What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try doing a full power down for a few minutes? That may be all that is needed. :)

Did you try doing a full power down for a few minutes? That may be all that is needed. :)
Yep, I spent 2 days troubleshooting this until I flashed an older fw and it worked right away. I left it unplugged for a whole night, reset it, tried recovery etc nothing worked until I flashed an older fw. Again, if I try media bridge mode, for example, on the latest fw it works, it's only the AP mode that's causing the bootloops

I meant to do a full power down after flashing the latest firmware. :)

Yep, I spent 2 days troubleshooting this until I flashed an older fw and it worked right away. I left it unplugged for a whole night, reset it, tried recovery etc nothing worked until I flashed an older fw. Again, if I try media bridge mode, for example, on the latest fw it works, it's only the AP mode that's causing the bootloops

@RMerlin did released 384.13_1 for RT-AC87U for this AP mode bootloop issue, perhaps it's the same issue on 86U as well and he may need to have another look.

@RMerlin did released 384.13_1 for RT-AC87U for this AP mode bootloop issue, perhaps it's the same issue on 86U as well and he may need to have another look.
Yeah hopefully it's not just me (I'm 90% sure it's not). Btw I flashed the same file on both my routers so it's not a file/version issue. Definitely something wrong when in AP mode.

I would like to report a bug in latest version (384.13). I have a RT-AC68U and I have setup an openVPN client to pass all my Internet traffic through the VPN tunnel. When VPN client is activated, then in Adaptive QoS >> Bandwidth Monitor the downloaded traffic is reported in the in Upload gauge.

Hi,
I am unsure if it‘s a firmware issue or more or less something else:
For using a custom dyndns I am using a custom „dhcpc-event“ script sending my ipv4 and ipv6 address from the WAN interface.
For a while now I recognize the wrt gets „dhcpc-event updated|renew“ events every 10-20 minutes. But nothing changes. This is quite weird.

Can someone tell where this comes from? I fear this causes sometimes that I also recognize some session interruptions while browsing.

Regards.

After an uncontrolled reboot of the router (due to a power outage) I can no longer access devices via their hostname or fully qualified name:
Code:
# ping pc
ping: bad address 'pc'
# nslookup pc
Server:    1.1.1.1
Address 1: 1.1.1.1 one.one.one.one

nslookup: can't resolve 'pc'
and
Code:
# ping pc.home.lan
ping: bad address 'pc.home.lan'
# nslookup pc.home.lan

nslookup: can't resolve 'pc.home.lan'
("home.lan" is my router's domain name in the DHCP Server tab)

What's wrong here? How can I fix it?

After an uncontrolled reboot of the router (due to a power outage) I can no longer access devices via their hostname or fully qualified name:
Code:
# ping pc
ping: bad address 'pc'
# nslookup pc

nslookup: can't resolve 'pc'
and
Code:
# ping pc.home.lan
ping: bad address 'pc.home.lan'
# nslookup pc.home.lan

nslookup: can't resolve 'pc.home.lan'
("home.lan" is my router's domain name in the DHCP Server tab)

What's wrong here? How can I fix it?
There's nothing wrong: the external DNS server (1.1.1.1) doesn’t know the names and addresses of your local network.

You can fix this by adding a local dns server as resolver. Or, if your router is supposed to act as dns server, adding the address of the router as dns server under LAN - DHCP server.

There's nothing wrong: the external DNS server (1.1.1.1) doesn’t know the names and addresses of your local network.
Then why did it work before the reboot?

You can fix this by adding a local dns server as resolver. Or, if your router is supposed to act as dns server, adding the address of the router as dns server under LAN - DHCP server.
I tried setting the router's IP address in the LAN - DHCP Server field (which was empty), but it did not help unfortunately.

I tried setting the router's IP address in the LAN - DHCP Server field (which was empty), but it did not help unfortunately.
For some reason the router sees the external dns server as authoritative and sends all requests there.

When I was having problems adding data to fields, RMerlin advised me to use a different browser. That helped. Maybe you can try that?

Or is the field filled? What is filled in as second dns server?

Try Tools -> Other Settings tab.

Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No) - Set to Yes

For some reason the router sees the external dns server as authoritative and sends all requests there.

When I was having problems adding data to fields, RMerlin advised me to use a different browser. That helped. Maybe you can try that?

Or is the field filled? What is filled in as second dns server?
Another option (long shot, though): underneath WAN -Internet Connection, WAN DNS settings: is Forward local domain queries set to No?

851A0C9F-A8EC-4E04-A0EC-53553B6B628A.jpeg
Hi, Diversion GUI within this version of RMerlins firmware is informing me I have over 5,000 hits to router. asus. com

In order to log into my GUI on the router I must enter https: // router. asus. com :8443.

I have no idea what could be causing this and I'm kind of worried it might be something malicious at this point.

I posted this on a separate thread before and was told my browser was causing the issues. I make sure to close my browser and delete all cache every time after I am done logging into the GUI so I can't see this being the reason at this point.

The issue went away by itself but with the newest version of Asus Merlin it has returned.

Attached is a photo:

Try Tools -> Other Settings tab.

Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No) - Set to Yes
That solved it, but shouldn’t I have had this problem since upgrading to .13 then?

Thanks!

That solved it, but shouldn’t I have had this problem since upgrading to .13 then?

Thanks!
I know the setting was changed in 384.12 (22-June-2019)
- CHANGED:
The router will now use ISP-provided resolvers
instead of local dnsmasq when attempting to
resolve addresses, for improved reliability.
This reproduces how stock firmware behaves.
This only affects name resolution done
by the router itself, not by the LAN clients.
The behaviour can still be changed on the
Tools -> Other Settings page.

View attachment 19206 Hi, Diversion GUI within this version of RMerlins firmware is informing me I have over 5,000 hits to router. asus. com

In order to log into my GUI on the router I must enter https: // router. asus. com :8443.

I have no idea what could be causing this and I'm kind of worried it might be something malicious at this point.

I posted this on a separate thread before and was told my browser was causing the issues. I make sure to close my browser and delete all cache every time after I am done logging into the GUI so I can't see this being the reason at this point.

The issue went away by itself but with the newest version of Asus Merlin it has returned.

Attached is a photo:
Posting your earlier thread for others to see because it’s probably best to resume your discussion there. Your concerns aren’t related to the 384.13 release.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/over-8-000-requests-for-router-gui-login-uidivstats-reports.57839/

No, the bug fixed in 384.13_1 was very specific to Quantenna.

I would like to report a bug in latest version (384.13). I have a RT-AC68U and I have setup an openVPN client to pass all my Internet traffic through the VPN tunnel. When VPN client is activated, then in Adaptive QoS >> Bandwidth Monitor the downloaded traffic is reported in the in Upload gauge.

Old known issue, out of my control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!