What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.64_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlin I have noticed a problem in the firmware 380.64_1 and 380.64_2 on my Asus router AC3200.
In both firmware versions it is not possible to connect from within my own network to devices in the same network using the external IP adres of my router and the forwarded port in my router. When I try to connect when I am not connected to my own Lan the forwarding goes well.
Before version 380.64-1 it worked fine.

If I understand correctly, you're trying to access a local device within your LAN via your external IP address of the router? If so, why? Is there a reason you're not accessing your device via it's local IP address?. I have an enterprise firewall and behaves the same that it won't allow you from accessing a local device via it's NAT external IP address. That's IP spoofing.

I use https over 8443 for local administration and just upgraded my AC66U from 380.63_2 to 380.64_1.

After the successful upgrade and reboot (from ssh), a new https-cert was created (valid from just then and 10 years forward), so I had to export the cert chain and put it on in trust list in Chrome. That is all expected behaviour.

But after a few changes in the DDNS section I rebooted the router from the webui button. Afterwards the cert was not recognized anymore. It turned out, the https cert served from the router was an old one valid from August 1 2015. Since, to my knowledge, a new cert is generated upon every firmware upgrade, this seems like a bug.

Anyone experiencing the same?

After upgrading to 380.64_2 the same thing happened, just was the certificate valid from 2015 to 2025. I have noticed now, that on every single reboot from the webui, a new certificate is generated. It is in every case valid between 2015 and 2025. I think this is not intended, as a certificate should be generated with a recent validity, but also should survive a reboot.

Since I only manage my router from LAN I will switch back to non-https. But that is not favourable, should one wish or need access from WAN.

Maybe a rounding error. In any case, the Traffic Analyzer is entirely Asus's code, and I don't want to touch it because it's too complex, and uncommented.
I thought of that, but it's not. It's most likely the labels on the graph are in KB and the data is in KiB. Sort of like the Mars Climate Orbiter, but without the possibility of crashing.
How about the default DST settings, is that something you can fix or ASUS? Since 2007 it's been the first Sunday of November in both the US and Canada. It used to be the last Sunday of October, but I don't think it's ever been the 2nd Sunday in October.
Traffic Statistics Upload.png DST Settings.png

If I understand correctly, you're trying to access a local device within your LAN via your external IP address of the router? If so, why? Is there a reason you're not accessing your device via it's local IP address?. I have an enterprise firewall and behaves the same that it won't allow you from accessing a local device via it's NAT external IP address. That's IP spoofing.

I have an app in my iPhone where I monitor my ipcams. It's configured with the external ipadresses because I want to use the app from within my LAN but also when I am not at home.
It has always functioned fine but since the last firmware it doesn't.

With the original firmware from ASUS it also works fine.

I have an app in my iPhone where I monitor my ipcams. It's configured with the external ipadresses because I want to use the app from within my LAN but also when I am not at home.

There's Merlin vs asus loopback, try switching

I thought of that, but it's not. It's most likely the labels on the graph are in KB and the data is in KiB. Sort of like the Mars Climate Orbiter, but without the possibility of crashing.
How about the default DST settings, is that something you can fix or ASUS? Since 2007 it's been the first Sunday of November in both the US and Canada. It used to be the last Sunday of October, but I don't think it's ever been the 2nd Sunday in October.
View attachment 8210 View attachment 8211
There's Merlin vs asus loopback, try switching

I will try this. Usually nothing changes when I do a firmware update.

Disable the connected device setting in Chrome://flags might resolve this.
chrome://flags/#device-discovery-notification

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
changed it from default to disabled, no change in behavior.
cleared chromes cache, disabled all addons, rebooted router, restated pc, still high cpu usage of ~25-30% by chrome when on the network map page only, other pages on router gui the chrome cpu usage drops down to normal,
but if i remove or eject the usb flash drive everything return to normal.
only on chrome, firefox has no issues

Finally updated my AC3200 from 380.60_Beta (I know, couldn't be bothered to keep up to date before now, plus it was stable for my setup). Had to flash 380.61 to get 380.64_1 to take. With that, now I have a flashing alert that says my NVRAM usage is high. I checked and it's 65544 / 65536 bytes ... which confuses me. I've factory reset and redid the setup from scratch manually.

