What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Updated AC87U and RT-N66U to 380.65 - no issues to report. Thanks RMerlin!

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 is now available for all supported models.

One potential new issue seem to be specific to MIPS models (RT-N66U/RT-AC66U) and their older kernel. Starting with 2.4.0, OpenVPN expects the tun interface to support IPv6. That doesn't seem the case on this older kernel, so VPN servers that push back an ifconfig-ipv6 or route-ipv6 parameters might fail to connect. I haven't been able to test it myself (as I don't have a tunnel provider account), but I'd suggest trying to add these to your custom configuration if your client fail to connect with thhe system log reporting a failure on an "ip -6" command:

Code:
pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"
pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"

This is another sign that it might be time to retire these older models...

I had the same issue with ASUS RT-AC56U.
I have tested right now and it's work fine with the custom config.

I had the same issue with ASUS RT-AC56U.
I have tested right now and it's work fine with the custom config.

Which provider are you using?

I thought the issue was limited to MIPS, because I was able to generate an error message trying to attach an IPv6 to the tun interface of my RT-AC66U, but it worked fine on my RT-AC88U.

The RT-N66U and RT-AC66U are still really capable models. I was mostly referring to how they might become more difficult to support in the future as the rest of the world starts to write code targeting newer kernel versions, with no testing being done against 2.6.22.19.

Updated from beta 4 to stable 5 on my 88U. It seems to be running fine. The only issue I'm seeing is with the GUI. When I look at the device map, while it shows the speed of the connection, it no longer shows the strength of the connection. They are all black. I've always had my doubts about how reliable the strength indicators were, but thought I would mention it. I'm also noticing that the screen where I put in my id and password to enter the GUI now has a black background. It looks pretty cool, but I seem to recall that it was different in the past.

I have RT-N66R, and it failed to update from 380.64_2. (I don't expect it to be related to the issue mentioned.)
I tried twice. Both times it was upgrading, not giving any errors or messages, but when it booted up, I could see the old version remaining (as seen everywhere, including the system log).
Any suggestions?

PS.
Please, do not stop your efforts for the *66*. It would be a waste to throw away this still capable router.
I have upgraded an N66U wirhout issues at all. Ensure you don't have a USB plugged and reboot the device prior to flash it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good evening ! I have a asus u 88 installing firmware version 380.65 speed dropped to 500 megabits from 380.65 beta3 it reached 870 megabits! very sorry that the router can not again develop fully all the speed

For my AC88U, I can see the temperature in 380.65 beta, but it is displayed as 'disabled' again in the official release.
I guess it is because only parts of Asus GPL 380_4180 is merged?

Updated on an 87U and did a factory reset and cleared browser cache, everything seems to work fine :) Thanks for another great release.

Works for me, on all three computers where Chrome was updated to the latest version.
Obviously, it doesn't work for everyone. If I go full-screen and zoom in and out through the presets that bar shift occurs at 25%, 75%, 90%, 125%, and 175%. But not at other presets. Was discussed in the 380.65 beta thread. Doesn't bother me as I run at 100%. Any thoughts on the cause?

Could have simply been that your PPPoE session wasn't correctly closed the first time, in part due to the router failing to complete its shutdown and reboot cycle. Some ISPs will reject establishing a PPPoE session if the previous one is still thought to be active. The delay involved in reflashing with an older version gave it enough time to close the previous session.

Could be the smart 505 are fantastically stable modems but they certainly not the fastest when it comes to grabbing the connection.
Seems to otherwise now be going along without a hitch.

Maybe a minor note to unplug ppoe related connections should be added to avoid this happening.

Impressive work as always :)

Obviously, it doesn't work for everyone. If I go full-screen and zoom in and out through the presets that bar shift occurs at 25%, 75%, 90%, 125%, and 175%. But not at other presets. Was discussed in the 380.65 beta thread. Doesn't bother me as I run at 100%. Any thoughts on the cause?

See this post.

Could be the smart 505 are fantastically stable modems but they certainly not the fastest when it comes to grabbing the connection.

That thing takes forever to boot and to sync, it's ridiculous. Anyway, I was referring to the PPPoE session timeout on the ISP's side.

Hello,
I just upgraded from 380.64_2 to 380.65 and I am having a problem connecting to my VPN provider Torguard, I am not sure what I need to change to connect?
Thanks For your help.
Paul

65 Working good on my 3100 although im only using it as a access point.

Hello,
I just upgraded from 380.64_2 to 380.65 and I am having a problem connecting to my VPN provider Torguard, I am not sure what I need to change to connect?
Thanks For your help.
Paul
Shouldn't need to change anything, worked fine here. Any error messages in the system log?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!