What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Read the first post!

Will do, I probably should have started with that ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 is now available for all supported models, except for the RT-AC87U (as Asus hasn't released up-to-date source code for that model). The focus of this release was the update to the latest GPL code available. The highlights:

• Updated GPL to 384_21045(with 382_50624 binary components for the RT-AC56U and RT-AC3200).
  • Added option to enable DNS rebind protection, available on the DHCP page.
  • Updated dnsmasq to 2.80test2-17-g51e4eee, nano to 2.98 and curl to 7.60.0.
  • Added AES-*-GCM ciphers to the OpenVPN legacy cipher list.
  • Added support for the -p switch to netstat. This has been integrated into the Network Tools page, so now netstat will also report which process is currently tied to a specific port/socket.
  • WTFast support was removed from the RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100 and RT-AC5300, as the precompiled components are incompatible with modern versions of curl (wtfast would crash at start on these models). Only Asus/WTFast can fix this.
  • When enabled, DNSSEC validation is now enforced on DNS replies (due to a change in dnsmasq's behaviour). If you are no longer able to do do name resolution on various domains while DNSSEC is enabled, it means your upstream DNS servers do not support DNSSEC. You should either disable it, or switch to DNSSEC compatible servers.
Please view the changelog for the complete list of changes.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Re: 87U

Is there any expectation ASUS will update the source code? (if no one knows, its all good. I'm just keen to try the update). Time to buy the 86U I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

updated ac68u and kept getting dropouts and buffering when streaming from nas on my fire tv 3 on 5ghz. had been working no problems before the upgrade. went back to .5 and now streaming again with no problems.

Is there any expectation ASUS will update the source code for rt-ac87u

Trimis de pe al meu ONEPLUS A3000 folosind Tapatalk

I have an AC86U running the latest 384.6 firmware. I noticed that CPU Load Average under Tools seems to be quite high but when I observe it under Network Map for a few minutes, it is only about 5% at maximum most of the time.

View attachment 13869

This is normal.

Hi,

I have problem with ftp server on router ASUS RT-AC68U with firmware 384.6.
I can't change permissions for users. Admin have R/W access. All others users have no access and can't change it. Any idea's?

Hi,

I can't change permissions for users. Admin have R/W access. All others users have no access and can't change it. Any idea's?

Maybe give 384.7alpha1 a try

Hi,

Do you mean that you are unable to change the radio buttons or do you mean that the changes do not appear to apply/stick?

I had dnssec turned on and decided to turn on dns rebind Protection. Both are working, but I got the following right after enabling rebind Protection.

warning: no upstream servers configured

Checkin the logs, I see I’ve gotten that 4 times over the past few months. DNS appears to be working fine. Any idea why I got that warning? I don’t have forward local queries to upstream enabled.

I had dnssec turned on and decided to turn on dns rebind Protection. Both are working, but I got the following right after enabling rebind Protection.

Checkin the logs, I see I’ve gotten that 4 times over the past few months. DNS appears to be working fine. Any idea why I got that warning? I don’t have forward local queries to upstream enabled.

Which dns provider are you using?

Could be the ISP not providing you with valid nameservers on lease renewal.

I changed my VPN config. Since then DNS Exclusive doesn't work anymore.
It doesn't use the DNS Server provided by my VPN. It uses the ones provided for the WAN. Any idea, solution? AB-Solution started working too, because of that

Another note, is it possible to keep "Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel" when uploading a new ovpn file? That would be great!

Firmware-Version:384.6_alpha2-g5b076fc87

after installing ..my WAN IP shows diconnected status? Appears to false positive as I still have Internet working...
anyone else experiencing the same thing?

after installing ..my WAN IP shows diconnected status? Appears to false positive as I still have Internet working...
anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Make sure "Wan: Use DNS probes to determine if WAN is up (default: Yes) " is not set to No under Tools -> Other Settings.

@RMerlin the latest version of dnsmasq is 2.80test3 (21/Jul/2018)
http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/test-releases/?C=M;O=D

I generally don't chase after dnsmasq updates, because it would be a never ending race, plus those beta releases often have broken things. The only reason why we are currently on a beta 2.80 is because it contained numerous IPv6-related fixes, and it was simpler than backporting fixes separately.

It's unlikely dnsmasq will get updated until they reach a final release.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!