What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.12 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are you using SMB 1, SMB 2 or both on router and clients? My testing the beta 1 with just smb2 on router and clients worked well.

With 384.11_2 I was using SMB1 + SMB2 with Simpler Share Naming, Force as Master Browser, and Set as WINS Server all on. I've toggled them around and the FreeNAS box will not show up any more although it is reachable to its IP address.

With 384.11_2 I was using SMB1 + SMB2 with Simpler Share Naming, Force as Master Browser, and Set as WINS Server all on. I've toggled them around and the FreeNAS box will not show up any more although it is reachable to its IP address.
are you using the beta version still? that should have been fixed on the final release of 384.12

Just updated, dirty flash.

At first I had some problems accessing my Samba Shares (Samba protocol version SMBv1 + SMBv2 set from router settings), but after rebooting the client computers I can access the shares OK.

Yeah, I had no idea what you were talking about until I just looked and saw that they have a newer kernel. Unfortunately I threw down about 300 for the 5300 and don't want to throw down another 2 for a new router, but if THIS doesn't settle down than I will get tired of tweeking things until I can't see what I'm tweeking anymore and I'll throw down even on a chance of fixing it.
Thanks for the heads up.

The problem is "freenas" is resolving to an external host. I added it with the correct internal IP address to my client's hosts file and it works. I also added it to the hosts file on the router.

I believe this behavior is different in 384.12 than it was under 384.11_2.

RT-AC86U reporting:

1st attempt to upgrade from 384.11_2 to 384.12 failed. Dunno why it failed. The progress bar still continued until 100% but the message below the progress bar, there was a long paragraph which said it has failed. After 100%, the login screen came out, after login, the firmware was still 384.11_2 and everything worked normally.

Tried to upgrade using the same firmware file again, the message below the progress bar showed success. The progress bar continued until 100% then login screen came out. After login, the firmware shown as 384.12.

I waited for 5 minutes then hard reset the router (I always do this for each time of firmware upgrade). Now 384.12 is up and running for 12 hours. Everything is fine.

I remember somebody also with RT-AC86U posted here earlier also encountered the same problem of first attempt failed but second attempt success. Other than this issue, everything is OK.

My name resolution of local clients, such as my NAS, on Win 10 clients stopped working with thpisrelease. Any fix?
Try Tools>Other settings

WAN:Use local caching DNS Server as system resolver. And change the setting to Yes

The default was Yes up to 384.12. (See changelog)

Updated from the (new) beta2 to 384.12 on RT-AC87u
Looking really good :)
Thanks RMerlin

How many of you have that AIprotection turned On ?
Is this in relation to 384.12 specifically? If not, you might be better in a new topic, or do a search: the security of AIProtection came up recently. If your question relates to that, you might be better off looking there.

So, I just tested again, with screenshots, as you can see same server and downstream performance is nearly halved with DOT servers on (both Cloudfare and Cloud-9)
I don't want to rathole about symantecs that name servers should not affect download performance, I AGREE, but reality is that they are involved continuously during the process and that involvement affects performance. I would encourage you to test it yourself as well. Maybe the difference isn't there for North American users, but for me in the Netherlands it's huge. Not worth the round trip.

Attachments

• dns1.PNG
    dns1.PNG
    171.4 KB · Views: 470
  • TLS.PNG
    TLS.PNG
    140.1 KB · Views: 458
Is this in relation to 384.12 specifically? If not, you might be better in a new topic, or do a search: the security of AIProtection came up recently. If your question relates to that, you might be better off looking there.

When I enable it, it pumps memory by +10% is that normal ? And I was just curious how many of you use it, and is it ok or useless.

When I enable it, it pumps memory by +10% is that normal ? And I was just curious how many of you use it, and is it ok or useless.
It is normal and yes it works fine.

Screenshot_20190623-072427522.jpg
My speed is throttled back with qos tho but I do achieve same speeds regardless of dns translation.

North america

Hello, after updating the RT-AC68U router from the firmware version 384.10 I have a problem with the VPN server. In the 384.9 firmware version, the VPN server operates correctly. Attached screenshot. What could be the reason ? Thank you for your help.

upload_2019-6-23_13-31-21.png

Dirty flash from 384.11_2 to 384.12 on AC88U successful.
Everything seem ok.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!