What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smooth (dirty) update from 384.12 :)

Flashed RT-AC86U from 384.13_beta1 to 384.13_Final

All works as expected

Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just updated and everything working just fine.
I have two RT-AC66U_B2 which I running aimesh nod(s) but one of them I can't get connected.
I have tried everything I know of. :eek:

Uptime 0 days 0 hours 53 minute(s) 3 seconds

Thank you RMerlin.

Is there a default for Network Monitoring? Ping or dns? Mines been blank for a while so I don't think it can tell when internet is down. It went blank a few updates ago.

As per my signature for my current setup, just completed a fresh install/rebuild of Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 for the main and factory resest of all nodes. The only thing I noticed through the fresh rebuild was that the Main router twice refused to restart from a GUI restart i.e hangs, all lights on the main were off, while the power switch was still on, was forced to power off and on, the main to recover, I do believe though this is problem with the 86U and not related to the Merlin software. Once up and running all good. You will notice from my signature that I am still running the standard ASUS firmware on all nodes, at least for now. Reconnecting all nodes to the Main went without any problems/issues at all. Nothing further to report, its has been rock solid and has been, even through the alpha builds with AiMesh included.

Thanks to Merlin and his great work, I/we/all, can finally use a much superior firmware, while still being able to utilize AiMesh.

Stunning work Merlin.

Can only hope now that it gives ASUS a bit of kick/hurry up, to put out a new firmware release for those routers supported through AiMesh to fix some current problems and increase its functionality to be a TRUE mesh system. ASUS haven't put out a new firmware for the 86U now in nearly 3 months.

Anyways not your problem Merlin as I know all AiMesh code is locked and not being made available to you for development and or fixing.

Once again though, thanks Merlin, I am again a happy camper, because I have the privilege to use your firmware with a AiMesh setup.

Last edited:
After the update the following message appears continuously in the syslog. The Mac address is that of the router (AX88U) itself. Can anyone say anything about this?

Code:
Aug  1 10:35:00 kernel: Register interface [wds0.0.1]  MAC: 0c:9d:92:xx:xx:xx
Aug  1 10:35:05 kernel: wfd_unregisterdevice Successfully unregistered ifidx 0 wfd_idx 0
Aug  1 10:35:05 kernel: wfd_registerdevice Successfully registered dev wds0.0.1 ifidx 0 wfd_idx 0

:(

I just can't get the AC87U to work in AP mode anymore. Same thing with 384.12. After factory reset it works just fine, but when enabling AP mode it looks like WAN port won't wakeup and the router doesn't get an IP address. And neither does any device connected to access point. Is there anything you can do Merlin about this issue? 384.11.2 is the last working version.

Just updated and everything working just fine.
I have two RT-AC66U_B2 which I running aimesh nod(s) but one of them I can't get connected.
I have tried everything I know of. :eek:

Uptime 0 days 0 hours 53 minute(s) 3 seconds

Thank you RMerlin.
RT-AC66U_B1? That is a model number. The B2 may be a hardware version.

My RT-AC66U_B1 upgraded well as well as two RT-AC68U's (upgraded from .12 over Openvpn).

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Smooth update yesterday over beta 1. Everything is running great. I don’t use AiMesh, but very pleased it’s there if needed in the future.

Thanks, Merlin!

Try a different browser. They are written in Cyrillic, and they show up properly for me under Chrome.
Cyrillic, of course...
But I now tried Firefox, Waterfox, Edge, Edge Dev and IE; it works on none (not even if I change Text Encoding to Cyrillic on my primary Waterfox)! Chrome is the only one I do not have (hate it personally) :)
The worst is in IE, they do not even appear at all even as blank space!

RT-AC66U_B1? That is a model number. The B2 may be a hardware version.

My RT-AC66U_B1 upgraded well as well as two RT-AC68U's (upgraded from .12 over Openvpn).

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
My fault :mad: It's a RT-AC66U_B1 hw:b2

Seamless Unbound integration. Stable as a rock. Excellent job.

• Note for developers, the dhcp_staticlist format was changed to revert back to the same format as stock firmware (for AiMesh compatibility). The hostname field was moved to a separate variable, dhcp_hostnames. Note that this variable will be stored in a jffs file on the RT-AC86U and RT-AX88U due to limitations on variable length for their HND platform. That means that a backed up config file will not restore these hostnames when restored (but using a JFFS backup will).
Thanks for pointing out this change in all of the posts as it impacted some code in x3mRouting. I was able to update the x3mRouting project to accommodate the change for non-HND platform routers to give me a file that contains a list of DHCP static reservations containing the IP address and hostname of each client.

I need to code for the HND platform. I have two questions:
  1. What is the file path and name of the file that contains dhcp_hostnames?
  2. Are the contents of the file the same as the nvram variable dhcp_hostnames - using the < and > characters as separators? Example:
Code:
<42:03:87:62:E9:7G>SamsungTV<00:76:42:EA:FA:9E>AmazonFireTV

Thank you!

87U dirty upgraded from v11. Happy to report that slow web interface issue from v12 is gone. Maybe faster than ever, great work!

Hmm, AX88U dirty update from 384.12 = +10° CPU temperature.
Known issue. Asus removed something (cpu idle) that was causing trouble and it caused the temp to increase about 10 centigrade, I have same as you and mine went up as well.

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available for all supported models. The main change of this release is the addition of support for AiMesh (both router and nodes) for those models that are compatible (RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200 are not supported). This release also includes a number of fixes. The highlights:

• AiMesh support for both router and nodes. See the AiMesh section below for more information. Please visit the Wiki for more information.
  • Updated RT-AX88U to GPL 384_6210.
  • dnsmasq now uses OpenSSL instead of Nettle for DNSSEC cipher operations. This allows dnsmasq to validate a wider range of ciphers.
  • Note for developers, the dhcp_staticlist format was changed to revert back to the same format as stock firmware (for AiMesh compatibility). The hostname field was moved to a separate variable, dhcp_hostnames. Note that this variable will be stored in a jffs file on the RT-AC86U and RT-AX88U due to limitations on variable length for their HND platform. That means that a backed up config file will not restore these hostnames when restored (but using a JFFS backup will).
  • Some changes also had to be done to the webs_* variables that are used by the new firmware checks, which might affect script developers that were accessing those variables.
  • A number of minor issues were fixed, see the Changelog for details

Please only post in this thread about this specific release.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
Thanks again for all your hard work,I'm not rich but I will chip in a little something again for you next version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!