What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I noticed on Wireless Pro options that Multi-User MIMO is still in alpha, does somebody knows when the certification program shall get to final?

RT-AC87U as Main Router. Upgrade from 380.59 to 380.61 Final.

RT-AC66U as Repeater. Upgrade from 380.61 Alpha2 to 380.61 Final. I try Factory reset and upgrade again.

I upgraded RT-AC87U yesterday. After 12 hours, Wi-Fi disable and automatic restart. RT-AC66U can't connect to RT-AC87U. DHCP fail.

Before RT-AC87U restart. It shown "dnsmasq-dhcp[439]: BOOTP(br0) 00:26:86:00:00:00 no address configured" more 15 lines.

I don't know, what happen ? Or need Factory reset on RT-AC87U ?

RT-AC87U as Main Router. Upgrade from 380.59 to 380.61 Final.

RT-AC66U as Repeater. Upgrade from 380.61 Alpha2 to 380.61 Final. I try Factory reset and upgrade again.

I upgraded RT-AC87U yesterday. After 12 hours, Wi-Fi disable and automatic restart. RT-AC66U can't connect to RT-AC87U. DHCP fail.

Before RT-AC87U restart. It shown "dnsmasq-dhcp[439]: BOOTP(br0) 00:26:86:00:00:00 no address configured" more 15 lines.

I don't know, what happen ? Or need Factory reset on RT-AC87U ?

Always factory reset after a major upgrade.

I've put this on my RT-AC68U. Don't think I've done a factory reset since 380.59 or so. Things seem to be working fine so gonna leave it alone. Thanks for all your work.

Is it possible to save the settings of my Router before i do a Factory Reset ?
Because it is so much work to configure again everything after the update.
I have RT-AC87U with 380.58.

I'm running .58 still, no issues. If I decided to flash, could I just dirty flash overt the top w/o NVRAM reset or is it advisable to NVRAM reset then flash. Just curious as I'm holding back flashing as of yet due to the issues in .61, if any are present.

I'm running .58 still, no issues. If I decided to flash, could I just dirty flash overt the top w/o NVRAM reset or is it advisable to NVRAM reset then flash. Just curious as I'm holding back flashing as of yet due to the issues in .61, if any are present.

I've had a AC87U for over a year and never did any kind of reset when updating. Alphas, betas, even switching between Merlin and Official firmwares. Everything works fine.

's possible add in the next firmware version, the MTU size option under the Ping menu? thanks
Does that make sense? Ping is a tool, MTU quite an important connection setting for WAN....

Hi;

Firstly, thank you for the great work and effort, and sharing with the community.

Was running asus original firmware 3341 (router= rt-ac5300). was streaming media content to smart tv successfully.
then try this firmware 380.61. But smart tv unable to detect usb in DLNA. went to check under USB, found DLNA selected off. turn it ON, but still DLNA cannot see USB. Turn off TV & try again, still not able to see usb.
Revert back to asus and smart tv able to see. smart tv is philips TV.
Not sure why I encounter this issue.

Any help / advise for me?

Thank you in advance!

It's possible add in the next firmware version, the MTU size option under the Ping menu? thanks

Why would we want Merlin to waste his time on that?

MTU settings are already provided in the WAN configuration page where they belong.

RT-N66U Dual wan is still not workind as it should.
I use usb modem as a backup.
1. There is still no option to enter ip, gateway or at least set dhcp mode for secondary wan (usb modem). It tries to use same settings from primary wan - and gets a lot of errors.
2. Secondary wan switches to primary as soon as Failback Execution time passes - without checking if primary wan is alive or not. So if primary wan is down - router starts switching from primary to secondary and back several times per 10 minutes.
I don't understand the use of ping to internet setting in this case. When primary wan is not pingable - it swithces to secondary and works ok within failback execution time. But then it turns back to primary wan even if it's down, waits for failover execution time and turns back to secondary. Kinda strange.

After running overnight, client list finally populated on N66U. I do have about 20 devices on DHCP, so maybe it just took awhile. Working fine now.

Im going to upgrade from Merlin 380.59 to 380.61 on my 3200, is it just stability updates or will this new firmware prevent me from updating to any higher custom firmware at a later date due to the crap the FCC has added to stop this sort of thing?

I also want to thank Merlin for all his time, effort and skills, real MVP dude! thankyou,

Why would we want Merlin to waste his time on that?

MTU settings are already provided in the WAN configuration page where they belong.

Or, if you want to "experiment" simply ssh into the router and run the ping command by hand with the -s (size) option:

ping -s xx www.whoyouwanttoping.com

where xx is the number of bytes you want to send.

I would also recommend setting a count limit, say 5

ping -s xx -c 5 www.foobar.com

Frankly, more flexible than having an option on the menu.

As a side, I just tried the above. Google stops responding at 85 byte packets, Yahoo seemed to take almost anything I sent to it.

Regarding the AC3200 380.61 file:

Either the SHA256 published signature is wrong, or the file uploaded to the 3 mirrors is corrupted.

Test the TRX, not the zipfile.

Im going to upgrade from Merlin 380.59 to 380.61 on my 3200, is it just stability updates or will this new firmware prevent me from updating to any higher custom firmware at a later date due to the crap the FCC has added to stop this sort of thing?

I also want to thank Merlin for all his time, effort and skills, real MVP dude! thankyou,

Flashed 380.61 on my RT-AC3200 and everything works as expected. Uptime 23h.

Just flashed 380.61 on not one but two RT-AC87U's.

Smoothest upgrade ever, I usually have to turn everything off (cable modem, pfSense firewall, routers) and bring it all up again in order to get everything working again, but not this time, the routers updated, rebooted themselves and it all just worked.

Fantastic.

Thanks Merlin!

Upgraded the family's RT-AC68U.

Required a manual reboot, but luckily I was able to reboot via SSH instead (the router is hard to reach).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!