What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try these settings.
Thanks for the tip. As I stated, once I change the channel, the 5G channel appears. Regardless, changing these settings doesn't help the fact that the 5G radio isn't there before you actually begin setup.

Thanks for the tip. As I stated, once I change the channel, the 5G channel appears. Regardless, changing these settings doesn't help the fact that the 5G radio isn't there before you actually begin setup.

This may simply be an issue with your specific client device and/or driver, rather than the router itself.

After the beta 3 the firmware upgrade notification wont stop warning me about a upgrade.
Its a bug?

Because there is a new firmware available? :)

Not true because the stock firmware doesn't exhibit this issue.

Are you re-using old SSID's? Have you possibly saved the default 'Asus' SSID's? What device are you using to configure the router?

Do you do a full reset to factory defaults when you flash new firmware? Including formatting the jffs partition and clearing the NVRAM too?

Are you re-using old SSID's? Have you possibly saved the default 'Asus' SSID's? What device are you using to configure the router?

Do you do a full reset to factory defaults when you flash new firmware? Including formatting the jffs partition and clearing the NVRAM too?
Yes, I always factory reset when loading a new firmware version, although it may not always be needed, my OCD kicks in. I have tried re-flashing Merlin firmware several times, along with factory resetting each time and still no 5G radio. If I load the stock firmware, and factory reset, the 5G radio is there. No of my devices from a PC, Apple Devices, etc. can see the 5G radio when Merlin firmware is loaded until I change the 5G channel. Is there a certain way to clear NVRAM with the AX88U? I know with previous routers, I could hold the WPS button while powering on to achieve this but not sure if that method still works.

Dirty flash 384.10 broke my Movistar IPTV, i go back to .9 and its working again.

The dirty flash may be responsible? Did you try doing an M&M Config after flashing to test if the firmware or your 'dirty' method was the issue? :)

Yes, I always factory reset when loading a new firmware version, although it may not always be needed, my OCD kicks in. I have tried re-flashing Merlin firmware several times, along with factory resetting each time and still no 5G radio. If I load the stock firmware, and factory reset, the 5G radio is there. No of my devices from a PC, Apple Devices, etc. can see the 5G radio when Merlin firmware is loaded until I change the 5G channel. Is there a certain way to clear NVRAM with the AX88U? I know with previous routers, I could hold the WPS button while powering on to achieve this but not sure if that method still works.

See the WPS NVRAM Erase link in my signature below. I believe it will still work. :)

Edit: How long do you wait for the radio to show up? Could it be that on that first boot it may still be configuring itself too?

The dirty flash may be responsible? Did you try doing an M&M Config after flashing to test if the firmware or your 'dirty' method was the issue? :)

Idk if dirty flash is the cause, i had no time to test a clean upgrade because family wants to watch tv, just flashed again .9 and working. Will test a clean flash at night when all on home will be sleeping.

384.10_beta3

Check the thread you are on. This is the 384.10 Release (final) firmware thread. See the first post by RMerlin.

Time to do an update. :)

Idk if dirty flash is the cause, i had no time to test a clean upgrade because family wants to watch tv, just flashed again .9 and working. Will test a clean flash at night when all on home will be sleeping.

You may still try the 'dirty' flash again. Did you reboot the router before (and wait for 5 to 10 minutes for it to settle down/finish configuring itself)? After flashing the latest release? Sometimes, even a second reboot fixes these issues (the key is to wait a few minutes between reboots).

Dirty flash from 384.9, all is fine.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!