What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Under Tools>Other Settings:
Wan:Use local caching........ Setting tooltip is still showing TODO, looks like you forget to alter that, no biggie for sure but just to let you know lol.

The option was added by another dev, I just forgot that he was expecting me to write that I guess.

@RMerlin, any idea when the Networkmap listing bug would be fixed ?

Ask Asus. <shrug>

I can't see any reason why Moviestar integration would break, there was zero code change in 384.10 around that feature, except for the RT-AX88U which got a new GPL that added it for that model (and that code is in a separate branch from all other models).

Can you guys elaborate beyond just "it's broken"?

Upgrade AX88U from V384.10_Beta3 to V384.10_Final, via dirty flash. All appears to be working, except for the following:

• Networkmap listing may be unreliable. (Bug in Asus's code) - RMerlin's Changelog
  • Under "Adaptive QOS" | "QOS", QOS Configuration was reverted to defaults and did not keep my customization settings
  • Under "Adaptive QOS" | "Bandwidth Monitor", any of my "Network Map" List clients that I normally had set from "Highest" to "Lowest" were all back to "Default" color

I can't see any reason why Moviestar integration would break, there was zero code change in 384.10 around that feature, except for the RT-AX88U which got a new GPL that added it for that model (and that code is in a separate branch from all other models).

Can you guys elaborate beyond just "it's broken"?

Well, i can try but my english and my knowlenge about internal firmware is limited.

I flashed .10, power off router, wait about 2m and power on, all was working fine, then power on itpv decoder and it stay on loading for a long time, one channel appears but a menssage appears on the tv... "service dont available, please try later" and remote controller dont work. I saw this menssage before when i didnt put the correct IPs on IPTV-IPTV connection, seems that some route to manage the IPTV vlan is not working properly or in some place the correct IPs for the service are not properly taked but how i said my knowlenge is limited and could be other thing... sorry if i cant explain me better.

If u want some test to see what happen, if there are some differences on routes bettwen .9 and .10, i can do it if u say to me what to do.

I tested 2 times .10 doing dirty flash without reconfigure the router and both times iptv stop working, flashed again .9 and start working fine.

I will try a clean flash on a few hours.

Well, i can try but my english and my knowlenge about internal firmware is limited.

I flashed .10, power off router, wait about 2m and power on, all was working fine, then power on itpv decoder and it stay on loading for a long time, one channel appears but a menssage appears on the tv... "service dont available, please try later" and remote controller dont work. I saw this menssage before when i didnt put the correct IPs on IPTV-IPTV connection, seems that some route to manage the IPTV vlan is not working properly or in some place the correct IPs for the service are not properly taked but how i said my knowlenge is limited and could be other thing... sorry if i cant explain me better.

If u want some test to see what happen, if there are some differences on routes bettwen .9 and .10, i can do it if u say to me what to do.

I tested 2 times .10 doing dirty flash without reconfigure the router and both times iptv stop working, flashed again .9 and start working fine.

Make sure you flash the firmware you want to test first, then reset the router to factory defaults (see the M&M Config link in my signature below).

Hello :)
First of all, thank you so much for your hard work.
I've just made the dirty update to 384.10 on my AC88U and faced the following issues:
1. Temperature: - 2.4 GHz: 800896076°C - 5 GHz: 46°C - CPU: 75°C
2. The Wireless configuration page contains JS error (
Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:33 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ;
Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:757 Uncaught ReferenceError: initial is not defined
at onload (Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:757) and doesn't display fully, for sure, the page is not working.
Need some help on this :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 11.22.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 11.22.33 PM.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 314
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 11.22.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 11.22.41 PM.png
    303.2 KB · Views: 465
Hello :)
First of all, thank you so much for your hard work.
I've just made the dirty update to 384.10 on my AC88U and faced the following issues:
1. Temperature: - 2.4 GHz: 800896076°C - 5 GHz: 46°C - CPU: 75°C
2. The Wireless configuration page contains JS error (
Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:33 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ;
Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:757 Uncaught ReferenceError: initial is not defined
at onload (Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:757) and doesn't display fully, for sure, the page is not working.
Need some help on this :(

Did you try the NVRAM cleaning scripts in post 2?

Just tried - no luck :(

Just checking, but doing the NVRAM erase isn't enough. Did you reset to factory defaults? Did you also format the jffs partition on next boot?

Anyone have this? A extra case appeared and "Flags" is in the wrong one

Annotation 2019-03-25 225558.png

Just checking, but doing the NVRAM erase isn't enough. Did you reset to factory defaults? Did you also format the jffs partition on next boot?
Well, now it's a bit better, I can open the page with wireless network configuration, however, have some issues with 2.4Hz network - the Current Control Channel: 0 and the drop down list has just one available value - Auto.
So, 2.4Hz network is not working.

Well, now it's a bit better, I can open the page with wireless network configuration, however, have some issues with 2.4Hz network - the Current Control Channel: 0 and the drop down list has just one available value - Auto.
So, 2.4Hz network is not working.

I would reflash the firmware, reset to factory defaults, do an NVRAM erase and also format the jffs on next boot. Your router is certainly not in a known/good state! ;)

I completed an M & M re-config of my main router, and a dirty upgrade on AP, as I moved to the latest fw. Wan/Lan worked well, so I reentered all my "tweaks", and haven't heard any complaints from teenagers (ipads, iphones, PCs), now await Wife to return and hopefully she won't notice I played with the network.
As Always, Thank You RMerlin for Your Great Work!

Try the two Alpha builds in https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/test-builds/ as well as the 384.10 betas posted on Sourceforge to see if the issue started with a specific release.

In AX88U Movistar triple VLAN profile works correctly...

See the WPS NVRAM Erase link in my signature below. I believe it will still work. :)

Edit: How long do you wait for the radio to show up? Could it be that on that first boot it may still be configuring itself too?

Just tried the NVRAM erase method on my AX88U using the WPS + Power on method and that didn’t do anything. Is there a different way of doing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just tried the NVRAM erase method on my AX88U using the WPS + Power on method and that didn’t do anything. Is there a different way of doing it?

I had the same issue but rest assured if you do it right and hang on to it long enough it will do the job.

I had the same issue but rest assured if you do it right and hang on to it long enough it will do the job.
The other thing is the light never starts flashing for some reason. The reset still works.

The other thing is the light never starts flashing for some reason. The reset still works.

Good to know. I figured it didn’t do anything because I would hold it for about 10 secs and then the light would go out and then nothing.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!