What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.64_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed some GUI bugs a while ago but was too busy to report them and thought that someone would have by now but it looks like no ones has. I can't remember how many releases back but it did display properly before, and nothing changed my my end but updated the routers fw.

The <not found> is the RE450. and for 2.4G channel it did display 2+4, these two things are and have been broke for sometime!

2l = "2 Lower channel", which is how Broadcom identifies 2 + 4. There's no bug there, this is normal.

The "not found" means that this device isn't present in the DHCP lease list, only on the arp list, so the router is unable to determine it's hostname. Therefore it says "not found", which is intended. This usually happens if the device has a static IP rather than rely on DHCP.

2l = "2 Lower channel", which is how Broadcom identifies 2 + 4. There's no bug there, this is normal.

The "not found" means that this device isn't present in the DHCP lease list, only on the arp list, so the router is unable to determine it's hostname. Therefore it says "not found", which is intended. This usually happens if the device has a static IP rather than rely on DHCP.

Thanks for the explanation all my devices have a static ip so I see this "not found" also.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 429
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 630
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 625
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 586
Last edited by a moderator:

I have every device using dhcp see screenshots on my other post. On an older fw version it did show the name, now after upgrading it's gone?

on another note; as per my wireless setting what do you guys think looking at the other wireless networks i have around me?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 392
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 459
No, it's more complicated than this, because Asus has various customizations on top of Busybox. Also, newer versions of Busybox break various scripts Asus uses to install Download Master, you have to do some changes to the awk applet code.

Look at the whole list of patches involved in upgrading to 1.25.1:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/pull/1146
I remember doing
that allowed busybox to be built. I suppose some things didn't work in my firmware, because I didn't fix other things mentioned in this list. However, I noticed no suspicious behavior in the firmware basic operations. ^_^ Porting lighttpd or vsftpd was much more difficult, for example ^_^

@RMerlin

Can you please start naming the sha files with .sha file ending instead of .txt? I belive many people like me has a association with a sha checker for that file ending :) love your work with the firmware..

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

@RMerlin

Can you please start naming the sha files with .sha file ending instead of .txt? I belive many people like me has a association with a sha checker for that file ending :) love your work with the firmware..

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

Shouldn't be a problem, however it's the first time I see .sha as being a valid extension. I had only seen .md5 in the past.

Google Chrome won't exit my N68U with the x4 FW. Locks up Chrome every time.

Look at your installed extensions. I do all my development using Chrome, no problem at all logging in or out (which I do a lot, as you can imagine).

Hi, everything is working perfect with the router, but if i enable the "Reboot Scheduler" option, my RT-AC68U hangs (at the time set to reboot) and does not allow connections, i have to disconnect the power and reconnect it so i can have wifi again. Please help me, what can i do?

i tried updating my asus ac88u from 380.63.2 , it still says 380.63.2 after the upgrade . did it twice . i compared firmware fc/b with both sourceforge and mediafire versions , both identical

Those errors are 'normal'.....the openvpn driver is attempting to delete routes that were already taken care of being deleted by the vpnrouting.sh that supports policy mode.
OK, I narrowed the problem down... somehow the behavior on your fork must be a bit different still, as I had an openvpn-event script that was _also_ mangling the routing table (in addition to the "route " command in the custom config)... and of course once it had run once, it's damage was done, until a reboot would clear it out. But the same script never caused problems until I switched to this FW.

Adding a check to make the script _only_ run fully when run as a "route-up" script_type, rather than other events has cleared the problem.

Sorry for the noise/confusion.

Adding a check to make the script _only_ run fully when run as a "route-up" script_type, rather than other events has cleared the problem.
Nice debug work....and a duh, head slap for me for not thinking of it sooner! Especially since I was working with someone else on that same management.

If anyone is interested, I posted a copy of my openvpn-event script that can manage scripts for each VPN instance/event in my fork thread.
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/fo...leases-v20e9-v22b6.18914/page-240#post-294825

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!