What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the update file from SourceForge and from the mirror site. Both show the same SHA 256 signature but does not match asuswrt-merlin.net/download site
52ad14030fe5f2e714e8fca913904da9e1ce91b314ee4c35522e107e8a62df84 RT-AC87U_384.13_1.trx
SHAResult.png
Maybe because one is a *.zip file the other a *.trx file?

I downloaded the update file from SourceForge and from the mirror site. Both show the same SHA 256 signature but does not match asuswrt-merlin.net/download site
52ad14030fe5f2e714e8fca913904da9e1ce91b314ee4c35522e107e8a62df84 RT-AC87U_384.13_1.trx
SHAResult.png

You'll need to extract the zip archive first.

One week passed since commisioning of my new RT-AX88U with 384.13. Yesterday two OpenVPN servers also started operation. No issues so far except this syslog message:
Code:
Nov 18 12:39:41 kernel: jffs2: warning: (1129) jffs2_sum_write_data: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -1109

Any ideas what is happening?

One week passed since commisioning of my new RT-AX88U with 384.13. Yesterday two OpenVPN servers also started operation. No issues so far except this syslog message:
Code:
Nov 18 12:39:41 kernel: jffs2: warning: (1129) jffs2_sum_write_data: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -1109

Any ideas what is happening?
USB drive full??

USB drive full??

No USB drive at all! :) This is a new router installation, so I didn't attached USB drive yet (it will be used for Entware).

You must have a setting in the 2.4GHz control panel professional settings that is interfering with your devices. Check that you have universal beamforming, airtime fairness and Roaming assistant set to disable.

In the professional settings there is a drop down menu that gives 3 options I used the mcs 7 upto 802.11n now everything connects at a fast rate
I left the 5ghz as it was but reduced the 2.4ghz as above
Hope this helps

Just a quick question, to make sure I do not make a bad buy:
The Asus RT-AX88U Nordic Router is a good future proof buy right? Both for Merlin/John fork and in general correct?

Edit:
Or is one of the other Asus routers better?

The Asus RT-AX88U Nordic Router is a good future proof buy right? Both for Merlin/John fork and in general correct?

John hasn't been seen here since spring and never supported AX-routers.
But it is supported by Merlin.

John hasn't been seen here since spring and never supported AX-routers.
But it is supported by Merlin.

Ok, didnt know Johns fork didnt support it, but guess its not a problem as long as Merlin supports it.

I cannot see that the AX92U or the 1100 or what it is called, is better for me.

I just want to make sure that the Asus RT-AX88U Nordic is a good future proof router, for custom firmware and in general is a good buy (its on black week sale here in Norway).

Look at Merlins thread which models are supported, GT are not supported and AX92U same.
AX88U is not worth right now, better get a cheap AC86U and in 2 or 3 years update to cheaper AX routers, then you will end with 2 routers for the same price you would have to pay for AX88 now.
You wont get benefits now with AX.

Reactions: MDM
Stick to proven technology, unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket. Future proofing is about using the latest reliable technology, not being a beta tester.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-ax88u-on-sale.58437/

So are you saying the AX88U is a beta testing product? :)

Look at Merlins thread which models are supported, GT are not supported and AX92U same.
AX88U is not worth right now, better get a cheap AC86U and in 2 or 3 years update to cheaper AX routers, then you will end with 2 routers for the same price you would have to pay for AX88 now.
You wont get benefits now with AX.

If he can afford it is certainly worth it right now.

I consider the AX88U the best in their product stack at the moment that supports Merlin :)

Released before the final AX specification came out, what do you think...?

Well you can sign me up for another one its the best piece of "beta hardware" I've used in recent memory.

And for those with this device and not following the AX thread Asus has released an offical AX firmware for this device.

Once GPL is dropped hoping we see it in 384.15 If Merlin has time :)

We are getting close to the holiday season after all.

And for those with this device and not following the AX thread Asus has released an offical AX firmware for this device.

Which kinda validate his point. Until today, you had an AX router missing some of its key AX features.

Which kinda validate his point. Until today, you had an AX router missing some of its key AX features.

True but most people have one single AX device in there environments if any.

So not really a deal stopper. Turn off AX and you still have one of the best routers Asus has made to date. So not really a loss.

I feel that my question kinda derailed the thread; I simply wanted to know if the Asus RT-AX88U Nordic Router (on 36% sale) was a good buy, or if there were better ones (for Merlin firmware) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!