What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Save your settings then do a factory reset and test it right after without making any changes.
always do that and always do a clean new config after UL/DL test. Same result.

Have you double checked the provision rate in your modem to verify your authorized speeds?
Yes.

Under the Tools tab, network section, what the line hw acceleration says?
-Disabled?If so, you are supposed to see what is disabling the nat/hw acc (ip traffic monitoring for example)
-Enabled CTF ?
-Enabled CTF + FA?
If I were you, I would start with Factory reset and a vanilla config (dont import save settings), reboot.
After that by reconfiguring the router, just check what can deactivate the nat, one by one
HW acceleration, Enabled (CTF only)

I also save gigabit Ethernet and I have erratic performance/speeds when CTF+FA are active...I've found the issue is Flow Acceleration (FA) so I've turned on Traffic Statistics then rebooted. Now I only have Cut Thru Forwarding (CTF) and I get my true 900 down. Give it a try.

After turning traffic statistics be sure to reboot the router. Then test speeds
don't have FA as a option at all on switch control. Only have CTF on NAT Acceleration enable.
Tried enableing trafic analyser on/off and still same result.
QoS same.

thank you all for giving me feedback and asking me questions, appriciate it!

The build 380.65.4 is always broken with Ac87u

It does not allow you to choose the channel of WiFi 5Ghz

in the list is only the channel 0

You can not do anything?

I already did a reset

The build 380.65.4 is always broken with Ac87u

It does not allow you to choose the channel of WiFi 5Ghz

in the list is only the channel 0
I had this effect some time ago on my AC87U. The solution was as strange as the effect:
First I did a factory reset and only entered the login data (no config at all).
Then I re-flashed the same firmware and did another factory reset.

After this (strange) procedure it worked again like a charm! :cool:
By the way: do not restore your old config - re-enter all the setup fresh.

I had this effect some time ago on my AC87U. The solution was as strange as the effect:
First I did a factory reset and only entered the login data (no config at all).
Then I re-flashed the same firmware and did another factory reset.

After this (strange) procedure it worked again like a charm! :cool:
By the way: do not restore your old config - re-enter all the setup fresh.

I try ;)

380.66 alpha 2, has the same problem ??

Last edited:
What do you mean by "dropping"? Are you checking from the client's side, or from the router itself? Check the Wireless Log page to see if anything changed, such as the router moving to a different channel due to interference - it might be moving to a DFS channel that your clients might not support. Also make sure you turn off Airtime Fairness and MU-MIMO, as these are known to be unreliable.

What I meant was the 5G radio completely shut off. It was not giving out any SSID that could be scanned. Neither router. But both 2.4 signals remained. I couldn't even access either router via a wired device after the 5G radio stopped either. It would completely lagg/freeze up.

I would have to power cycle the routers to be able to access them.

I turned off Airtime fairness and all the radios on the AC5300 now. So I am using only the AC3100 with no airtime fairness. And I of course turned off the Roaming Assistant since its down to 1 AP.

Will let you know if I see the problem again. Maybe its only when I am running 2 of them as roaming AP's?

RT-AC3200: make sure that wifi and Ethernet remains stable, unlike with 380.65_2 (so I especially need feedback from people who DID have problems with 380.65_2, as I'm unable to reproduce it so far)

380.65_4 is working very well for my RT-AC3200. Absolutely none of the new problems that I was seeing with 380.65_2.

I dont know if this is a bug but I cant see the Temperatures for my router RT-AC5300 Firmware:380.65_4

FIRNQkE.png

I dont know if this is a bug but I cant see the Temperatures for my router RT-AC5300 Firmware:380.65_4

FIRNQkE.png

Make sure Wifi is enabled.

If it is, then it means you have a newer hardware revision using a BCM4366E, which will require a newer GPL to fully support.

Can I flash 380.65_4 over a RT-AC66U router that still has the original firmware?

Second edit: The alpha didn't work well for me immediately dropping the IPv6 connection. First I tried going back to the stock asus 3341 firmware which couldn't manage an IPv6 connection but did immediately configure the 2nd WAN port. Then I tried going back up to 7266 and I couldn't get it work on the 2nd wan or IPv6. I tried Merlin 380.64 0-2 which didn't work well for me so now I'm on 380.65 for the first time. It immediately established an IPv6 connection so we'll just have to see how long it can maintain it.

I also found that my ipv6 connections drop after some time on 380.65_2 and the 66 alpha. They seem to be fine on 380.65 though. I have not tried 380.65_4. I notice that my xbox no longer has ipv6 and if I check the ipv6 tab under system logs it will show no clients connected.

I also found that my ipv6 connections drop after some time on 380.65_2 and the 66 alpha. They seem to be fine on 380.65 though. I have not tried 380.65_4. I notice that my xbox no longer has ipv6 and if I check the ipv6 tab under system system logs it will show no clients connected.
I've had the best results from 380.65_2, however yesterday I swapped out the Ethernet cable between the modem and the router with a cat 6 shielded unit hoping that perhaps the cheap factory cable might have something to do with the problem. Now I wait to see how long I can keep my IPv6 address hoping that it will remain leased without incident.

Last edited:
In theory yes. I'd have to study some of the affected code more in depth to be 100% sure.

Has there been any complains with AC68U that may have been noted. Is there a benefit to upgrade from 65_2 to 65_4 if this is not an affected device?

Last edited:
Has there been any complains with AC68U that may have been noted. Is there a benefit to upgrade from 65_2 to 65_4 if this is not an affected device?

80.65_4 (28-Mar-2017)
- FIXED: Various LAN/WAN issues with the RT-AC3200 due to incorrect GMAC state checks (Asus bug) (patch by john9527)

- FIXED: Some models would sometime randomly fail to start one of their wifi radio, possibly due to a hardware design issue. Partly revert the 380.65 changes that removed the automatic reboot if one radio was disabled at boot time, but reduced the maximum number of reboots to 1.

AC3200 with .65_4 running for 1 1/2 day, everything looks great, no issues. Thanks Merlin!

What would be causing following messages in an error log? Thanks.

Apr 2 07:50:37 miniupnpd[1271]: PCP: Invalid PCP v2 MAP message.

Not that I recall. The two changes mostly affect the RT-AC3200, RT-N66U, RT-AC66U and RT-AC5300.

AC3200 with .65_4 running for 1 1/2 day, everything looks great, no issues. Thanks Merlin!

What would be causing following messages in an error log? Thanks.

You have a client on your network trying to forward a port using PCP, and it's not succeeding at doing it, either due to a compatibility issue with miniupnpd, or a bug in either of them.

I've been running 380.65_4 quite smoothly for awhile after configuring it from a TM-AC1900 router and been very happy about it. However I encountered a random signal drop on 2.4hz channel. Wonder anything I can check to figure out the problem. Many thanks for the good work.

It's been 3 days now and I still have an IPv6 connection to Comcast which is a new record for me and my 88u. I'm glad I thought of signal quality and swapped out the cable between the modem and the router. I'm hoping that the connection remains solid and I will be content to remain on 380.65_2 as it works for me.
Wouldja rule out interference? Da 2.4 band is crowded af nigga.
You might run a Wi-Fi scanner and see who your neighbors are and what channels they are on so you can position yourself in between them to minimize interference.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!