What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you for the extremely expeditious reply.

As an amateur; I did not.

I have not changed any of the settings...

However, I noticed it is enabled in 380.65_4 without the issue. Is there something that has changed?

Please understand, the software is far better than ASUS firmware, as I have been able to have a stable connection to the Receiver for the first time ever.

Asus made some recent changes to that feature, which seems to create compatibility issues. Those changes weren't in 380.65.

Because of the security complains in my browser I have been using self-signed certificates for my router.

How can I try/test these new SSL certificated instead?

Remove your certificates, I assume the firmware should take care of generating new ones after that.

Newish-bie question: I tried to download the 380.66 update for AC1900, but when I clicked on the RT-AC1900 folder the only file I can see is "Use the RT-AC68U firmware.txt". I tried both the mediafire site and the sourceforge mirror.

Where can I find the zip for AC1900? Apolgoies if I miss something trivial.

I thought that file name was quite self-explanatory.

Asus made some recent changes to that feature, which seems to create compatibility issues. Those changes weren't in 380.65.

I saw some of those same symptoms with my RT-AC3200 after initially moving to 380.66. I tried disabling airtime fairness, but (may be coincidence) later more wireless devices were having problems with the network. I reverted back to 380.65_4, verified all was well, and then upgraded to 380.66 again. This time, I had none of those symptoms and have been running strong for several hours.

I did not do a factory reset either time.

All features working great on AC88U. But one question with openvpn, when testing my IPv6 connectivity from http://test-ipv6.com, it tells me my IPv4 address is my VPN address but my IPv6 address is my actual IP. Is that right?

RMerlin, I'd like to thank you for your work on this project. I've been using your firmware for a while and it has always worked very well.

Appreciate the explanation. I will give the update a try with the prescribed disabling of Airtime Fairness and report back results.

What's the difference between the multicast settings under IPTV and the newly disabled `bridge multicast_snooping? Since upgrading to 380.66, Prism TV freezes after a few seconds of playing. I have my 3100 set up per instructions here, with Multicast Routing and IGMP Snooping enabled under IPTV. I'm wondering if this new change has something to do with the Prism TV issue?

Last edited:
All features working great on AC88U. But one question with openvpn, when testing my IPv6 connectivity from http://test-ipv6.com, it tells me my IPv4 address is my VPN address but my IPv6 address is my actual IP. Is that right?

Yes. The OpenVPN implementation only supports IPv4.

What's the difference between the multicast settings under IPTV and the newly disabled `bridge multicast_snooping? Since upgrading to 380.66, Prism TV freezes after a few seconds of playing. I have my 3100 set up per instructions here, with Multicast Routing and IGMP Snooping enabled under IPTV. I'm wondering if this new change has something to do with the Prism TV issue?

Unlikely, but you can always re-enable it under Tools -> Other Settings.

I am having issues using AiCloud on the newest firmware.

On the newest firmware, I can't connect to my AiCloud locally or remotely, on a computer or using the app on my phone. When I revert to the previous firmware, AC66U_380.65_4, it instantly starts working again.

I have fully wiped and reloaded the firmware but I can not get AiCloud working until I revert firmware. My web interface authentication method is set to HTTP and enable web access from WAN is disabled.

I appreciate any assistance.

AiCloud is currently broken on MIPS models such as the RT-AC66U. I need to investigate to track down the cause.

Last night, I lost WAN connectivity on my router with OpenVPN set to All Traffic. I did a reboot and it fixed it. This morning, my OpenVPN speeds were in the kilobit range and internet surfing was very slow. I did a factory reset and restore of gui and jffs partition using @john9527 nvram backup and restore utility and my OpenVPN speeds are some of the best they have been. It has been several releases since I did a factory reset. So, the router was probably over due. The VPN certificates do not get restored using the backup and restore utility. So be prepared to paste it back in after running the restore.

... not a big deal, just to mention that after upgrade to 380.66 (coming from 380.65_2) on my 87U, the wifi scheduler was off for both channels. Nevetheless when I did reactivate them via the web GUI, the day/time settings were still there ....
Rgds,
GS

Last night, I lost WAN connectivity on my router with OpenVPN set to All Traffic. I did a reboot and it fixed it. This morning, my OpenVPN speeds were in the kilobit range and internet surfing was very slow. I did a factory reset and restore of gui and jffs partition using @john9527 nvram backup and restore utility and my OpenVPN speeds are some of the best they have been. It has been several releases since I did a factory reset. So, the router was probably over due. The VPN certificates do not get restored using the backup and restore utility. So be prepared to paste it back in after running the restore.

Also experiencing a drop in the VPN speed to KBs instead of MBs. Did a factory reset and tried two VPN providers but that didn't make a difference. I ran all the Betas as an upgrade and never saw a drop in VPN speed before. This occurred only after doing a full reinstall.

I will revert for 380_65_2 to see if this makes any difference (and report back later).

@thelonelycoder
Suddenly, WPS (only 5 GHz) is active again despite script after the reboot.
Do you see the logger line in the syslog from my script?
If not, then WPS was set to on after the script ran.
Which means it is done later in the boot process.

Before going back to the previous release I did another fresh installation but with reformatting the JFFS partition and this seemed to have had a positive effect for me. The VPN speed is back at the level I was experiencing before.

Good Work Merlin!

Unlucky I couldn't test the beta before and I have to say that the NFS bug is still present.
After a reboot you have to restart the NFS system manually hitting APPLY in the NFS page.

Thank you
ZioLupo

Just updated to 380.66 on the 3100 to see if my OpenVPN connectivity issue is resolved, but noticed the VOIP service is no longer working. Anyone else has VOIP issues or know how to fix this? there is no audio for incoming and outgoing calls.

Unlucky I couldn't test the beta before and I have to say that the NFS bug is still present.

I haven't touched the NFS code in years. I know it's buggy, and it's something I simply don't have the time nor the motivation to look into these days. For instance, it can cause a kernel panic on the older MIPS kernel, and I couldn't track down the cause at the time.

I only leave the feature there because there are a few persons who still use it despite that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!