What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 (and 384.13_6) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a RT-AC88U that was running 384.16. Clients were losing their IPV6 address after a few minutes. I have tried multiple reboots. After the reboot, clients would have IPV6 connectivity for a few minutes.

I reverted back to 384.15 and have had no issues with clients losing IPV6 addresses.

@RMerlin - Any idea when ASUS will release latest GPL Version 3.0.0.4.384.81369 released on 2020/03/30 for AC86U ?

See my previous answers to that question. GPL releases can take anytime between 48 hours and 3 months after a firmware release.

Reactions: a5m
asus ac88 on version .16 does not work properly for me (clean installation, no backup). Every fifty minutes, it throws customers at 2.4 and 5ghz., Then connect again. sporadic internet outages.
I came back at .15- there is no problem here

Can somebody try and do a Signature version check for me, please. I'm on 2.170 and I'm getting Signature update failed.

I am on 2.066 and the same issue - check failed.
ax88u with the latest merlin

I just experienced a very weird behaviour on my AX56U.
Basically 5ghz became unusable in time sensitive applications, pinging the router would result in transmit fail + high ping, the signal quality suddendly became much worse.
So I had to switch to 2.4ghz which appeared to be more reliable, no trasmit fail but 1000-3000ms spikes, which made this channel unusable aswell.
I started wifi Analyzer and I didn't notice any new channel possibly interfering with the ones I was using.
After rebooting the router this issue disappeared.

Edit: there was no download/upload congestion nor CPU usage spikes, I honestly have no idea of what could have caused this issue.

No error message here, I'm currently on 2.070 on my own RT-AX88U. Check your WAN DNS settings.

I am on 2.170 and the same issue on both - check failed.
ax88u with the latest merlin and one ax88u testing out the latest stock.

So the problem problably lies at Asus or Trend and not Merlin's fw...

Edit
Wan dns setting at the stock version which I'm looking at right now is set to: Connect automatically...

Last edited:
On 384.16_0 with my trusty RT-AX58U. I am using Stubby, IPv6, WPA2 and 3, WIFI 5 and 6, both main and guest networks on both 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz bands with a lot of devices. Running very well on the current release.

My son is getting his first router, either the RT-AX58U or more probably the RT-AX88U. He is very excited about it. @RMerlin firmware, you bet!

Only seeing a couple of things of any interest whatsoever.

1) Sample from dmesg:

_blog_emit, blogp = 0x660
_blog_emit, blogp = 0x1
_blog_emit, blogp = 0x1
_blog_emit, blogp = 0x1
_blog_emit, blogp = 0x1
_blog_emit, blogp = 0x1
_blog_emit, blogp = 0x1
net_ratelimit: 41 callbacks suppressed
_blog_emit, blogp = 0x1
net_ratelimit: 16 callbacks suppressed

Using dmesg -c to clear it out. Thanks @RMerlin that this trash is no longer in the log file since Alpha 2. Curious though what its on about in case I can do something to tune my settings better.

2) The CPU "load average" reported under Tools in the GUI and identically using command "top" shows a very odd result. The result BTW is the same on stock firmware so probably a kernel issue.

CPU Load Average (1, 5, 15 mins) 0.33, 0.45, 0.45

My immediate CPU load is 2 - 7% all the time as shown by "top" command CPU load. Never gets above 7% on any core.

My belief is that the immediate CPU load is correct and the CPU average is wrong in the Linux kernel. Not sure why as I have never seen this wrong before.

Back to listening to the Cure! Take care and stay healthy!

No error message here, I'm currently on 2.070 on my own RT-AX88U. Check your WAN DNS settings.
Mine fails when I have DoT enabled with either Strict or opportunistic and using cloudflare. If I disable DoT, check succeeds. Oops... spoke too soon. Now it fails with DNSSEC disabled.

Last edited:
Asked a friend who upgraded his Ax88U to the latest release and he confirmed to be on 2.170 but he’s also getting the same error when checking

Mine fails when I have DoT enabled with either Strict or opportunistic and using cloudflare. If I disable DoT, check succeeds.
Tested mine now with everything off and I’m still getting the error . I reverted back to stock firmware and now I’m stuck on 2.066 on my personal Ax88u router

I'm not even seeing this signature settings on my router from the posted screenshots.

Last edited:

2.170 on AX88U here, update fails. Go figure....

EDIT; aside from this small issue, 384.16 rock solid!
Great work!

Last edited:
Never thought to check signature....any idea what this does or doesn't do? 86u model here
upload_2020-4-8_16-54-51.png

Tested mine now with everything off and I’m still getting the error . I reverted back to stock firmware and now I’m stuck on 2.066 on my personal Ax88u router
Mine says 2.170 on 86U. I've gone to a very basic WAN DNS config using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as my hard coded DNS servers (bypassing my ISP DNS). Still getting signature update failure. LAN clients using router as DNS are working fine. So not sure what the signature update failure really means in the grand scheme of things.

Attached is the system log showing the 2 lines in the log for each signature update request.

Attachments

• Sigcheck.JPG
    Sigcheck.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
AC-86U +1

Im stuck on 2066 now......and no update

Change wan dns for 3 times with the same result....no refresh signature....(seems like "trend" issue..... i hope)

Have you guys noticed issues with RT-AX88U, suddenly you got no internet access and can't even access asus webgui. Only fix is power off/on then it works again. I can see that the internet light on the router is red also. When checking logs there is not really anything. Like it would just freeze or something. I had this issue before on beta also. But on earlier Asus official firmware it never happen from what I can remember.

It has now happen like 4 times, usually works for some days to weeks and then just "dies". I haven't tested to wait if it comes back or something like that because I need internet to work always pretty much always, because of working home.

A note also, I have done a full reset on it before installing beta2(and after installation). Then I upgraded to beta3 and now to then final version.
Not quite the same but I've just upgraded from AC88U to AX88U and this morning had some of the LAN ports seem to stop working and needed a rebbot - WiFi and WAN OK, so not as bad as this but will keep my eye on things.

Also failing on my RT-AC66U_B1:

2.170 Updated : 2020/03/19 07:28
Signature update failed

Wan set to 1.0.0.1 and 74.82.42.42

I'm getting the error now as well. Nothing has been changed in my WAN DNS for , like, forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!