What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated my RT-AC87U this morning. Took 2 tries after removing the USB drive - which seems to be the new normal for me. The one odd thing is that after the upgrade completed, both WiFi radios were disabled. Not sure how/why that happened. After enabling them in the gui, everything seems to be working on 384.13

Hmm, AX88U dirty update from 384.12 = +10° CPU temperature.
You can use the following code in your SSH console to enable it again if the temperature concerns you:

pwr config --cpuwait on

It will lower the temps within seconds of activating it. I didn't observe any issues yet. Have it active since beta1. You can always turn it off again with the following command: pwr config --cpuwait off

No problem with upgrading an 86U from 384.12
A few static DHCP assignments but otherwise plain vanilla config.
No factory reset was done, just a power cycle before and after.

I noticed that QoA configuration was not reset to its default values during this update. Was that fixed or was I just lucky?

I`ve just updated my RT-AC87U from 384.12 to 384.13, but i`m still getting:

Aug 1 17:40:57 wsdd2[700]: wsdd-http-v6: open_ep: bind: Address already in use
Aug 1 17:42:01 wsdd2[700]: wsdd-http-v6: open_ep: bind: Address already in use
Aug 1 18:46:23 wsdd2[700]: wsdd-http-v6: open_ep: bind: Address already in use
Aug 1 18:46:25 wsdd2[700]: wsdd-http-v6: open_ep: bind: Address already in use

Is there any way to get rid of this 'error' ? What should i check/uncheck ?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I noticed that QoA configuration was not reset to its default values during this update. Was that fixed or was I just lucky?
Must be lucky, both of my units 86u had to be redone.

BTW @RMerlin, getting back to you on the OpenVPN server issue I raised yesterday in the 384.13 Beta thread (it would not startup, despite clearing the keys, defaulting the settings, then re-importing the settings ), after updating to the 384.13 final release version this morning AND formatting the JFFS partition, the problem was solved (I did not need to do a full factory default reset). My previous symptoms and syslog entries were exactly the same as this user posted a few months back over here in the VPN section:
OpenVPN server not starting on Merlin

One curious item I have been noticing lately: if a guest network is set to the normal default of blocking access to the "intranet" (ie: the LAN resources), and we are using Diversion/Skynet, it will also completely block some websites from loading. I have to specifically un-block/allow these guest networks to access to the "intranet" in order to regain access these sites. In a way, I understand what is happening, but it still seems to defeat the purpose of guest networks when we have to grant access to the local LAN resources.

ac86u dirty flash from 384.12 (why not? Lucky 13!)
All is well (so far) as far as I can tell...

downloaded and installed the latest firmware 384.13. While going through all the settings, I see in <Tools > Sysinfo> that my CPU temperature had bumped up over 30 degrees C. Scrambled to find a fan to cool it off. Still running very hot, normal operating temperature was about 75 degrees C +- 3 degrees.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-01 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U - System Information.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-01 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U - System Information.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 532
  • Screenshot_2019-08-01 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U - System Information(1).png
    Screenshot_2019-08-01 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U - System Information(1).png
    230.3 KB · Views: 528
Dirty upgrade from 384.12 on AC88U.
Thanks for the hard work!

downloaded and installed the latest firmware 384.13. While going through all the settings, I see in <Tools > Sysinfo> that my CPU temperature had bumped up over 30 degrees C. Scrambled to find a fan to cool it off. Still running very hot, normal operating temperature was about 75 degrees C +- 3 degrees.

I have a RT-AC68U that definately overheats running at over 92 degrees C (without a active cooling solution), BUT I can definately tell because the outer case gets extremely hot to the touch. This one is showing temps of over 100 degrees C, YET I cannot feel the heat on the outer case to the touch. Is it possible that the CPU temp reading is false? How can I test for that?

I have a RT-AC68U that definately overheats running at over 92 degrees C (without a active cooling solution), BUT I can definately tell because the outer case gets extremely hot to the touch. This one is showing temps of over 100 degrees C, YET I cannot feel the heat on the outer case to the touch. Is it possible that the CPU temp reading is false? How can I test for that?

EDIT - Only applies to AX-88U, sorry! :(

Read a few posts above and below this one.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-asuswrt-merlin-384-13-is-now-available.57860/page-2#post-507546

There is an RMerlin posted possible workaround, what Asus did and why. Some searching will find it.

This CPU temp topic seems to post a few times a day over many forum topics.

Last edited:
Read a few posts above and below this one.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-13-is-now-available.57860/page-2#post-507546

There is an RMerlin posted possible workaround, what Asus did and why. Some searching will find it.

This CPU temp topic seems to post a few times a day over many forum topics.

Sorry, normally I would follow the posts. Because of the "extreme overheating" issue and thinking my router was about to bite the dust, I was scrambling for a solution and a active fan.

You can use the following code in your SSH console to enable it again if the temperature concerns you:

pwr config --cpuwait on

It will lower the temps within seconds of activating it. I didn't observe any issues yet. Have it active since beta1. You can always turn it off again with the following command: pwr config --cpuwait off
Code:
:/tmp/home/root# pwr config --cpuwait on
-sh: pwr: not found
I guess the "pwr" command isn't part of the default installs of amtm, diversion, or entware? how do I install "pwr"?

Code:
:/tmp/home/root# pwr config --cpuwait on
-sh: pwr: not found
I guess the "pwr" command isn't part of the default installs of amtm, diversion, or entware? how do I install "pwr"?
Not applicable to an AC68U. You have a different yet troubling issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!