What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if it's been asked but is smart connect also available with aimesh in this version of merlin?

Yes... Smart Connect is a router feature regardless of AiMesh usage. It is not found on AC1900/AC68/AC66 B1 build routers, so those routers as nodes will not support Smart Connect node band steering regardless of the AiMesh router/root node used.

OE

Let me reword my question.
I know that merlin has added aimesh to his newest firmware, has he added smart connect also?

I know that merlin has added aimesh to his newest firmware, has he added smart connect also?
Smart Connect is only available on some routers not all.

Ok I had switched back to asus firmware a while ago to test aimesh so I couldn't remember, my fault.
Looks like I will be switching back to merlin this evening since v81039 is massively bugged

Asuswrt-Merlin firmware is built on top of Asus stock firmware, Asuswrt. Smart Connect and AiMesh are in Asuswrt for supported routers, so these features are also in Asuswrt-Merlin for supported routers, except Asuswrt-Merlin had hidden/disabled AiMesh until just recently in build 384.13 (for developmental reasons). Smart Connect 'works' without and with AiMesh in both Asuswrt and Asuswrt-Merlin for supported routers.

So, Merlin did not have to add Smart Connect because it has always been there... for supported routers.

OE

Ok I had switched back to asus firmware a while ago to test aimesh so I couldn't remember, my fault.
Looks like I will be switching back to merlin this evening since v81039 is massively bugged
Hi.
Interested in what bugs you have found. Our 81039 (we have 2) have been running flowless since Friday.

Last edited:
I have an 86u Router from China. Can I add an 86u node from the US to work with the primary router being the china one or vice versa?

hey there fellas, first time posting anything so forgive me if this may be in the wrong place. to preface everything, i am at best (and that would be an overstatement of monumental proportions) stumbling my way through this thing you young guys call networks so again i apologize if the terminology or anything else is wrong but thought maybe this might be something someone would want to know or maybe not. i have an RT-AC88U flashed with the latest Merlin 384.13 and have been checking this option and unchecking that option again trying to stumble across the configs i need and came across this. in the admin tab > systems sections i enabled "network monitoring" and optioned ping google. after i left that and went to main page i see the wan connection says it is disconnected and my lit up icon top right corner is no longer lit up. however the led on the router is showing connection and my pc says connected so i blurt some random words at google to avoid bringing up something cached away and sure enough it brings up whatever page it was. next i think to bring up my most hated object the lte cellular router i have to use for internet and sure enough i can not bring it up now. maybe something to someone maybe not but figured may be an unintentional unknown bug or something so here it is. if maybe need some logs or something just say the word and i'll try to finger my way through and provide them.

Dear RMerlin do a fix for this error:
kernel: htb too many events!, — router AX88U. If it possible.

hey there fellas, first time posting anything so forgive me if this may be in the wrong place. to preface everything, i am at best (and that would be an overstatement of monumental proportions) stumbling my way through this thing you young guys call networks so again i apologize if the terminology or anything else is wrong but thought maybe this might be something someone would want to know or maybe not. i have an RT-AC88U flashed with the latest Merlin 384.13 and have been checking this option and unchecking that option again trying to stumble across the configs i need and came across this. in the admin tab > systems sections i enabled "network monitoring" and optioned ping google. after i left that and went to main page i see the wan connection says it is disconnected and my lit up icon top right corner is no longer lit up. however the led on the router is showing connection and my pc says connected so i blurt some random words at google to avoid bringing up something cached away and sure enough it brings up whatever page it was. next i think to bring up my most hated object the lte cellular router i have to use for internet and sure enough i can not bring it up now. maybe something to someone maybe not but figured may be an unintentional unknown bug or something so here it is. if maybe need some logs or something just say the word and i'll try to finger my way through and provide them.
If you check back through this thread you will discover this is a known issue and this old guy has been telling the kids to disable Network Monitoring.

If you check back through this thread you will discover this is a known issue and this old guy has been telling the kids to disable Network Monitoring.

roger that. kind of looked a lil bit but no where what i should have but a long night and eyes were tired, sorry . thanks for the info to just shut it off but do you know of any other side effects? am wondering if something else was just a major coincidence and i got lucky at same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!