What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.64_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that the Wireless Log for 380.64 on a router being used in AP-only mode does not show the hostnames under the IP addresses like the router mode does. It just says "<unknown>".

Since 63 I've had issues with wan drops. And my network map doesn't show any wireless clients in 2 4 or 5gig. Suggestions. 87u.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

If the issue is just the images, then something else is at play. If you have any plugin installed on both browsers (like an ad blocker), make sure it's not what's causing the files to fail to load.

Also try to flush your browser cache to see what happens.
UBlock Origin seems to be interfering with loading/opening the router UI; disabling it fixes the problem for me.

I've noticed that the Wireless Log for 380.64 on a router being used in AP-only mode does not show the hostnames under the IP addresses like the router mode does. It just says "<unknown>".

That's normal. Dnsmasq doesn't run in AP mode, so the device has no idea what the hostnames are.

UBlock Origin seems to be interfering with loading/opening the router UI; disabling it fixes the problem for me.

Must be one of your rulesets, it doesn't cause any issue here.

Apparently no one cares, but Dual WAN is definitively broken on this firmware, at least on RT-AC68U.

I'd like to know if there are any plans on fixing it or if I should move on to another firmware.

Apparently no one cares, but Dual WAN is definitively broken on this firmware, at least on RT-AC68U.

I'd like to know if there are any plans on fixing it or if I should move on to another firmware.

Dual-WAN in a failover mode or load balancing? What exactly does not work? I am running dual-WAN in failover mode and it seems to be working.

Dual WAN in Load Balancing mode. No device gets Internet connection, even though the router does.

A similar problem used to happen in old firmware versions (both Asus and RMerlin), only in Load Balancing mode and only when both providers were connected. It was related with port forwarding or port trigger (don't remeber exactly). Disabling one of these features would make things work. Later, Asus fixed it and it started working just fine.

In this version I couldn't find any function triggering the problem. I tried clearing settings twice. Then I would start configuring it and it was working until at some point the devices lose access. At this point, no matter which options I turn back to default (including port forwarding and port triggering), it still does not work again. Going back to the previous version fix the problem.

I don't know if it is related, but when the problem happens the interface becomes really slow in Chrome (but not in Firefox).

That's normal. Dnsmasq doesn't run in AP mode, so the device has no idea what the hostnames are.

I was always wondering why DNSmasq is not running in AP mode. Any specific reason? Occasionally I need to know which devices are connected on the AP, have to write down MAC adress (since IPadress is also unknown) and take a look at the main router.
Not a big issue, just wondering.

Tiny bug in 380.64 on AC68U:

Network Map -> View Clients -> Sort by Access time ... low 3-digit hours beaten by high 2-digit hours, f.ex. 195 hours is sorted as less than 65 hours.

upload_2016-12-27_13-34-47.png

Must be one of your rulesets, it doesn't cause any issue here.
uBlock Origin dont block router page by defualt it never has atlest it never has for me
Well for what it is worth, before I disabled it, it would often get stuck at loading the page with most of the pictures missing... clicking mostly still worked. I don't have any special config set up:
upload_2016-12-27_14-36-24.png
In regional I have SVN -slovenian ticked as well.

Dear Merlin,

Thank you very much indeed for your continuous efforts to keep this project alive. During last year I was far away from home working on temporary contract. So I conservatively decided to froze any updates to my RT-N66U as the router's 24/7 availability and OpenVPN Server running on it was critical for the remote management of all home devices as my wife has absolutely no experience and knowledge to do so. Now am back at home and ready to do large maintenance and updates of all IT infrastructure including the router.

So, I will appreciate your advice regarding update from 378.52 to 380.64. Does any special issues exist I should consider? I have read somewhere in this forum that this update is not possible directly from 378.52 and I should first update to any 380 version before .64. Is it true? I am running this router with your firmware since March 2013 starting with version 270.25, so I am experienced in updates. But my experience also shows that large "version jumps" may face some problems. That is the reason I am seeking your advice.

Thank you again for your excellent firmware, which worked without any single failure during the whole year I have been away from home!

P.S. I am also running some Entware torrent software. The Entware is installed on the internal memory card. So information about any Entware related issues and custom scripts, if exists, will be appreciated.

Last edited:
I was always wondering why DNSmasq is not running in AP mode. Any specific reason?

Because there's no reason for it to run outside of router mode. An AP doesn't offer any DNS resolver or DHCP services.

I have read somewhere in this forum that this update is not possible directly from 378.52 and I should first update to any 380 version before .64. Is it true?

That's only the case for the RT-AC56U and RT-AC68U, as they had their firmware partition upgraded to 64 MB. The RT-N66U didn't go through that process, so you can directly go with 380.64.

You are jumping a lot of versions however, and I suspect at least some of these might include low-level changes that will require a factory default reset + manual reconfiguration.

