What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.64_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated my 5300. :)

Question: Is there any way of changing the range on the Download Bandwidth gauge? I have between 300-400Mbs down and I would like to change the max on the gauge to 400 or 500.

Thanks!
Dan

I have a small issue with the new build rmerlin. When I view the Qos Wan/Lan bandwidth monitor in action an object like a pop up with no detail just varied shades of black pops up for a second and blocks view. This continues the whole time I'm monitoring this. I'm using Google Chrome on my tablet to do this with. The android version. When I view from a widows computer running chrome this is not an issue. Also on the tablet it seems to refresh and find other apps using the Internet then loses them. Is this just my tablet and it's version of chrome?

Edit: Further testing revealed it's the browser version because it specific to my chrome version on my tablet. Every other browser I've tried works just fine.

Last edited:
Been up and running on my AC88U, for about 36 hours now and working without a problem.
Haven't noticed any real performance improvements, but the 380.63.2, also worked really well for me on this router.

Okay, so after factory reset, I now have all the right buttons for checking for firmware, AND apparently some other changes that have happened along the way (the ones I noticed were cosmetic, perhaps there's others), and it shows the 380.64 in the firmware version box. Guess I got lucky in not having to do factory resets through a lot of upgrades, and so I was reluctant to believe that was the problem here. Lesson learned. :)
Nevermind, I'm a moron, as usual ... the NTP Daemon setup makes a copy of the www directory that never gets updated. So, when I re-enabled the NTP Daemon and the menus went back to the way they were, the lightbulb finally went on.

There's a reason I don't do this stuff for a living ... :)

Howdy,
Downloaded and installed without issue on a few models.
3 x RT-N66U
2 x RT-AC68U
2 x RT-AC87U

All routers were simply upgraded (all prior 380.63_2) and all are working fine without any issues.

With qos disabled on rt-n66u I set nat acceleration to Auto but after applying setting it turns back to disable. What other settings may be incompatible with nat acceleration?

Traffic Monitor Daily
fStZmfF.png

Traffic Monitor Monthly
fjzX6Zd.png

AC5300
Is it normal traffic monthly didn't show anything at all?

On my RT-AC68U, monthly has never shown anything until the 1st of the month and then it only shows the new month. So, right now mine is empty for December but I suspect when January comes, it will start showing January. Now that I am storing my traffic data on a thumb drive, it shouldn't get wiped after reboots, firmware updates, etc.

Just rebooted, and the problem doesn't happen on a fresh boot, but simply "apply" the config (no need to change it) and it'll report errors and leave the vpn client status as "Error connecting - IP/Routing conflict"
Are you adding 'explicit-exit-notify' in your custom config? I was able to recreate the syslog entries on my fork, but only with this set. It looks like a bug in OpenVPN where it's not removing the added routes when it shuts down with explicit-exit-notify set. Then when it restarts, it finds the same routes you are trying to add and posts the error (hitting Apply causes a restart). Try removing this line if it's there and see what happens.

Are you adding 'explicit-exit-notify' in your custom config? I was able to recreate the syslog entries on my fork, but only with this set. It looks like a bug in OpenVPN where it's not removing the added routes when it shuts down with explicit-exit-notify set. Then when it restarts, it finds the same routes you are trying to add and posts the error (hitting Apply causes a restart). Try removing this line if it's there and see what happens.

" explicit-exit-notify" causes OpenVPN to skip running its updown script, which is why routes don't get cleaned up. People must not use that setting in Asuswrt's environment.

" explicit-exit-notify" causes OpenVPN to skip running its updown script, which is why routes don't get cleaned up. People must not use that setting in Asuswrt's environment.
Do you know why they do that?

Do you know why they do that?

Not sure, you'd have to re-check the OpenVPN manual for that keyword. It was discussed here about a year ago, I can't remember what the setting specifically does, but I remember the end result was that it was causing the cleanup script to be skipped.

With qos disabled on rt-n66u I set nat acceleration to Auto but after applying setting it turns back to disable. What other settings may be incompatible with nat acceleration?

Tools -> Sysinfo will tell you what causes NAT acceleration to be disabled.

No, I don't have that set in my custom config. All I have in there, in addition to the "route" line is:

persist-key
persist-tun
disable-occ

Maybe one of those has the same side-effect? Those settings were mentioned in a howto for setting up openvpn with Merlin for PIA. The problem is definitely caused by those routes being left in place when the client in shut down though.

However, the problem also went away for me, just by removing the "route" line and not changing anything else - not having the "route" line in there also doesn't clear those routes, but the checking for stray routes isn't done in that case, and the status of the client shows as connected.

Last edited:
Even after removing those 3 options and leaving just the "route" line in the custom config, the problem still persists. No problem on reboot, but if you "apply" config and openvpn is reloaded the stale routes are left behind and this error state occurs.

No, I don't have that set in my custom config. All I have in there, in addition to the "route" line is:

persist-key
persist-tun
disable-occ

Maybe one of those has the same side-effect?

Can you show us your "route" line in custom config?

Tools -> Sysinfo will tell you what causes NAT acceleration to be disabled.
Thanks for the info.

Is it possible for you to add this information below the line where acceleration can be set to auto or disabled in a future release? I think that would prevent similar doubts.

Thanks for your great work.

Even after removing those 3 options and leaving just the "route" line in the custom config, the problem still persists. No problem on reboot, but if you "apply" config and openvpn is reloaded the stale routes are left behind and this error state occurs.
That's interesting. You said you saw the syslog conflict entries even on my fork. I can't recreate the problem unless I include the 'explicit-exit-notify'. Without it, everything works as expected and no errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!