What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 (and 384.13_6) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just adding my thanks for the RT-AC87U firmware. I've been running now for 2 days 0 hours 51 minute(s) 45 seconds and the router has seen a lot of use these past weeks thanks to the lockdown. I've been able to do my consulting work with clients with no interruptions whatsoever so very pleased with the firmware so far.

Stay safe everyone.

I just started noticing these lines repeating in my syslog with my RT-AC68U:

Code:
Apr  7 06:43:58 check_watchdog: [check_watchdog] restart watchdog for no heartbeat
Apr  7 06:43:58 rc_service: check_watchdog 253:notify_rc restart_watchdog
Apr  7 06:50:58 check_watchdog: [check_watchdog] restart watchdog for no heartbeat
Apr  7 06:50:58 rc_service: check_watchdog 253:notify_rc restart_watchdog
Apr  7 06:57:58 check_watchdog: [check_watchdog] restart watchdog for no heartbeat
Apr  7 06:57:58 rc_service: check_watchdog 253:notify_rc restart_watchdog

What is this related to?

I just started noticing these lines repeating in my syslog with my RT-AC68U:

Code:
Apr  7 06:43:58 check_watchdog: [check_watchdog] restart watchdog for no heartbeat
Apr  7 06:43:58 rc_service: check_watchdog 253:notify_rc restart_watchdog
Apr  7 06:50:58 check_watchdog: [check_watchdog] restart watchdog for no heartbeat
Apr  7 06:50:58 rc_service: check_watchdog 253:notify_rc restart_watchdog
Apr  7 06:57:58 check_watchdog: [check_watchdog] restart watchdog for no heartbeat
Apr  7 06:57:58 rc_service: check_watchdog 253:notify_rc restart_watchdog

What is this related to?

No Heartbeat ? It's the router trying to shock itself back to life. Call 911. Just kidding could not help myself. :eek::)

lol was gonna say they watching you.......

looks to just be a service restart.

Yeah.. well, I tried to do a Health Scan of my USB drive and it stalled at the unmounting process. I then rebooted the router via the GUI and it came back with a disconnected internet. I then power-cycled the router and got the internet back and the health scan of the USB drive worked this time. We'll see what happens.

Signature version 2.170 Updated : 2020/04/01 22:09

Just tried to run the manual update and got:

Signature update failed

Just tried it, same result.

Just tried it, same result.
For the past 2 days, this has been my result

Annotation 2020-04-07 201725.JPG

rt-ax3000(broadcom) versus rt-ax58u(intel) so which one has a better future with merlin?

rt-ax3000(broadcom) versus rt-ax58u(intel) so which one has a better future with merlin?

The RT-AX58U does not have a Intel chip, It's Broadcom. Also fully supported b Merlin.

@RMerlin - Thanks a lot! Now for those of us with 3200s to start pestering Asus. :)

Are there some technical terms we can use beyond "please bring our firmware up to the same code base as your other routers'?"

Edit3: Rebooted router a third time and all seems to be okay now. *whew!*

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade from 384-15 on my RT-AC86U, no problem so far and system log crystal clear.
Thanks a lot!

Have you guys noticed issues with RT-AX88U, suddenly you got no internet access and can't even access asus webgui. Only fix is power off/on then it works again. I can see that the internet light on the router is red also. When checking logs there is not really anything. Like it would just freeze or something. I had this issue before on beta also. But on earlier Asus official firmware it never happen from what I can remember.

It has now happen like 4 times, usually works for some days to weeks and then just "dies". I haven't tested to wait if it comes back or something like that because I need internet to work always pretty much always, because of working home.

A note also, I have done a full reset on it before installing beta2(and after installation). Then I upgraded to beta3 and now to then final version.

AX88U, dirty flash from .15 and things seem to be mostly fine.

Other than the signature update issue that was also reported I think I have also seen some changes related to clients reconnecting - it did happen twice on my work MBP16 and the main reason why I know it takes place is since sometimes after the disconnect/reconnect I find it on the 2.4GHz or GUEST network instead the normal 5GHz that is set at highest priority - for the moment I changed the 2.4GHz and GUEST to no longer auto-join and I am keeping an eye on this.

Thank you very much for your excellent work!

Upgraded RT86U to .16 with no issues at all.

Dirty Upgrade from 384.15 to 384.16 on AC88U.
Running smoothly for about a day

Hi, this is to report another successful dirty upgrade to 384.16 from beta3 on my RT-AX88U. Everything running smooth.
Thanks Merlin & team !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!