What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my devices 384.13 is very reliable.

I had to roll back to 384.12 also. I have few computers with Realtek 8821AE PCI-e WiFi cards and if I reboot the router running 384.13, none of them re-connect automatically (Windows 10, 5GHz, AC 1x1). I don't know what the issue is. This is not a complaint and doesn't mean 384.13 is buggy or something. Could be the WiFi cards specific issue. Re-connect works properly on 384.12 and since I don't use AiMesh, I don't really have to be on 384.13. And I don't like the number 13. :)

Again, once more: there was no change to the wireless code in 384.13 except for the RT-AX88U, since there was no new GPL merge in this release for any of the other models...

ya I need to update my post because my shirts busted on 384.12 as well but it's not nearly as bad for some reason. earlier today everything died and couldn't even get to the gooey over wired. looks like I'll need to get a new router. ☹️

Today i set up aimesh with my ac88u and my ac86u. Latest firmware 384.13 on both devices. All worked fine, but after i set up the ac86u as a node, the wifi (both channles) are visible on the ac88u, but without access to internet. After i deleted the node and made a restart all works fine again. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reset main router ...and setup from scratch. That worked for me.

Just upgraded a RT-AC68U to 384.13 and the client list is showing 0 clients, and when you view list it states "No data in table" but I'm connected thru this router as we speak. I already tried restoring factory defaults and rebooting the router. I'll have to downgrade and see if that fixes this.

MqKlmvY.jpg

Chances are you don't use a real RT-AC68U, but a hacked TM or Netgear model - neither are supported.

You are correct, I did the popular flash/hack to 2 TM-AC1900's a couple years ago and (wrongly) assumed that I could just throw the newest RT-AC68U Merlin on them. My mistake, I didn't know they were not supported. After some googling, it looks like the newer Asus/Merlin firmwares come with a new CFE version that locks down the ability to flash new firmware on a TM-AC1900. So it looks like I'm stuck forever on 384.13! Oh well, I'm sure things could have ended a lot worse. I found that the client list does work on my second TM-AC1900 that I use in AP mode, so I can just use that to look at clients. Everything else seems to work just fine, so thank you for making these firmwares!

RT-AX88U with V384.13_0 Final has been up 36+ days straight, and still running strong, with over 30 devices attached, downloads, streaming, etc., all working as expected.

Thanks RMerlin!!

36 Days Uptime - no issues - ASUS Merlin 384.13 for RT-AX88U - 09062019.JPG

@RMerlin any idea when will you be adding the rest of the AX model?

Which one? There is only one regular AX model right now, the RT-AX88U. I don't support GT models.

There is only one regular AX model right now, the RT-AX88U

@RMerlin
There is something called an RT-AX92U in Australia at least, which comes as a twin-pack, but I don't know much about it ... apparently Australia is the "launch" country. Probably will roll out elsewhere at some point?

Link HERE

@RMerlin
There is something called an RT-AX92U in Australia at least, which comes as a twin-pack, but I don't know much about it ... apparently Australia is the "launch" country. Probably will roll out elsewhere at some point?

Link HERE

Right, it's a special mesh package only available in a few limited markets, not a "standard" model. Too limited to be worth devoting the time and effort in supporting.

Right, it's a special mesh package only available in a few limited markets, not a "standard" model. Too limited to be worth devoting the time and effort in supporting.

Your call as always of course, but given it IS now in the USA as well it may start to sell more than a few given the price point for the twin pack?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!