What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asus made some changes to robocfg, which broke it. I fixed it for most models, but looks like there's one more exception case for the RT-AC87U.

BTW, when reporting an issue, please don't just post a screenshot saying "it's broken". I wasted a good amount of time to figure out what you guys were actually referring to. A simple explanation would have been most helpful.
My bad as I posted the first screenshot without explanation.

On a side note (aesthetics only as the core code is different based on processor type - no functionality issues; I have only N66 and AC87): the order of interfaces for N66 is LAN 1 to 4, while for AC87 is LAN 4 to 1.

Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks for the amazing work you are really awesome! I just updated my AC68P on the fly and so far so good... will report if something is wrong... I'm just wondering about the new QOS settings... what does each option means? Im a noob on this and would like some guideance... I tried googling but all docs are way to technical do you have something easy to share?

QOS.png

I've had similar question earlier in this thread, but haven't received any replies:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-asuswrt-merlin-380-67-is-now-available.40191/#post-335911

Upgraded my AC88U and all is working great still. Will report if any issues arise. OpenVPN and QoS is working fine.

Two things, FYI - 68% usage is totally fine and many of the variables that command unsets will be "repopulated" after a reboot. Unset and set-as-blank are different things.
The bolded statement needs to be kept in mind. In MOST cases, the code will handle things correctly, but there are cases where this difference can be significant. If you experience any 'strange' problems after doing this, please remove this hack and reboot before reporting and sending everyone on a wild goose chase.

What would be a reason to not use sfq but switch to codel or fq_codel in QoS?
I'm on fiber and use QoS to make sure everyone has a fair share of speed.

I'm using an RT-AC68u A1 and since I installed 380.67 Beta 4 it can happen that the router looses its Internet connection. It happened with Beta 4 and it now happened with the final version. The log is completely empty, nothing is shown when it happens. When I reboot the device Internet works again, but I can't trust how long. I have the router since March 2014 and this has never happened before. So it's really unusal, never had such issues with the 68u, usually I can turn it on and forget all about it because it always works.

I guess my question is, am I the only one facing this issue? Thanks!

Note that the automated check will only report new
final releases. The Check button on the Firmware Upgrade
will immediately check for final releases or beta (if you
select that option), but not both at the same time.
I note that AB-solution will notify you of new final releases by email even if you have the beta option set.

I have the RT_AC87U as main router running Asus-Merlin380.65 and an old RT-N56U that I want to connect as secondary router with different IP. I am wondering if I can flash the Asus-Merlin 380.67 on the RT-N56U?
No, different chip-set not supported my Merlin. Best if you download the latest firmware from ASUS version 3.0.0.4.380.7378 from 2017/03/31.

Last edited:
@Stach THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I just tried this command on one of my AC68U routers running "John-Merlin fork 3.0.0.4.374.43_2-25E8j9527", and exactly like you said "IT DID WONDERS". Here is the before and after:

Before: 45018 / 65536 bytes (68% utilized)
After: 37839 / 65536 bytes (57% utilized)

I will update the other AC68U to Merlin's 380.67 on the weekend and report back.

I already have putty and used it, thanks though :)

I ran the NVRAM unused variable cleanup command on my RT-AC87U as well and it went from 49512 to 40197, but after a router restart it went right back up to 48307. So you would have to run it after every restart, now it's down to 40113.

I ran the NVRAM unused variable cleanup command on my RT-AC87U as well and it went from 49512 to 40197, but after a router restart it went right back up to 48307. So you would have to run it after every restart, now it's down to 40113.

Presumably also you may have nvram variables set that aren't used... Which the script wouldn't clean

Very grateful for the ac3200 change to open vpn. Just a little bit can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am wondering if I can flash the Asus-Merlin 380.67 on the RT-N56U?

This model is not supported.

I tried googling but all docs are way to technical do you have something easy to share?

It's indeed highly technical, and myself I only partly understand it as there are no good documentation on what the traffic overhead exactly is in iproute2's commands. If in doubt, just leave everything to default settings.

the order of interfaces for N66 is LAN 1 to 4, while for AC87 is LAN 4 to 1.

This is working as intended. The ports are listed in reverse order at the hardware level, so rather than having to build a data array before generating the HTML code, I simply number them in the same order as they are enumerated by the hardware.

Why does it sync incorrectly? It downloads file with weird extension .td and zero size?

No idea, AiCloud is part obfuscated, part closed source, and not something I deal with.

What would be a reason to not use sfq but switch to codel or fq_codel in QoS?

fq_codel is just a better algorithm in general.

Anyone function TLS on FTP?

Was working fine for me with Filezilla.

someone trying to login to my AC88U.
Jul 18 07:05:08 dropbear[10887]: User 'nobody' has invalid shell, rejected

I have the RT_AC87U as main router running Asus-Merlin380.65 and an old RT-N56U that I want to connect as secondary router with different IP. I am wondering if I can flash the Asus-Merlin 380.67 on the RT-N56U?
For future reference, the Models supported are listed here.
https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/about

Thanks for pointing that out @sbailey4 . Yet I still disagree with WaD vs Bug.
Name one vendor, firmware or a software package on any platform that'd leave you stuck on the beta after the final is already published.
Apple, iOS. Google, Chrome. (Thats two) Beta channel or release channel determines what you are offered.
But this isn't my argument. Just relaying what Merlin/ASUS have chosen to do and the fact that it isn't a bug but a design choice. The entire update process for Merlin is different from the stock firmware whereby you still have to manually download the package then apply it.

Last edited:
someone trying to login to my AC88U.
Jul 18 07:05:08 dropbear[10887]: User 'nobody' has invalid shell, rejected
Check to make sure the web gui and ssh interfaces are not exposed to the WAN (Administation->System).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!