What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Thanks. I am sort unsure its working. It weird. I need 192.168.1.100 (cable box) to go through my router only (I assume 192.168.1.1) and everything else to go through the VPN.

so I'd enter:
Policy Rules
(name) PPV 192.168.1.100 (router) 192.168.1.1 WAN (send PPV traffic to the WAN?) and everything else through VPN
would that say that any other traffic goes thru the VPN or do I need a 2d rule?

thanks
I'd suggest you add these two rules. The first to assure that the Router itself connects to the ISP provided connection, not the VPN. The second to make sure that all clients (except those specifically excluded), route via the VPN.
Code:
Router    192.168.1.1    0.0.0.0    WAN  
LAN    192.168.1.0/24    0.0.0.0    VPN
This is where you add clients to exclude them from VPN routing and via the WAN interface. So, if I understand correctly what you want to do, add this rule for PPV.
Code:
PPV    192.168.1.100    0.0.0.0    WAN

We she blowed up real good (take on an popular 80's Canadian show). Even with the VPN off, DHCP not assigning a static IP, rebooting the router and the box nothing plays at all. This is why I started on my TV on the rec room. There must be something I missed.

Now just to blame it on the dog somehow....

We she blowed up real good (take on an popular 80's Canadian show). Even with the VPN off, DHCP not assigning a static IP, rebooting the router and the box nothing plays at all. This is why I started on my TV on the rec room. There must be something I missed.

Now just to blame it on the dog somehow....
Can you post a screen shot of your Policy routing rules from the VPN page? Let's see what the dog did to that page? :D

@RMerlin Is there no Merlin Firmware for the ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000?

Hey well so far so good. Thanks for the settings.

Well when I start my VPN it says 'Local 10.14.10.xx Public 172.98.67.xx that would be the LAN address correct?
thanks alot

-keef

Last edited:
The VPN's clients DHCP server is assigning LOCAL IPs on the LAN from the 10:14:10:xx range. Your VPN provider has given your tunnel a Public IP 172.98.67.xx.

The terminology might be a little clearer if you actually open up the VPN client detail page.

Hi. Well its working! Both tv boxes are on my router now, all channels and pvr stuff are playing perfectly as is the vpn! Next is the bridge mode bit however connecting that back up, should be without any difficulties. I am so glad this is working, I can finally get Skynet again doing what it does so well.

thanks for all your time and patience. I really appreciate your help.

-keef

Last edited:
Can't upgrade from 384.12 to 384.13_1. Tried rebooting then flashing and it still did not take. Next is restoring to factory settings but where/what settings should I take a screenshot of?

Can't upgrade from 384.12 to 384.13_1. Tried rebooting then flashing and it still did not take.
Did you remove all attached USB storage devices (and rebooted) before attempting the flash?

What router model is it?

Next is restoring to factory settings...
Take a backup of your settings before the reset so you can go back to your current state if the firmware still doesn't apply.

Hi. Well one more little thing. I have the cable/modem in bridge mode and tv/pvr/on demand is fine as is internet for the household. I am still getting an IP that I thought was coming from my cable modem (10.2.10.x). I need an IP from my ISP (for Skynet to work again) and I cannot seem to get that. I had hope rebooting the router and modem would have done it.

can you offer me a suggestion where to look?

I don't understand what you mean by you are getting an IP coming from the Cable Modem and cannot seem to get an IP from your ISP.

The IP from the cable modem is coming from your ISP.

Once you are in bridge mode your Cable modem would normally get an IP from your ISP which your router should see.

Last edited:
I don't under what you mean by you are getting an IP coming from the Cable Modem and cannot seem to get an IP from your ISP.

The IP from the cable modem is coming from your ISP.

Once you are in bridge mode your Cable modem would normally get an IP from your ISP which your router should see.

I deleted that message just after you read it. Rebooting everything again, modem first, seems to work ok. Everything is co-operating.

thanks

Success! I thought I did a reset although I didn't loose any settings and nothing really happened other than loosing access to admin page. Internet was still fine. That was kind of strange. I then did an actual meat-space reboot (unplugged/plugged). Everything came back up as normal, no changes, same SSIDs ect. (I don't have any elaborate settings like VPN). Flash went smoothly no problem.

Hi everybody, I'm experiencing two different issues on my new RT-AX88U & Merlin 384.13 directly upgraded from Asus stock firmware:

1) When I push the reboot pushbutton from the GUI (from Win PC or from smartphone by chrome browser), at least one time on five router shuts down and then power off (no lights on) without restart; I need to switch off the phisycal power switch and then put it on again to recover it. Sometimes it happens when the router reboots by the schedule reboot, also. Planned every night.

2) Using asuscomm.com DDNS (after have asked and obtained the DDNS name host reset of the previous RT-AC87U from Asus) the DDNS service never refresh the host and the Let's Encrypt certificate status holds always on "updating...."

RT-AX88U - 384.13 - amtm 2.8 - FreshJR adaptive QoS V8.8

Anybody has the same issue?

Thanks in advance & regards

Hi to everybody!

I'm doing some other tests for the point 2 (DDNS asus):
Please, let see what happens having same "WAN - Dynamic DDNS asuscomm.com " configuration, just doing some reboots or service reboots of the router; let me know if I'm wrong, but it seems that the router SOMETIMES still looking for the Let's Encrypt certificate even if it's disabled (just to avoid problem with Let's Encrypt issues).

DDNS_asus.jpg

From the System Log:

ASUS DDNS doesn't Work and public IP still the old one:

Nov 9 16:12:51 start_ddns: update WWW.ASUS.COM update@asus.com, wan_unit 0
Nov 9 16:12:51 inadyn[4474]: In-a-dyn version 2.5 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
Nov 9 16:12:52 inadyn[4474]: Update forced for alias xxxxxxxxxxxxx.asuscomm.com, new IP# 79.17.220.87
Nov 9 16:12:52 inadyn[4474]: Certificate verification error:num=10:certificate has expired:depth=0:/CN=ns1.asuscomm.com

ASUS DDNS Works and Public IP is correctly tracked:

Nov 9 16:25:51 start_ddns: update WWW.ASUS.COM update@asus.com, wan_unit 0
Nov 9 16:25:51 inadyn[4211]: Update forced for alias xxxxxxxxxxxxx.asuscomm.com, new IP# 79.16.219.48
Nov 9 16:25:53 inadyn[4211]: Updating cache for xxxxxxxxxxxxx.asuscomm.com

Last edited:
but it seems that the router SOMETIMES still looking for the Let's Encrypt certificate even if it's disabled (just to avoid problem with Let's Encrypt issues).

This has nothing to do with Let's Encrypt. It's a separate issue, where their own server has an expired certificate installed.

I downloaded the update file from SourceForge and from the mirror site. Both show the same SHA 256 signature but does not match asuswrt-merlin.net/download site
52ad14030fe5f2e714e8fca913904da9e1ce91b314ee4c35522e107e8a62df84 RT-AC87U_384.13_1.trx
SHAResult.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!