P.S. I am also running some Entware torrent software. The Entware is installed on the internal memory card. So information about any Entware related issues and custom scripts, if exists, will be appreciated.

Can't help you with that, sorry. I know Entware switched to a new repository during that period, but I don't know what's involved in migrating from the old to the newer repo.

That's only the case for the RT-AC56U and RT-AC68U, as they had their firmware partition upgraded to 64 MB. The RT-N66U didn't go through that process, so you can directly go with 380.64.

You are jumping a lot of versions however, and I suspect at least some of these might include low-level changes that will require a factory default reset + manual reconfiguration.

Can't help you with that, sorry. I know Entware switched to a new repository during that period, but I don't know what's involved in migrating from the old to the newer repo.

Thank you Merlin! I'll take care this week.

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.64 is now available for all supported models.

EDIT: temporarily removed the RT-N66U and RT-AC66U builds due to broken curl build. I'll upload fixed versions later tonight.

EDIT2: Fixed builds have been uploaded for these two models that previously had broken curl builds.

The main change of this release is the addition of a scheduled check for the availability of a new firmware (in part similar to what Asus has for the stock firmware).

The highlights of this release:

• New firmware availability notification. When a new firmware is available for download, there will be a flashing icon at the top of the webui. Going to the Firmware Upgrade page will display a popup containing the changelog, and a button that will take you directly to the download folder for your router model. You must still manually download and flash your firmware - for security reasons, online flashing is not implemented. The automated check is run every two days, and you can also manually launch the check from the Firmware Upgrade page (you can also select to check for the availability of beta firmware versions). Finally, the automated check can be completely disabled, under Tools -> Other Settings (there's also a link to that setting on the Firmware Upgrade page).
  • Component updates for OpenVPN, nano and curl.
  • Tor will now route all TCP ports, not just 80/443.
  • Improvements to the QoS Stats page: automatic refresh, and fixed the number rounding.
  • Improvements to the IPTraffic charts: slices are now sorted, and the consolidated slices will always be the least active clients.
  • Improvements to the webui performance - better cache handling, large static Javascript files are now cached.
  • Download Master installers has been removed from the firmware image for models that still contained them. The latest packages are always downloaded from Asus' servers at DM's install time. This results in smaller firmware images for some models (for instance, the RT-AC88U firmware went from 44 MB to 33 MB)
  • Security enhancements to the webui, to better protect against cross-site attacks (backport from Asus's 4164 GPL)
  • Webui fixes specific to Firefox (popup linked to the App icon at the top now works, JS errors when accessing the client list under certain situations was fixed)
  • Fixes to the .ovpn config file import (crash on invalid key/certs, misconfigured HMAC setting)

As usual, please review the Changelog for the complete list of changes.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

What's next?
theMIROn (software developer who's involved with the WL500G firmware project, among other things) has ported Busybox 1.25.1 to Asuswrt. The code has already been merged into Asuswrt-Merlin and tested for a few days, without any issue. 380.65 will introduce the switch from 1.20.2 to 1.25.1. There will most likely be early test builds available so people can give these a thorough test run. Look for a separate thread announcing the availability of these test builds in the near future (once the 380.64 dust has settled down).

Merlin, downloaded your 380.64 to my asus ac1900 router works great, however qos download and upload are reversed, download in upload slot and upload in download slot

Tiny bug in 380.64 on AC68U:

Network Map -> View Clients -> Sort by Access time ... low 3-digit hours beaten by high 2-digit hours, f.ex. 195 hours is sorted as less than 65 hours.

It's a bug in Asus's code, as they are sorting it as a string rather than a number. Should be addressed by this commit.

Sorry to find a bug, but the MAC for my Google Pixel is being detected as an Apple device (Apple iPhone), which gave me a scare. Not to mention the disgust at being associated with that company. :)

MAC first portion (vendor). Please add this into whatever db you use for MAC identification.
I don't know exactly what wifi chip it is, but the phone is the Google Pixel. iFixit has this pic - https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/mY52HX3BuXSFBWmQ.huge and it says the chip is "3207RA G707A"

AC:37:43

UPDATE:
Turns out this is an HTC registered MAC. from https://regauth.standards.ieee.org/standards-ra-web/pub/view.html#registries

Registry,Assignment,Organization Name,Organization Address
MA-L,AC3743,HTC Corporation,"No. 23, Xinghua Rd., Taoyuan City Taoyuan County Taiwan TW 330 "

Last edited:
Merlin, downloaded your 380.64 to my asus ac1900 router works great, however qos download and upload are reversed, download in upload slot and upload in download slot

Yah I am think Bandwidth Limiter might be Reversing UP/DOWN which would explain why some client I set to 3D/1.5U were doing 1.5D/3U

Wired Connections seem to respect it I will check Wifi for 2g and 5g Tommorow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!