What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 (and 384.13_6) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will need to do a factory default reset afterward. Latest Asus firmware now encrypts the user password, so my firmware won't be able to handle the encrypted password that will be present in nvram.

Hi RMerlin. I was able to upgrade without issue as I haven't run stock firmware in quite some time. In the future, should you incorporate the latest 3.0.0.4.384.81790 GPL into your firmware, would the upgrade be seamless? Or do you expect there would be hoops to jump through?

Thanks,
Anton

Total "cherry" NOOB here (Upgrade for first time)...
Wanted to try flashing my newly acquired RT-AC86u across the network (wired) upgrade 384.15>384.16.
Safely removed Disk drive/rebooted/flashed.
Hooked up drive again and rebooted once more for good measure.
All looking good. Just did my other "backup" RT-AC86u as well.

Since the upgrade to 384.16 on my AC88u I've noticed this flooding my syslog, any idea what the cause is?

Apr 5 20:00:21 dnsmasq[323]: failed to send packet: Operation not permitted
Apr 5 20:00:22 dnsmasq[323]: failed to send packet: Operation not permitted

Dirty flashed 86u with 68u mesh node, upgrading from beta3. Everything is hunky dory.

Another smooth upgrade from beta3 for my 86u, Thanks!

ran into trouble enabling dual wan after a clean .16 upgrade on my ac86u. Simply would not connect on primary, reporting dhcp issues. Using ethernet port4 as primary. Went back to 15 and all was well again. cheers

Trying to upgrade RT86U from 384.15 to latest and tried twice but get the same error

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 8.50.08 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 8.50.08 PM.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 366
Any pressing security patches since .16b3? Can't really immediately go to upgrade unless some massive hole exists.

Any pressing security patches since .16b3? Can't really immediately go to upgrade unless some massive hole exists.
Code:
- FIXED: CVE-2020-8597 security issue.

for more info, read
https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/cve-2020-8597

The impact level is ranked,

This rating is given to flaws that can easily compromise the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of resources. These are the types of vulnerabilities that allow local users to gain privileges, allow unauthenticated remote users to view resources that should otherwise be protected by authentication, allow authenticated remote users to execute arbitrary code, or allow remote users to cause a denial of service.

Last edited:
Smooth update to AX88U and AiMesh-AX58U.

This constant message remains in the syslog and regularly:
Code:
kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not

:)

You will need to do a factory default reset afterward. Latest Asus firmware now encrypts the user password, so my firmware won't be able to handle the encrypted password that will be present in nvram.
Yep I completed the flash a few hours ago. All good.
Just been too busy to reply.
I noticed that the password was unusable so I reset it - just as you said.

Thanks mate.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

@RMerlin Is it possible to tell from the source what asus gpl release your release is based on for a given model?

If not, would you consider adding something like that? AFAICT currently to find out you have to scroll through prior release notes looking for the latest a gpl update entry for a given model.
It's in the changelog.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!