What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for the hard work!! Just a quick question regarding SMBv2. From security perspective, it makes sense to switch to SMBv2 but from performance perspective, especially for these Asus wifi router, is it worth to use SMBv2?

Upgraded from 380.66 without factory reset, so far so good, WEBGUI reacts faster, MU-MIMO is on its final release, happy for now, thanks for the job.

Model: RT-AC88U
I don't keep up with everything as much as I would like, but is MU-MIMO actually functioning? Last I knew there was a pretty severe and (looking like) uncorrectable hardware problem with MU-MIMO on these routers...or at least some of them. Is this on its way to working?

Rmerlin,

What should we put under wan overhead in qos if we are using fiber connection? ATM?

No idea. If in doubt, just leave it to 0.

Thanks for the hard work!! Just a quick question regarding SMBv2. From security perspective, it makes sense to switch to SMBv2 but from performance perspective, especially for these Asus wifi router, is it worth to use SMBv2?

Your call. If performance is what you're after, you should probably be using a NAS instead of a router tho.

Hi,

Any thoughts on the below (AC87u with 380.67 upgraded yesterday from 380.66)? Doesn't change on reboot.

Thanks

AC87u.png

I never did try the 380.66_x versions of firmware, but his one caught my eye with the decreased memory utilization for my Asus 3200 router. So far the upgrade went flawlessly, I ran the NVRAM unused variable cleanup command, and am now sitting with a nice low NVRAM usage of 51729 / 65536 bytes.

So far the GUI is very responsive, NVRAM utilization is low, and wireless devices are working as expected, but I will keep everyone updated with any issues after a few days.

I never did try the 380.66_x versions of firmware, but his one caught my eye with the decreased memory utilization for my Asus 3200 router. So far the upgrade went flawlessly, I ran the NVRAM unused variable cleanup command, and am now sitting with a nice low NVRAM usage of 51729 / 65536 bytes.

So far the GUI is very responsive, NVRAM utilization is low, and wireless devices are working as expected, but I will keep everyone updated with any issues after a few days.

What NVRAM unused variable cleanup command?

What NVRAM unused variable cleanup command?

I was pointed to the following command in this forum post. It has worked wonders for me, but just remember that you need to reissue the command every time after a firmware upgrade.

Code:
for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done; nvram commit

In version 380.67 there is a bug. I use DDNS .asuscomm.com for the
server jabberd. At 380.66 - 380.67 I can not connect to the server from the local network using the host name. At 380.65 no problem.

Last edited:
In version 380.67 there is a bug. I use DDNS .asuscomm.com for the
server jabberd. At 380.66 - 380.67 I can not connect to the server from the local network using the host name. At 380.65 no problem.

Change the NAT Loopback mode, on the Firewall configuration page.

Enable TLS support on ftp. FTPES not function. Something I'm doing wrong? Ftp sptoped in system log.:(

Last edited:
I saw you folks talking about 380.67 and kept hitting the Firmware Version "Check" button and it kept telling me on 380.67_beta4 that "The router's current firmware is the latest version."

@RMerlin BUG, I assume: if you select "Get Beta Firmware", it doesn't tell you that there's is a newer version on the Stable branch. I believe it should check both streams and tell you the true latest version, beta or not, when selected. Thanks!

I saw you folks talking about 380.67 and kept hitting the Firmware Version "Check" button and it kept telling me on 380.67_beta4 that "The router's current firmware is the latest version."

@RMerlin BUG, I assume: if you select "Get Beta Firmware", it doesn't tell you that there's is a newer version on the Stable branch. I believe it should check both streams and tell you the true latest version, beta or not, when selected. Thanks!
RMerlin explains why in post #1 of this thread. ;)
I'm delaying the push to the online update server for a few hours, just in case there's any show-stopper coming up since this has a number of important changes, so it's normal for the update notification not to report anything for a while.

Thanks for this release. Was excited to try out the fq_codel adaptive QoS, but was disappointed that the Trend Micro license agreement popped up when I tried enabling it. Why is that? I thought that was only required for the Asus AiCloud stuff?

Thanks @RMerlin

One small point to be aware of is that after my upgrade from Beta 4 the QOS Queue Discipline reset itself back to sfq from fq_codel. I think I have seen this previously at some point and never made a note of it.

After switching back to fq_codel everything is running great.

Did the very same upgrade a minute ago and upon booting it was still set to fq_codel. Another reboot, and yet, still at fq_codel.

RMerlin explains why in post #1 of this thread. ;)
I'm always late to the game and had wrongly assumed we were past the "few hours" by now :confused:

UPDATE: Well well, I'm trying this on another router and it has the same bug. If I unselect the Get Beta Firmware" it DOES find 380_67 final. When I select it again, it insists that beta4 is the latest and there is nothing newer.

No bug. This is by design. Added in 380.64 Changelog

380.64 (16-Dec-2016)
- NEW: New firmware availability notification. The router will
notify you if a new firmware is available, and will also
let you view the changelog before sending you to the
download page (the update process remains manual).

Note that the automated check will only report new
final releases. The Check button on the Firmware Upgrade
will immediately check for final releases or beta (if you
select that option), but not both at the same time.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!