What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62_1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

One thing that's new to me since my upgrade, what's the "App" in the top right, next to the wifi symbol, signify?

It's a shortcut for the mobile App Asus publishes for their routers. Clicking on it shows QR download codes.

Thanks.

Found that my issue was Windows 10 (1511). Did some more searching, found a suggestion from someone having connection issues. Turns out the fix/workaround was having to change the IP of my NAS. Once I did that, I could connect. Changing it back, it was still broke. So new IP it is. I had tried flushing the DNS so it wasn't that. I've been avoiding any Windows updates just because of hearing about new things 1607 breaks. Thanks MS.

UPDATE: After rebooting the IOS device, the problem appears to be gone. Looks like a false alarm. Sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion. I'll post back if the problem returns.

AC-66: My WiFi devices loose the 5g connection and drop to 2.4g. Distance is not a factor. Happens right next to the router after a few seconds. I have now rolled back to 380.61.

Last edited:
Should watch out about posting your ddns and ip on the internet like that, its asking for someone to attack all your common ports now, I would secure them until you switch out the ddns and get a new ip from your isp. Also I had that issue when the DHCP query frequency was sent to aggressive, see if you moved it from the default normal mode.

Thanks - edited the snip to mask IP and DDNS. DHCP Mode is set to "Normal".

Since the upgrade, it's not logging my traffic now. I've got a USB stick plugged into the port that I've been using for a few years for this. After doing a factory restore and setting everything back up, I pointed merlin at the folder on the stick called "TRAFFIC" which I'd been using in the past. But it's not showing my old data and hasn't shown any new data for the past few days. I went ahead and told it "yes" to create or reset data thinking that would help, but it didn't. He's a few screen shots. It's not the end of the world if I have to lose the old data. NAT acceleration has been turned off, previously before this last upgrade, I had left it on.

cpm0bNH.jpg

kMpKBb4.jpg

PiM5vfE.jpg

q18DXL1.jpg

I'm not sure if this is a known issue (or if it needs to be fixed by Asus), but the end date for daylight savings is set to the pre-2007 value. I noticed it today on my RT-AC68P running 380.62.1 when my time was off. It is supposed to be the 1st week of November, not the 2nd week of October.

Thanks.

Found that my issue was Windows 10 (1511). Did some more searching, found a suggestion from someone having connection issues. Turns out the fix/workaround was having to change the IP of my NAS. Once I did that, I could connect. Changing it back, it was still broke. So new IP it is. I had tried flushing the DNS so it wasn't that. I've been avoiding any Windows updates just because of hearing about new things 1607 breaks. Thanks MS.

Hi, could you give me a link/s where you found the fixes/workarounds?

Since the upgrade, it's not logging my traffic now.

Check the System Log for any error message regarding the tomato_xxxxx.tgz database.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue (or if it needs to be fixed by Asus), but the end date for daylight savings is set to the pre-2007 value.

Known issue. This is due to Asuswrt being based on a prehistoric version of uclibc. You have to manually set the start/end dates.

Hi,
after a long horror time with asus fw problems i tried today this merlin fw.
And what should i say? All works perfect and without problems on my rt-ac88u.

Thank you so much for your work. A donation will follow. Now i'm happy with my router.

Kind regards
Chris

Mobil gesendet über eine Höllenmaschine

Check the System Log for any error message regarding the tomato_xxxxx.tgz database.

Nope, saved log to file and searched on "tomato". I unmounted the drive again and tried plugging it into my PC to see if maybe it went bad. At first I thought that was the issue because it wasn't working right when I plugged it into a USB port. Thought to try a USB 2 and it showed up ok. I reformatted for the heck of it, same name. Plugged it back into the asus, confirmed it's showing there, rechose the directory to save the data to for the heck of it, told it yes to create data files and applied. So we'll see what happens.

When you chose something like "every 6 hours", is it saving it at 12s and 6s or starting from some other point to save every 6 hours? I was always curious.

