my recommendation it is still do don't trust it. Jabra was just an example. Trying to change my default search engine it's another one.
When I saw so many things trying to change which shouldn't then I was thinking maybe AdwCleaner it's a Trojan.
If it is a serious developer they should analyze again the damages that this tool can do. Just my opinion.

This is how
4b1cc1bb473ac30413dd087c08fdcca5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 with Pixel XL build.prop

I guess your answer is right there in your quote.

Important part is 'placed by Tapatalk'. ;)

So, no support of SNB forums at all.

I guess your answer is right there in your quote.

Important part is 'placed by Tapatalk'. ;)

So, no support of SNB forums at all.

The very last sentence states that they share part of the ads revenue with the site owners.

The very last sentence states that they share part of the ads revenue with the site owners.

But, that's the part I find hard to believe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.