What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@RMerlin in .61 is there an issue with the firmware showing the local area networks, through Windows, Ubuntu etc, because in version .58 it was fine, but I've nothing but issues.

I've tried my O/s's with no firewalls, and with firewalls, the only way I can access the machines, is by typing; 192.168.02\Documents or 192.168.0.4\Movies, where as before I didn't need to do this, but other than that everything else is fine.

Works fine for me. You will have to determine who is the master browser on your network, as he's the one responsible for keeping the list of devices on your LAN.

@RMerlin in .61 is there an issue with the firmware showing the local area networks, through Windows, Ubuntu etc, because in version .58 it was fine, but I've nothing but issues.

I've tried my O/s's with no firewalls, and with firewalls, the only way I can access the machines, is by typing; 192.168.02\Documents or 192.168.0.4\Movies, where as before I didn't need to do this, but other than that everything else is fine.
In windows make sure your connection is "private" network and not "public". Windows have a habit of changing the network category when a new router/adapter is introduced.

In windows make sure your connection is "private" network and not "public". Windows have a habit of changing the network category when a new router/adapter is introduced.
@RMerlin

This is now fixed, I have set the router as the default Master Browser, thanks for the tips.

Last edited:
Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available, for all supported models.
There is one known issue at this time where, for a few users, the networkmap comes up empty. I've been unable to reproduce the problem, and people reported similar issues with the stock firmware, so I'll let Asus take care of that one. This should not impair the router's functionality or it's stability.

Try changing the default 192.168.1.x address for the modem. I had the problem with my AC3200. I changed the router's address to 192.168.2.1 since all my network was previously configured on that subnet and it was the fastest way to get the router running but I noticed the list not showing.

I spent hours trying to figure out why until I decided to reset the router and noticed it started working... and as soon as I changed the address again it stoped working. Switched back to the default 192.168.1.1 address and it's been working ever since.

Try changing the default 192.168.1.x address for the modem. I had the problem with my AC3200. I changed the router's address to 192.168.2.1 since all my network was previously configured on that subnet and it was the fastest way to get the router running but I noticed the list not showing.

I spent hours trying to figure out why until I decided to reset the router and noticed it started working... and as soon as I changed the address again it stoped working. Switched back to the default 192.168.1.1 address and it's been working ever since.

Shouldn't be related, since I'm not using the default 192.168.1.0 subnet myself.

Hi guys

excuse me if i posted in wrong place but is this firmware compatible with AC68U C1 rev ?

I've had nothing but problems with opening ports. But before I jumped to conclusions I swapped out the 87U router for the bag of nails SR101. And yes, still I can't open ports. So, I doubt very much it's the router of Merlin's firmware.

I've refreshed W8.1 and now I can't even access the router. So I'm guessing Windows was broken and I'll have to do a router reset.

Did the jump on my RT-AC88U, from .2345 ori fw to this one. Been running smoothly for the last 10 days. Thanks Merlin.

Hi all, I have the RT-AC3200 now running 380.61. I had noticed that one of the options is to force as master browser. Is that on by default or do I have to turn it on? I searched for the setting but didn't see it. BTW.... thanks Merlin for the firmware updates. I have been reading here for a while but just now signed up.

Hi all, I have the RT-AC3200 now running 380.61. I had noticed that one of the options is to force as master browser. Is that on by default or do I have to turn it on? I searched for the setting but didn't see it. BTW.... thanks Merlin for the firmware updates. I have been reading here for a while but just now signed up.

It defaults to being disabled.

Hi, I have the RT-N66U running 380.61. When running speedtest.net the test starts and near de end of download test speed starts droping and frequently it gives error: socket-download01 - title, socket-download01 - message, try again.
Any idea on what's the problem?

Thanks for the reply. How do I turn it on? I didn't notice a setting for it. It sounds like having it on will help my network.

USB Applications -> Media Services and Servers -> Network Place (Samba).

QOS settings

What is Wan Packet Overhead? it is set to 0 is that what setting would be the setting 380 .59 used?

QOS settings

What is Wan Packet Overhead? it is set to 0 is that what setting would be the setting 380 .59 used?

To accurately calculate QoS handling, the kernel needs to know the size of a packet. People with ADSL connections have some additional data added to every packet (at the ATM level), which means that the kernel's calculations are off by a few bytes.

This setting allows you to tell the kernel if there is any overhead to be added to each packet. Cable users are typically set to 0 (since there's typically no additional overhead added by the ISP). This is what the kernel was assumg in the past.

This setting is really only for people trying to finetune their QoS to the extreme. The only drawback of not accurately configuring this is some bandwidth gets wasted.

So if unsure, just leave it to 0.

Note that this setting does not work on the RT-AC66U anyway, only on newer ARM routers.

ok that explain why when I do set it i dont keep any I did notice

https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

After upgrade 380.61 my quality went from A/A+ to F and my speed seem to slower with QOS on too

https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/4804769

Quality of goes backs 6+ months with A/A+

After 380.61

https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/4919230

It like the with QOS on or off with it off speeds spike higher though cause my connection is cable more then 100

Hmm actual i just notice the results with A are using HTTP and results F are using HTTPS, I will switch test modes around and see that is why.

ok that explain why when I do set it i dont keep any I did notice

https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

After upgrade 380.61 my quality went from A/A+ to F and my speed seem to slower with QOS on too

https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/4804769

Quality of goes backs 6+ months with A/A+

After 380.61

https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/4919230

It like the with QOS on or off with it off speeds spike higher though cause my connection is cable more then 100

Hmm actual i just notice the results with A are using HTTP and results F are using HTTPS, I will switch test modes around and see that is why.

Ok I fiqured out the cause all the test results that show A for grade we done using HTTP, which go back 6+months, recently that test started defualting to HTTPS which what cause the results to be graded as F, Switch the test back to HTTP and it grades it as A/A+ again.

So anyone else that uses that above speed test and sees this check to see if you original test were they were good grades was HTTP and if your new test are getting bad grade see of ot defaults to HTTPS, just switch it back to HTTP and all will be fine again.

The glitch that cause my PS3 cause Client List to go blank and in turn the PS3 was seen as connect in Client Status but was uneditable when it connected seem to be fixed.

Sadly who ever told me that the X in offline client list Still dont delete client:(

My dish hopper 3 will no long connect to 5ghz anymore though, other things that connecto 5ghz seem fine though

Last edited:
fix the issue with the hopper 3 I put the mac address in wrong, which leads me to my next question.

I use to be able to paste use to be able to ctrl+ v? to copy the mac address into the page now it seem that is disabled but manual right click paste works.
Actual i not sure if used ctrl+v to paste it in or if right clicked and click paste its been while since i did this.

Last edited:
But I could set my Asus router in that range then instead right? (Asus Router 192.168.178.1 or 2) and DHCP-lease 192.168-178.10-100?
No, definitely don't do that. The WAN and LAN need to be on different networks. Leave the Asus on 192.168.1.x. If you change the Connect Box to "modem mode" it's IP address will change to 192.168.100.1. This may well be reachable from your LAN (it depends on the Connect Box not the Asus).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!