What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wanted to chime in on embedded miniDLNA since there have been a few posts on the subject.

I find the embedded miniDLNA is better on 380.65 than the previous firmware versions. What I find better is the server broadcasting. On previous firmware versions my clients, 2 Panasonic BluRays & a Samsung SmartTV, at various times would have to wait up to 5 minutes before the server was detected. This was random, the server would always get detected, but waiting for the server to get detected was a more often than not occurrence. On 380.65 I have not waited for the server to be detected yet, it has been immediately available.

I have uploaded several movies on 380.65, I upload 4.3GB .m2ts files. My server does not go down or disappear. The movie I uploaded is immediately available.

For me embedded miniDLNA has improved on 380.65, best it has been of any firmware I have used.
Thank you Merlin!

My router is a RT-AC68U

Last edited:
I had the same issue with the DLNA server never reliably showing up on my clients, I fixed this by enabling the IGMP proxy setting under LAN -> IPTV.

Since I enabled these settings the DLNA server shows up every time on all clients.

I thought my network was faulty but this was my fix.

I've been using this version now for several days on the 88U router with a mixed environment of PC's, iphones, ipads, and streaming devices (Fire, Oppo, Vizio). Everything has been solid. No glitches in uptime or anything else since this build.

Hmm that is very strange, because whenever I upload avi or JPG, MediaSever get stucked. Is there any additional loggign which I could turn on??/- because syslog is clear.
Have you checked your minidlna.log? I don't know your setup, but with mine the minidlna.log can be found in hidden .minidlna directory of attached flash drive.

minidlna.conf file shows you the database directory.

I have deleted all the related DLNA files from USB disc, recreated DB.

After I upload new media file (avi, jpg) I can see this in minidlna.log:
[2017/02/12 18:37:14] upnphttp.c:1186: warn: HTTP Connection closed unexpectedly

I had the same issue with the DLNA server never reliably showing up on my clients, I fixed this by enabling the IGMP proxy setting under LAN -> IPTV.

Since I enabled these settings the DLNA server shows up every time on all clients.
Was hoping this would resolve my issue with the DLNA server not working, but no luck.... Do you have "WAN > Dual WAN" enabled ? I don't, or didn't, but just toggled it on. Still no luck (reset both settings to their previous settings now).

Hope this isn't a known issue, but my RT-AC3200 just lost all of my Port Forwarding. Note that free NVRAM is low ... but it's been low since I updated software to 380.65 last weekend and no other errors have occurred. Checked the log and there were no entries at all around the time it happened.

low NVRAM can cause many different problems at any time.
So how do I lower NVRAM usage? Which services are the biggest memory hogs? I do have a large list under Manually Assigned IP and have QoS Apps Analysis turned on, but most other services aren't in use. Suggestions are welcome.

So how do I lower NVRAM usage? Which services are the biggest memory hogs? I do have a large list under Manually Assigned IP and have QoS Apps Analysis turned on, but most other services aren't in use. Suggestions are welcome.
The AC3200 is particularly NVRAM challenged because when then added the 3rd radio they didn't expand the nvram space (the 3rd radio takes up 6-7K of space). Best advice I have is in this post. Note that if you need to clean out the 'clientlist' vars, you may lose any custom name/icon configurations you have made.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-380-59-ac68u-port-fwd-apply-fail.33895/#post-273422

DLNA is broken after upload through Samba on RT-AC66U (380.65)

There are probably more users with MediaServer issues the same as I have , see here.

(specially here :
Server is running, I can reach video on it with BubbleUPnP on my phone.
I copy 1 more video to the usb with Samba, then the server is not available after, it does not shown in my BubbleUPnP anymore...

)

I had to downgrade to 380.64_2 - everything is working like a charm ;)

The AC3200 is particularly NVRAM challenged because when then added the 3rd radio they didn't expand the nvram space (the 3rd radio takes up 6-7K of space). Best advice I have is in this post. Note that if you need to clean out the 'clientlist' vars, you may lose any custom name/icon configurations you have made.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-380-59-ac68u-port-fwd-apply-fail.33895/#post-273422

Thank you. Clearing out multiple Static DHCP addresses tripled my available NVRAM.

Today i tried upgrade from 380.64_2 to 380.65. Unfortunately my router wasn't able correctly start(I saw only simple page where were buttons for upload firmware, reset NVRAM to default and reboot ) and I had to use factory reset.
I have: RT-AC87U

Now I'm back on version 380.64_2
Do you have a USB key connected while doing the firmware upgrade? If so, remove it, reboot, update the firmware, reboot and then insert the USB key again. If you're running Entware one more reboot might be necessary.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!