Hmm, not related, but I notice the system time on it is an hour off. ...ahh, I see the settings for the time zone time zone change ENDS is incorrect, and it thinks the time changed this past sunday. The change starts date is correct.

When you chose something like "every 6 hours", is it saving it at 12s and 6s or starting from some other point to save every 6 hours? I was always curious.

Every 6 hours, starting from the moment the service was started (typically meaning when the router booted).

Just upgraded my RT-AC66U from 380.61 and it didn't go as smoothly as usual. After reboot, I got a timeout from my browser and after waiting and a page refresh, I got a strange Asus screen (see below). I clicked on reboot and the normal login page appeared straight away.

I rebooted again, just to try and got the same thing. I did it again and finally got the normal login page right after reboot. But I always have browser timeouts and need to wait and refresh to finally get in. During this time, Internet access is also not working. It is like the router has not completely rebooted.

I would prefer if the reboot took 10 seconds longer but when it is complete, I would get the login page and a working Internet without having to wait and refresh the page.

Attachments

• Asus-Screen.jpg
    Asus-Screen.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 484
Still no joy on the traffic monitor front, it's not saving the data. Tried removing power from router for several minutes last night, no change. (hadn't done that since upgrade, just rebooted). I also did that because another issue had cropped up, it wasn't showing me a client list any more. That part is working again now.

Ok, was about to try setting the traffic back to RAM just to see if it would keep track, but I opened my system log and I'm seeing a bunch of errors this time.
"Oct 12 18:56:56 rstats[720]: Problem loading /mnt/TRAFFIC/tomato_rstats_10bf4853acd8.gz. Still trying...", all the same.

Maybe the issue is a flakey USB stick, so I've just gone and formatted another old stick and replaced the old one on the router. So waiting to see what happens this time. *sniff* sad to see old <1GB sticks die.

Still no joy on the traffic monitor front, it's not saving the data. Tried removing power from router for several minutes last night, no change. (hadn't done that since upgrade, just rebooted). I also did that because another issue had cropped up, it wasn't showing me a client list any more. That part is working again now.

Ok, was about to try setting the traffic back to RAM just to see if it would keep track, but I opened my system log and I'm seeing a bunch of errors this time.
"Oct 12 18:56:56 rstats[720]: Problem loading /mnt/TRAFFIC/tomato_rstats_10bf4853acd8.gz. Still trying...", all the same.

Maybe the issue is a flakey USB stick, so I've just gone and formatted another old stick and replaced the old one on the router. So waiting to see what happens this time. *sniff* sad to see old <1GB sticks die.
You are not alone! I had to go back to 380.57, set up traffic to a thumb drive, made sure it was recording then upgrade to 380.62. Now at 380.62-1 and all is well! This on a N66R.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Ok, wasn't the 2nd stick either. No errors in syslog. Changing settings to save to RAM to see if it saves anything.

@RMerlin - Just FYI, I have tried use my Xbox One and 360 in the DMZ, so ALL ports are open, the result is that the NAT type is STRICT no matter what console IP I use.

Example, I have my Xbox One @ 0.6 - I put that in DMZ, comes back as Strict NAT, so I clear that and put my 360 IP of 0.7 and that reports a strict NAT, and before stating I am using a static IP for each that's all I ever use, so I assume DMZ doesn't work as it should as it has in the past, now I assume it might work for you, but it doesn't for me I have cleared NVRAM and started from scratch and still I get the same results, this also applies to UPNP not functioning as it should here is a list of methods I've tried..

1. Tried individual IPs in DMZ, no success.
2. Disabled DMZ, and just UPNP, no port triggering, no port forwarding enabled, no success.

The ONLY workaround that works for me is that by port forwarding the Xbox One, I get an OPEN NAT, then turning off and on UPNP to get my 360 to work as an OPEN NAT, which I have to do every time I want to be able to use my 360 correctly.

All other features of the router work, it's mainly those two problems, now I don't know if other members have had similar problems but I am making you aware of a problem that has arisen for me,

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!