What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anyone having problems with the 5ghz wifi? Mine would be unresponsive after a day or 2 and I have to reboot the router for the 5ghz to work again as it would take a long time to load a webpage. When this happens I can switch over to the 2.4ghz band and the web page would load right away. I'm getting very good signal as I'm only a few feet away from my router in the next room. I tried setting the 5hgz on auto channel as well as choosing a channel like 60/153 but same results.

Using:
Merlin 380.65
RT-AC87U
did factory reset and setup manually

Despite popular belief, this does NOT fix the problem. The values are not inverted, you can see for yourself by putting an even lower value in the download field - your upload won't use that lower value.

It's a low-level architectural problem.

I have just tried and put 11 in the upload field and my download is close to 11. When I put 9 in the upload field, the download is close to 9. What I am saying is that the upload and download field are reversed.

Yes, it is true that when I put 0.1 in the download field, the upload is still 0.66.

Last edited:
I have just tried and put 11 in the upload field and my download is close to 11. When I put 9 in the upload field, the download is close to 9. What I am saying is that the upload and download field are reversed.

Yes, it is true that when I put 0.1 in the download field, the upload is still 0.66.
Are you going through a VPN?

Anyone having problems with the 5ghz wifi?
Some time ago I had similar issues after some updates with the 5G WIFI on my AC87U. Looks like the Quad-Antenna part get's confused by the updates... :rolleyes:

I did a factory reset and installed the firmware again on a absolute minimum config - than I used John's User NVRAM Save/Restore Utility to get back my rather complex settings and things worked well. :cool:

I had major problems with latest release.

I would lose connectivity every minute or so. Couldn't ping or to any lookups, couldn't even browse the router page.

I rolled back to 380.65 and all good again.

macOS Sierra and rt-AC3200 380.65_2

This was repeated a lot in console:

default 18:16:38.253609 +1100 com.apple.WebKit.Networking TIC TCP Conn Event [1474:0x7fee23530350]: 3 Err(60)
error 18:16:38.253663 +1100 com.apple.WebKit.Networking TIC TCP Conn Failed [1474:0x7fee23530350]: 1:60 Err(60)
default 18:16:38.253737 +1100 com.apple.WebKit.Networking TIC TCP Conn Cancel [1474:0x7fee23530350]
default 18:16:38.253816 +1100 com.apple.WebKit.Networking TIC TCP Conn Destroyed [1474:0x7fee23530350]
error 18:16:38.254193 +1100 com.apple.WebKit.Networking HTTP load failed (error code: -1001 [1:60])
error 18:16:38.254302 +1100 com.apple.WebKit.Networking NSURLSessionTask finished with error - code: -1001
default 18:16:38.254472 +1100 com.apple.WebKit.Networking 0x110cea400 - NetworkResourceLoader::didFailLoading: (pageID = 111, frameID = 1, resourceID = 319, isTimeout = 1, isCancellation = 0, errCode = -1001)

This was repeated a lot in console:

default 18:16:38.253609 +1100 com.apple.WebKit.Networking TIC TCP Conn Event [1474:0x7fee23530350]: 3 Err(60)
error 18:16:38.253663 +1100 com.apple.WebKit.Networking TIC TCP Conn Failed [1474:0x7fee23530350]: 1:60 Err(60)
default 18:16:38.253737 +1100 com.apple.WebKit.Networking TIC TCP Conn Cancel [1474:0x7fee23530350]
Looks like Safari errors on a Mac - did you try another browser?

Something definitely broken in the new firmware. 30 minutes now without issues. Didn't even have to restart, just roll back the router and purring like a kitten now.

I had major problems with latest release.

I would lose connectivity every minute or so. Couldn't ping or to any lookups, couldn't even browse the router page.

I rolled back to 380.65 and all good again.

I had similar issue in the past after a few upgrades. It works fine after I have reset it to default and applied the setting all over again.

SOunds like Chipped and I have the same issue. Also Quoc I do that even if it's not required.

Some time ago I had similar issues after some updates with the 5G WIFI on my AC87U. Looks like the Quad-Antenna part get's confused by the updates... :rolleyes:

I did a factory reset and installed the firmware again on a absolute minimum config - than I used John's User NVRAM Save/Restore Utility to get back my rather complex settings and things worked well. :cool:
I did do a factory reset and did the 30-30-30 steps. I setup everything from scratch manually and my setup is very minimal as the only complex thing I have is port forwarding other than that everything is default.

I did do a factory reset and did the 30-30-30 steps. I setup everything from scratch manually and my setup is very minimal as the only complex thing I have is port forwarding other than that everything is default.

30-30-30 .............. does not apply on ASUSWRT.

You missed the word 'again' in my comment - I need to to it twice AND the factory reset was before the 2nd attempt - with absolute minimum config (not even changing default open WIFI settings)! :oops:

I'm having problems with the firmware download. The Link on page 1 does not connect to the download site. Is there a problem with the download link/site?

A full reset was the first thing I tried following the upgrade -- it was a no go in terms of making any difference.

I will check 63 and 64 over the weekend, but after perusing the forum a bit more, I have found two other threads with regards to SIP Passthrough/WiFi Calling/etc. problems that seem to be describing the exact same problem I am seeing. It looks like the issue started sometime around Nov/Dec 2016 and, based on comments in one thread, it sounds like the problem first showed up in the original Asus firmwares. In other words, it sounds like there is an issue in the newer Asus code bases rather than it being anything Merlin specific.

Just want to point out - I have precisely the same issue.

63/64/65 SIP / Wifi calling does not function well. 62_1 seems fine.

You missed the word 'again' in my comment - I need to to it twice AND the factory reset was before the 2nd attempt - with absolute minimum config (not even changing default open WIFI settings)! :oops:
Agreed. When I use the WPS button to clear the NVRAM I do it twice. Once the power LED begin pulsate rapidly I continue to hold the WPS button for 5 seconds each time.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!