What's new

[Release] AB-Solution 3 - The Ad Blocking Solution

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14 10:57:45 pixelserv[2270]: Abort: Address already in use - :192.168.1.3:443
There you have it.
I'm relieved it is not my updated code that is (still) not working. It would have driven me mad.
You have some service running on port 443, find out what it is, but likely AiCloud.

Looks like you have Ai cloud listening on port 443... you need to change that AiCloud 2.0---> settings tab
Thanks Guys it now started working . Really appreciate the help

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 547
That port will be checked in the updated PS addon before install starts, for sure.

Thanks Guys it now started working . Really appreciate the help
Do you need pixelserv logging enabled?.... it can swell your syslog size pretty badly...side effects may include slowing the GUI down. I would turn it off unless you are really interested in the details. The http stats page will still work without it.

Do you need pixelserv logging enabled?.... it can swell your syslog size pretty badly...side effects may include slowing the GUI down. I would turn it off unless you are really interested in the details. The http stats page will still work without it.

Thanks for the info.. I turned it off

Well, at least now I know for sure my updated code works.
On to the last changes and tests.

So it was AiCloud running on that port?
Ive seen pixelserv made set to listen to custom ports with the assistance of a couple of iptables rules.
don't know ifs thats worth considering.... Its a bit ugly though.
Maybe offering to move the AICloud port during setup would be nicer.

Ive seen pixelserv made set to listen to custom ports with the assistance of a couple of iptables rules.
don't know ifs thats worth considering.... Its a bit ugly though.
Maybe offering to move the AICloud port during setup would be nicer.
That's already coded, I check the Ai nvram settings. But running it on a different port would be simple, it's just a switch I could add during install. But I'd rather them change the Ai port. Then all of AB installs run standard PS.
My thinking.

That's already coded, I check the Ai nvram settings. But running it on a different port would be simple, it's just a switch I could add during install. But I'd rather them change the Ai port. Then all of AB installs run standard PS.
My thinking.
Yes i agree with you there 100% there. I thought it might be a nice touch to offer change the port number through an nvram commit once the conflict was detected. ( e.g what port would you like... 9443 is our suggestion)

Yes i agree with you there 100% there. I thought it might be a nice touch to offer change the port number through an nvram commit once the conflict was detected. ( e.g what port would you like... 9443 is our suggestion)
Naah, i'll just issue an r m -r f /
Spaces added intentionally. Fixes all in one go.
Hint: DO NOT RUN THIS COMMAND! SERIOUS!

OK, serious, this is a good idea, will add it.

I'm nearly done with the updates to all of the AB scripts.
I would like this tested outside of my sheltered test environment before the general release.

Changes done:
- AICloud port (443) check with option to directly change it to 9443 (9443 is tested before the option to change comes up)
- In addition to 'entware' and 'entware-ng', 'entware-ng.arm' folder for existing Entware installs is supported
- wget, ping and curl commands simplified and compatible with non-standard versions
- Keeping .ash_history (sh) actually keeps the terminal command history.
- option to reset pixelserv-tls settings. Useful for PS IP change or Entware device has changed

I'm looking for no more than four testers (limit of PM participants is 5) with non-standard installs:
- Merlin forks only (john9527, Xwrt, ..., homebrew)
- With or without pre-existing Entware install
- AiCloud or other packages that may interfere with pixelserv-tls port
- You have a good reason

Let me know if you're interested in this thread, no PM's please.

I'll give it a test as I had that wget issue on hggomes firmware.
The fork you use is depicted by dots in my announcement (...).
You're in.

I'm nearly done with the updates to all of the AB scripts.
I would like this tested outside of my sheltered test environment before the general release.

Changes done:
- AICloud port (443) check with option to directly change it to 9443 (9443 is tested before the option to change comes up)
- In addition to 'entware' and 'entware-ng', 'entware-ng.arm' folder for existing Entware installs is supported
- wget, ping and curl commands simplified and compatible with non-standard versions
- Keeping .ash_history (sh) actually keeps the terminal command history.
- option to reset pixelserv-tls settings. Useful for PS IP change or Entware device has changed

I'm looking for no more than four testers (limit of PM participants is 5) with non-standard installs:
- Merlin forks only (john9527, Xwrt, ..., homebrew)
- With or without pre-existing Entware install
- AiCloud or other packages that may interfere with pixelserv-tls port
- You have a good reason

Let me know if you're interested in this thread, no PM's please.
i will give a try

Status
Not open for further replies.