What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never used, so did not know; but there might lie the core of your problems...
Sure you can try going back, just save config in case it dos not help.

I flash now 384.12 and I will test now again with this firmware.

I flash now 384.12 and I will test now again with this firmware.
I don't believe that wireless drivers have changed between versions.

I don't believe that wireless drivers have changed between versions.

I know but something is not right, don't know what. I even try to reflash and it was same.

Now back on 384.12, it's on 5Ghz for 10 min. and still testing.

Last edited:
The messages were silent. They are not anymore. It is just letting you know of a state change in the devices connection ie: power saving feature on the device. There isn't necessarily anything wrong.

Good to know, thanks for the reply. Overall I am very happy so far with the RT-AC5300 and Merlin.

EDIT - spoke too soon. I was accessing a networked PC remotely (VNC), the remote is connected to RT-AC5300, access just died. If I can remember my account info, I will access my RT-AC5300 papertrail log to see if that is alive, but I'll guess that is unable to update over internet.

EDIT - router was good, PC frozen. Windows 10 and BSOD lockup, grrrr.

Last edited:
I reflash the firmware again, did factory reset, pull the plug for 5 minutes, plug it back, reconfigure, and still same.

After some time it switch back to 2.4Ghz @ 144Mbps, and If I disable wifi on phone and turn it on again it will connect to 5Ghz for some time and switch back to 2.4 on it's own, and phone is in same place all the time near router.

Should I downgrade to previous verions of firmware ?

Check your Roaming Assistant settings, compare the value with the RSSI of your phone when on the 5 GHz band.

Check your Roaming Assistant settings, compare the value with the RSSI of your phone when on the 5 GHz band.

Roaming Assistant was disabled in Wireless - Professional. Where is that values of RSSI, not familiar with that.

On 384.12 wifi is working as it should, I downgrade few hourse ago to 384.12.
And phone is always on 5Ghz when in range, and when it's not it switching back to 2.4Ghz and vice versa. Something is not right in 384.13 firmware with wifi on AC88U.

Roaming Assistant was disabled in Wireless - Professional. Where is that values of RSSI, not familiar with that.

On 384.12 wifi is working as it should, I downgrade few hourse ago to 384.12.
And phone is always on 5Ghz when in range, and when it's not it switching back to 2.4Ghz and vice versa. Something is not right in 384.13 firmware with wifi on AC88U.

There has been zero changes to wifi for the RT-AC88U in 384.13, and there was no change in GPL code either. The vast majority of changes were at the webui level, with some changes to nvram handling for DHCP and firmware version checks.

There has been zero changes to wifi for the RT-AC88U in 384.13, and there was no change in GPL code either. The vast majority of changes were at the webui level, with some changes to nvram handling for DHCP and firmware version checks.

I really don't know. I am just saying how it is on one firmware and on other, and I did factory reset on both and config. all over on both firmwares.

Another trivial item with .13. On the main page with a list of clients. My printer used to come up as OKI DATA, now it shows up as actel corp.

Does .13 allow you to use rt-ac86u as main aimesh router and rt-ac68u as a aimesh node? I read some issues people are having with this setup. I cannot find any documentation that this is doable. Any leads?

Does .13 allow you to use rt-ac86u as main aimesh router and rt-ac68u as a aimesh node? I read some issues people are having with this setup. I cannot find any documentation that this is doable. Any leads?
Yes, I can confirm that this exact setup works perfectly, although my RT-AC68U node is running the (latest) stock factory Asus firmware, whereas my RT-AC86U router is running the Merlin 384.13 firmware.

I'm using this exact setup and seeing no issues.

The 68U does not support Smart Connect node band steering, so you may want/need to disable Smart Connect in the 86U router and defined separate SSIDs for each band.

OE

where is this option? i have this problem too

Thanks
Administration -> System Tab -> Basic Config section

upload_2019-8-9_20-17-22.png

Code:
kernel: br0: received packet on eth5 with own address as source address

its normal ?

Code:
dnsmasq[763]: Insecure DS reply received for zinphyra.com, could be bad domain configuration or lack of DNSSEC support from upstream DNS servers

???

@RMerlin, can you explain, please, how to work exactly "Enable DNSSEC support" option in the WAN tab? I turned on these options:
- Enable DNSSEC support
- Validate unsigned DNSSEC replies

But i still have this output after stubby -l:
STUBBY: DNSSEC Validation is OFF

I tried to add these option to /jffs/configs/stubby.yml.add:
dnssec_return_status: GETDNS_EXTENSION_TRUE

But connection began to work unstably. I need to do it or need to ignore stubby - l output?

P.S.: this test passed fine:
http://dnssec.vs.uni-due.de

Thank you.

Code:
dnsmasq[763]: Insecure DS reply received for zinphyra.com, could be bad domain configuration or lack of DNSSEC support from upstream DNS servers

???
You have DNSSEC enabled but someone on your network queried that domain and it is not signed properly. That is the domain owner’s fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!