What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgraded to 384.13 on Thursday, everything seemed OK.
Went on vacation Friday, all went to sh!te.
My Router hung, no emails from my cameras, could not VPN in. Person seeing to my cats, had no internet.

Came home a couple of hours ago and I had to hit the reset button. it was the only thing I could do to gain access to it.
Now I will wait before adding the usual, Skynet, Diversion back on. USB drive has been disconnected and I will reformat before reconnecting it.
I think it's not related to .13, happens to me once also, on older release

I did some test today and something is not right with smart connect. It's not switching to 5Ghz as before, I have to turn off wifi on my phone and turn in back On to get 5Ghz, and I am in close range to router. Before this flash it was working normally, when I went out of 5Ghz range it will switch to 2.4Ghz and when I get back in range of 5Ghz it would auto. switch to 5Ghz, without any trouble of switching.

Anyone having problems like this ? What should I do ?

Did your phone update? Try forgetting the networks on it, and add them again...

It did yesterday, but it's not because of that, it was happening before the update. But I will try removing the network and adding it again, and test after that.

Dirty upgrade from .12 to .13. No problems so far. Set up aimesh and all seems to be working fine.

Did your phone update? Try forgetting the networks on it, and add them again...

Still same. It switch back to 2.4Ghz on it's own, and I didn't even leave my room and it's in range of 5Ghz. Now I am very close to router, and link speed on phone is 144Mbps on 2.4Ghz.

And when I turn it off and on again it's on 5Ghz 650Mbps connected...

Something is not right, It wasnt like that on previous firmware, router is AC88U.

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade from .12 to .13

I noticed today that the Network Map screen has a couple of issues which I think were ok immediately after the upgrade and for days afterwards. Internet Status shows as Disconnected (it is not, the internet is working fine), and the View List does not show the number of clients, but clicking there does correctly bring up the list. Image attached.

Also, and sure "search the forum", but I now get the eth1: Disassoc 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx and eth1: ReAssoc 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx messages filling the log. I have seen a thread where 3 or 4 features get disabled to maybe fix this. Is there an official root cause and fix/workaround?

Attachments

• merlin.jpg
    merlin.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 345
Comes in the future on a aimesh node a wifi guest network ?
now on this moment don't work whit 384.13 / rt-ac68u
whit a aimesh router no probleem whit a guest network
i have tri whit 384.13 and 3.0.0.4.384_45717-gadd52a8 on the aimesh node

Merlin thank you for another update of firmware. I have 87u router. I've had some trouble getting .13 from .11 into router. No matter what i did router would get hung up on left 2 lights on and would do webserver page only. Yes i've done router reset but i've had to do .12 first then .13 and then it took 3-4 resets of to get the login page. Then i had problem getting router into AP mode too. I've also have Restore default NVRAM values from that miniWeb server. Still didn't help.

In any case i finally got it working. Not sure what has caused this trouble but it's up finally. Maybe it's that add on from ASUS that is being added to the code for 87u routers? I dunno. If have any advice going forward how to avoid this it would be greatly appreciated.

29xjksp.jpg

Last edited:
Still same. It switch back to 2.4Ghz on it's own, and I didn't even leave my room and it's in range of 5Ghz. Now I am very close to router, and link speed on phone is 144Mbps on 2.4Ghz.

And when I turn it off and on again it's on 5Ghz 650Mbps connected...

Something is not right, It wasnt like that on previous firmware, router is AC88U.
I guess @L&LD is on vacay, his troubleshooting and m&m config instructions at: https://www.snbforums.com/members/l-ld.24423/#info

That statement is true only for average users, advance users have many use cases for scripts even on nodes, for example I use an overclocking script for my Asus 68U working as a node.
I thought overclocking no longer works on the newer firmwares.
It works fine on 68U, newer HND models like 86U are CFE locked.
Right now I'm using (1200,800) with an external fan attached on the back to regulate the temperature.
How do you get the overclock settings to stick from one reboot to another?
I tried the "nvram set clkfreq=1000,666" then "nvram commit" from the SSH session. When I rebooted, it went back to 800.
Why is this step important to you? is it necessary for your overall function?
Why that complicated?
If you have verified your settings 1200/800 working well in long time testing on 68U you can set them in cfe and no need for any scripts anymore!
SSH: nvram set asuscfeclkfreq=1200,800 && nvram set asuscfecommit=1 && reboot

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade from .12 to .13

I noticed today that the Network Map screen has a couple of issues which I think were ok immediately after the upgrade and for days afterwards. Internet Status shows as Disconnected (it is not, the internet is working fine), and the View List does not show the number of clients, but clicking there does correctly bring up the list. Image attached.

Also, and sure "search the forum", but I now get the eth1: Disassoc 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx and eth1: ReAssoc 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx messages filling the log. I have seen a thread where 3 or 4 features get disabled to maybe fix this. Is there an official root cause and fix/workaround?
The messages were silent. They are not anymore. It is just letting you know of a state change in the devices connection ie: power saving feature on the device. There isn't necessarily anything wrong.

Why that complicated?
If you have verified your settings 1200/800 working well in long time testing on 68U you can set them in cfe and no need for any scripts anymore!
SSH: nvram set asuscfeclkfreq=1200,800 && nvram set asuscfecommit=1&& reboot

I know about that but I do it that way because I always do the firmware updates on stock clocks and by script method it's as easy as renaming the script and reboot.

Why that complicated?
SSH: nvram set asuscfeclkfreq=1200,800 && nvram set asuscfecommit=1&& reboot

I have copied and pasted your directions for future reference. I overclock it daily (I set router scheduled reboot every morning). For the last 2 days testing with overclocking and active cooling seems to be working -- CPU running in the low to mid 60's C. Like you said maybe hold off setting it in the cfe until "long time testing" and satisfied its working satisfactorily. Thanks!

btw, should there be a space between "asuscfecommit=1" and "&&"?

Last edited:
I guess @L&LD is on vacay, his troubleshooting and m&m config instructions at: https://www.snbforums.com/members/l-ld.24423/#info

When you enable smart you can't set the channel manually it's on Auto all the time.

I uncheck "Auto select channel including channel 12, 13" maybe that was making some problems, I'll test without that now to see if there are any changes.

EDIT:
Still same, it switch back to 2.4Ghz now @ 144Mbps

Last edited:
I reflash the firmware again, did factory reset, pull the plug for 5 minutes, plug it back, reconfigure, and still same.

After some time it switch back to 2.4Ghz @ 144Mbps, and If I disable wifi on phone and turn it on again it will connect to 5Ghz for some time and switch back to 2.4 on it's own, and phone is in same place all the time near router.

Should I downgrade to previous verions of firmware ?

When you enable smart you can't set the channel manually it's on Auto all the time.
Never used, so did not know; but there might lie the core of your problems...
Sure you can try going back, just save config in case it dos not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!