So two questions:
  1. What is up with my router now and how to fix it (btw, it's performing fine. Speeds are normal and my 20 connected devices are humming along with no issues)?
  2. Is there a way to have the router just do DHCP for wireless clients and allow my RasPi's handle the DHCP for wired devices and simply use the router as a gateway to the net?
Thank you to anyone who can assist!

Figured it out.

Not sure why the NVRAM was filling up, but I flashed stock, reset to factory, then flash 380.64_2 and the router's happy again. As for DHCP, I just handed that off to my rPis to deal with it.

changed it from default to disabled, no change in behavior.
cleared chromes cache, disabled all addons, rebooted router, restated pc, still high cpu usage of ~25-30% by chrome when on the network map page only, other pages on router gui the chrome cpu usage drops down to normal,
but if i remove or eject the usb flash drive everything return to normal.
only on chrome, firefox has no issues
well i reformatted the usb thumb drive and chrome seems to like it better, why? idk, i wasnt having issues using it while plugged into router, weird

I also have IPCam and app. I simply have two profiles one for internal IP access and external outside my home. For external I use high ports and firewall translates back to the internal IP and port.

I also have IPCam and app. I simply have two profiles one for internal IP access and external outside my home. For external I use high ports and firewall translates back to the internal IP and port.

You don't have to do that, I use ddns and loopback, works great

This has been discussed here before, it is a Safari problem .
But it happened after firmware upgrade, not after safari upgrade. Everything was fine before that.

Besides I have checked now it with web validator (using firefox) and there a lot of warnings and one error (using HTML Tidy)
Result: 1 error / 171 warnings
line 3 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected <html>
line 7 column 1 - Warning: <meta> element not empty or not closed
line 8 column 1 - Warning: <meta> element not empty or not closed
line 9 column 1 - Warning: <link> element not empty or not closed
line 10 column 1 - Warning: <link> element not empty or not closed
line 13 column 1 - Warning: <link> element not empty or not closed
line 14 column 1 - Warning: <link> element not empty or not closed
line 15 column 1 - Warning: <link> element not empty or not closed
line 16 column 1 - Warning: <link> element not empty or not closed

Using SGM Parser:
line 3 column 13 - Error: "xmlns:v" is not a member of a group specified for any attribute
line 3 column 13 - Error: document type does not allow element "html" here
line 7 column 17 - Error: there is no attribute "HTTP-EQUIV"
line 7 column 34 - Error: there is no attribute "CONTENT"
line 7 column 44 - Error: required attribute "content" not specified
line 7 column 45 - Error: end tag for "meta" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
line 7 - Info: start tag was here
line 8 column 39 - Error: required attribute "content" not specified

So, it is webui problem, not Safari problem

There is a problem with DualWan
Since build 380.59 if second WAN configured as static than after reboot second WAN started as disconnected. And all setting in dual wan for 2nd WAN interface are 0.0.0.0.
If it configured as dynamic - all is ok.
It was router RT-N16 before. But now for RT-AC66U I see the same error on 380.64 and 380.65 builds.
How can it be fixed?

Last edited:
Updated my RT-AC1900P from 380.64 to 64_2 All works fine.

Hello,

I updated tofay to the latest Firmware. I have an ASUS RT-N66U. Since the Update i can only some devices online in the AICloud. But i have several other devices which are online.
The Bad thing is that i can't do a WOL on a device which is really offline since I can't see it.
How can I fix that?

Greetings Andy

The download link on page 1 does not open at all for me. I found the build by searching and finding it in Soundforge. The link to the lostream site also does not work for me. The Soundforge link for the AC66U opens a zip for the AC68U and the 364-2 firmware. Just checking first, can the AC68U firmware be used on the AC66U?
Thanks

Fixed builds have been re-uploaded for the RT-AC66U and RT-N66U.

First of all, thank you very much for your had work , Merlin! Amazing job on the routers.
Second is an issue. I have been having the same issue on the official Asus builds also, that's why I switched to your firmware in the first place. I have a GIGABIT WAN connection on the router. Every now and again, the connection is limited to 100mbps. The only way to solve this and have higher speeds if to reboot the router. I am testing on LAN, not WiFI.
Did anybody else faced the same issue or is this a know issue?
Thanks again for your work and hope you can help me out,
Darius.

Just checking first, can the AC68U firmware be used on the AC66U?

ONLY if you have an RT-AC66U_B1. The non-B1 revision will only work with the RT-AC66U firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!