What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@RMerlin, any advantage to enable nat acceleration when using vpn client

The two are completely unrelated. NAT acceleration is for NAT itself, i.e. the Internet connection. Whether it's necessary or not depends on the speed of your connection.

384.7_2 is now available, with the following fixes:

Code:
  - FIXED: Namecheap DDNS service not working
  - FIXED: CVE-2018-15599 security issue in Dropbear
  - FIXED: Potential buffer overrun in httpd

Straight upgrade over 384-7 [no resets] - all good ... many thanks.

Is the QoS - Web History empty for me or for everyone?

My Qos Web History fully fine - before and after 384-7-2 upgrade.
Using FreshJR Qos adaptation - highly recommended.

My web history looks like this,

NbBgolC.png

Any cure?

I notice that I can always update the Signature Version, which latest is 2.092, but the brown updated date behind it will never change.

I notice that I can always update the Signature Version, which latest is 2.092, but the brown updated date behind it will never change.
I have seen this feature (= Signature Version, updated date won't change) earlier for example with fw version 380.xx or so. So, nothing new. I am not sure if there was some fix but I just let it be like that.

Hi & THANKS to everybody! I need help!

My Synology NAS DS718+, worked properly on my RT-AC87U under the 380.69_2 firmware and stopped to communicate on the network just after the directly upgrade to the 384.7, made after scratch to factory values and several reboots, manually applying the old configuration, new WiFi SSIDs and the DHCP entries....

I'm experiencing this issue either connecting it in bond aggregate (L1 to LAN1 & L2 to LAN2), as in the original previously untouched configuration running on nas, then when i tried to change using the single L1 or L2 link to AC87.
Sometimes I can configure L1 or L2, through Synology Assistant, using a direct cable connection from the win10 pc, always with static IP, and sometimes I can recover it with the DSM Web interface and play with it , but at the next reboot it doesn't communicate anymore, doesn't respond to ping, even if in the client list inside the asus router web interface still there!

Other strange issue, the scheduled reboot doesn't work...

Didn't tested other so far...

Where I am wrong?
Update...

Reverted back to 380.69.2 everything started to work properly again!

Synology can be accesed from LAN and WAN, VPN, single net L1/L2 or bond, again.

Any other with similar issue?

Thanks & Regards

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

@GC70 use Synology ports L1+L2 with router ports Lan2/Lan3/Lan4 without Lan1
Thanks RAH-66

This problem should come from the DHCP and/or upnp, cause in 384.7 & also 384,7_2 the synology nas and other devices like foscam ipcams, got the same issues. Even they're in the DHCP reservation list and stand in the online connected device, for example don't respond to the ping call and cannot be managed. But the same if they're configured with static IP.
No problem on 380.69_2.

For the connection I followed this asus suggestion guide (recently updated):

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1014536/#

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Updated to 384.7.2 on an AC86U earlier today. Can't even log into router any longer. Had to try with 3 different computers until I succeeded. Not possible to restart router either. Reverted back to 384.7.0. Now everything works normal again.

Upgraded AC3100 from 384.70 to 384.7_2 and no reconfiguration, and everything is working great. Thanks Merlin!

Updated to 384.7.2 on an AC86U earlier today. Can't even log into router any longer. Had to try with 3 different computers until I succeeded. Not possible to restart router either. Reverted back to 384.7.0. Now everything works normal again.

Hmm - I was planning to install 384.7.2 on my RT-AC86U sometime later this week.

May I ask please if you did a factory restore after loading 384.7.2 ?
And a power-disconnected reboot ?

Hmm - I was planning to install 384.7.2 on my RT-AC86U sometime later this week.

Another data-point: I upgraded my AC86U from 384.7 to 384.7.2 yesterday, with no factory reset and no manual reboot, and everything is working fine.

Upgraded (quick and dirty) from 384.7 to 387_2 on my 1900P and no issues so far.

Thank You Merlin for all your hard work :)

Total factory reset was done prior to 384.7.0. 384.7.2 was done as a normal upgrade. I never upgrade via wifi. Always via cable.
Should a make another try? 384.7.0 works like a charm.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!