What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@RMerlin: it seems (to me at least) that auto logout from the WebUI doesn't work anymore in 380.67_0? I left it at the default value of 30 minutes, but it hasn't logged out automatically since I did a fresh install (factory reset > firmware restore mode > uploaded 380.67_0 with Asus rescue2000 tool > Power cycled after going through QIS. I reconfigured everything from scratch, but didn't touch the auto logout settings.

When I grabbed my laptop, which was displaying @kvic's NTPd stats before I closed it several hours ago, I was able to refresh the page without being logged out, while before installing the latest release, I would normally return to the login page when reopening the lid of my laptop. The laptop stays on when the lid is closed, it only disables the screen and locks the current profile.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Yes, in-fact my web interface stops working altogether. I had to revert to previous version.

Yes, in-fact my web interface stops working altogether. I had to revert to previous version.

WebUI works fine for me and many others, it's just the auto logout in my case that doesn't appear to work anymore and I'm not sure whether something has changed in the code that might cause this.

WebUI works fine for me and many others, it's just the auto logout in my case that doesn't appear to work anymore and I'm not sure whether something has changed in the code that might cause this.

It will work for a little while, then it refuses connectivity. Even when I force the HTTPD service to restart.

General Firewall Setting

Logged package types: No/Dropped/Accepted/Both

In the firewall pulldown menu, the setting has no effect; it always jumps back to Dropped, although set to No.

(I use additionally @Adamm's Skynet Firewall script)

In the firewall pulldown menu, the setting has no effect; it always jumps back to Dropped, although set to No.

Skynet forces this setting to dropped (it also allows "both" if set manually) as it changes how IPTables rules are handled. That being said Skynet disables it in another way and only uses debug print if specified during install.

I had a random reboot today. System log shows nothing. I think Asuswrt-Merlin is not for me...

I actually tried all 3 to the same results. Also tried with DOCSIS preset and also the WAN packet overhead set to '0' (but not every combination)... strange, right?
You could try disabling spanning tree protocol under lan, then switch control.

Everything with 380.67 has been working great on the three AC88U routers I support. The only thing I noticed today is that the percent complete goes up to 193 percent when applying changes to the OpenVPN Client Web Gui.

Found another minor thingy: when selecting the preset for Adaptive QoS > QoS > WAN packet overhead, after applying the selected preset, the dropdown menu for the different presets shows 'Select preset' again. Should't this display the selected preset after applying? It does show the numeric value belonging to the preset though.

Edit: please ignore this, was already asked and answered two pages back. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no issues at all with 67-0...on the other hand I had no issues with 66-2-4-6 either. 67 stays....seems a little quicker....
16 different devices connected at the moment...

Everything with 380.67 has been working great on the three AC88U routers I support. The only thing I noticed today is that the percent complete goes up to 193 percent when applying changes to the OpenVPN Client Web Gui.
Same here!

@RMerlin: it seems (to me at least) that auto logout from the WebUI doesn't work anymore in 380.67_0? I left it at the default value of 30 minutes, but it hasn't logged out automatically since I did a fresh install (factory reset > firmware restore mode > uploaded 380.67_0 with Asus rescue2000 tool > Power cycled after going through QIS. I reconfigured everything from scratch, but didn't touch the auto logout settings.

Auto logout working fine here (RT-AC66U)

Coming from 378.56_2 to 380.67_0.
Factory reset, loaded 367_0, factory reset, then reloaded nvram using John's tool.
I left the logout at 10 minutes, which is the value I had before and which was reloaded by the nvram utility.

Last edited:
For me, only my AC68U loads extremely slow on Firefox (hangs at TLS handshaking) but loading on Internet Explorer is fine. My AC66U displays no such problem though.

I fixed that firefox loading problem with deleting the cert8.db file in my firefox profile. But be aware that all manually added certificates are lost!

Auto logout working fine here (RT-AC66U)

Thanks for verifying, I did a fresh install and purposely didn't John's tool to restore this time as I had to replace a USB-drive with a different partition table and wasn't sure whether that would cause problems. I just manually changed it to 10 minutes, which is long enough, and will see what happens.

Found another minor thingy: when selecting the preset for Adaptive QoS > QoS > WAN packet overhead, after applying the selected preset, the dropdown menu for the different presets shows 'Select preset' again. Should't this display the selected preset after applying? It does show the numeric value belonging to the preset though.
No, it works this way. This is just a preset value that you can select for the WAN packet overhead that corresponds to your WAN connection. Merlin mentioned that a few posts back.

Thanks for verifying, I did a fresh install and purposely didn't John's tool to restore this time as I had to replace a USB-drive with a different partition table and wasn't sure whether that would cause problems. I just manually changed it to 10 minutes, which is long enough, and will see what happens.

Well, after changing it manually, it works flawless. Auto logout in 10 minutes as set. Could it be the fresh install?

No, it works this way. This is just a preset value that you can select for the WAN packet overhead that corresponds to your WAN connection. Merlin mentioned that a few posts back.

Ah, I see. Sorry, missed that post. I was way behind on catching up with this thread, as I couldn't find time to install 380.67, so when I found time, I just read the first post and then went right ahead installing the new release. I did search before posting, but probably not hard enough. Thanks for pointing that out to me, @Mutzli.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please test if the latest firmware support a USB hub at the USB3 port now? Older firmware versions didn't recognize the USB hub.
Or does is still only work with the USB2 port?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!