What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.17 (and 384.13_8) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use smtp , but is not working with the latest version.
Ok but not what i was asking for. Do use curl or wget to send mail with smtp and which mail provider? 384.17 working fine for me.

Thanks. It's something I had in mind during the initial development, but simply decided to put aside at the time and focus on the rest of the release instead. It's not perfect tho, I need to adjust the spacing to match the CPU meter below.

What change did you make to the traffic meter?

An option to change from MBps to Mbps via a little toggle option would be handy for this monitoring bandwidth usage :)

Under Administration->System, Basic Config section, there is a setting for Network Monitoring. Some have found that changing from ping to DNS query solves the issue. Double check DNS settings too.

same problem, check the screen.
btw, when I do a ``refresh`` the router shows the ``connected and all the details`` but after a second it change for disconnect like in the first screen that I posted.

ASUS-Wireless-Router-RT-AC86-U-System.png

Hi

I never had any problem with the fw, always good and fast, but this time the WAN LED went red and I wasn't able to fix it, so I returned to the last FW and everything worked fine ( after I turned LED OFF and ON, it changed from RED to WHITE ), the funny fact is that the webgui says that there is no connection but I have it in wifi and cable, with the Wan LED red or white, something got crazy.

I did some reboots and now is everything okay, but the router keep returning that has no connection, but I have, any tip?

Model - AC86U

Capturar.jpg
factory reset it or try a dns change

An option to change from MBps to Mbps via a little toggle option would be handy for this monitoring bandwidth usage :)

+1 for that idea. MBps isn't as useful as most people know their connection speed in Mbps. This would be a huge benefit to see in as many places as possible through the GUI.

btw, when I do a ``refresh`` the router shows the ``connected and all the details`` but after a second it change for disconnect like in the first screen that I posted.

Hi,

Just checked mine, at the time ax88 on stock 384.8018...

None of mine is checked (ping or dns) and I haven't had any problems like this... So maybe you can try to uncheck both also,

+1 for that idea. MBps isn't as useful as most people know their connection speed in Mbps. This would be a huge benefit to see in as many places as possible through the GUI.

extensively discussed during the beta thread for 384.16 and it seems like "The Creator" doesn't agree with you in that matter... even though I do!

I still keep my fingers crossed for a change when we get to the 385 branch, since it seems to come with several new user choices in the regard of scales and units...

There's a lot of post's regarding this in the thread, and here's one

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...6-are-now-available.63120/page-18#post-570274

Last edited:
My router was all of a sudden completely blocked. Powered off. Waited and powered on.

After reboot I found this error in the log:
kernel: br0: received packet on wl1.1 with own address as source address

Ideas anyone?

My router was all of a sudden completely blocked. Powered off. Waited and powered on.

After reboot I found this error in the log:
kernel: br0: received packet on wl1.1 with own address as source address

Ideas anyone?
Usually Guest network enabled...
Should not be the cause of a router being "blocked" tho.

Or just maybe, a loop created with a switch..?

This solution from https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-384-11-is-available.56501/page-7#post-488977 solved the issue for some.
The Change Tools -> Other Settings... and set "Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver"... to "No"

I also have the dns query and ping disabled on my router.

CFE issue is another cause
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/internet-status-disconnected.59830/page-3
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/internet-status-disconnected.59830/page-3#post-536821

RT-AC5300, dirty upgrade from 384.16 to 384.17 went fine and everything is up and running. Thanks for all the work you do!

Updated from 384.16 without any reconfigurations. No problems. RT-AC86U main router and RT-AC68U AP, plus one RT-AC68U at a remote site. Thank you!

Just upgraded RT-AC66_B1 from .16.
At the moment the only strange thing I've found is the DHCP addresses pool reverted to default values.

Agree. Internet is sold in bits not bytes. I also like the idea of making Mbps an option.

What change did you make to the traffic meter?

Old Meter

Which has some extra space to the right and the numbers and text above the bars

New one where numbers and text have been pushed to the right.

Last edited:
I use smtp , but is not working with the latest version.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the firmware. Routing is routing, your issue is unrelated.

Howdy. I know I'm probably at fault with this, but I had weird issues with a dirty flash.

I have an RT-AC87U and flashed 384.13_8 over 384.9. Everything seemed fine at first, but then I noticed some of my wireless devices were disconnected. Ethernet was fine. Digging in, wireless devices connected fine but had no internet or network access. What followed next was around 12 hours of attempted fixes, which included downgrading to prior versions, until I just went back to the version I had been on, before going a step further and going down to 384.5. I also upgraded to newer versions including back to the current. I even went with the latest stock firmware. Mixed in was multiple factory resets (both via the GUI and hardware), hardware reboots (again, both via GUI and hardware, including unplugging and giving it a few minutes before powering back on) and they all had the same result. Wireless devices could connect but could not access the internet or network.

Here's the weird part: If I changed the SSIDs (2.4Ghz/5Ghz) devices DID have internet/network access. If I switched back to the previous ones, it was lost again. It felt like some weird conflict in some setting that factory resets weren't fixing. I removed/readded the wireless networks multiple times on my test device (my phone) as well as rebooting it twice, to make sure it wasn't on its end.

I finally gave up until my account was authorized here, factory reset, set my original SSIDs and key, reflashed to 384.13_8 and started working on a project I'd had planned, a Raspberry Pi to run Pi Hole. Ethernet was still working perfectly, and that's the connection I intended to use. The only changes I made to the router was to point it to Pi Hole for its DNS and DHCP server. Wireless devices still had no internet access.

This morning, all of my wireless devices can connect and have internet access save but two, my Echo Dots. Any idea what's going on here, and any potential fix? Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Upgraded from 384.16 to 384.17

There are issues:
- DHCP reservations and Port Forwarding are lost. Re-added them, they didn't work and after a reboot they are lost again.
- WiFi settings, like channel selection, don't work without a reboot.

I'll try the painful path of restoring factory settings and configure everything again to see if it works.

PS: Those Snbforums captcha things came straight from hell. I hate passing through them 2 ou 3 times every time I came back to this forum.

- DHCP reservations and Port Forwarding are lost. Re-added them, they didn't work and after a reboot they are lost again.
- WiFi settings, like channel selection, don't work without a reboot.

No problems here with port forwarding or WiFi channel, just with DHCP range.
Fixed manually, did a switch off, then a reboot just to test it, parameter still remain active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!