What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asus seems to have gone down hill with their hardware manufacturing.
This is exacly why I am leery of moving to the 86U - despite the amazing VPN performance (that I am envious of), there seem to be far too many reports of premature failure on this model in particular. Anyone else seeing that trend for this specific Asus router? I am basing it on the number of people that seem to have genuine hardware problems (usually one of the radios goes out), observed both here on SNB and Amazon reviews.

This is happening to me too. It started sometime within the last start cycle (13 days ago). Core 1 CPU is pegged @ 100%, SSH refuses connections (was going to see if displayed CPU usage was actual), and router will not reboot through GUI. It acts like it does, going through the progress screen etc., but is not rebooting. I will reboot manually and see what happens.

Cold boot your router. Turn it off for a good 5mins. and reboot. That's what I did to my router and the symptom is gone. My router is almost 48 hours up since the last power outage in our house and I'm not seeing the issue anymore.

I think for everyone Asus AC68u is still the best choice.

Nice link!!

Hosting provider is doing hardware maintenance tonight. Wish they had warned customers ahead of time beside a post on their System Status page.

I've updated to 384.7_2 and everything seems to be working OK so far aside from a minor issue that could just be a bug? In the network map under client status it says I have 0 devices connected to the 5GHz band but I have several devices that are connected to that band. These devices are showing up instead under Wired connections?
I've just updated my RT-AC87U from 380.68_4 (190 up days!) to 384.7_2. Only nits I've seen so far, the client list for 5 GHz is empty, with a bunch showing up as wired. The DST setting was set to 2nd Sun. in October. So far operation looks great. Thanks Merlin!

Hi Folks!

I am running Merlin 384.5 on RT-AC86U, my main router. In "wireless, professional" tab, I can see that the default region is "Asia". So, if I upgrade to 384.7, I will only have the choice of Japanese idiom?

I live in Brazil and bought this router from Amazon, USA.

Thanks!

Hi Folks!

I am running Merlin 384.5 on RT-AC86U, my main router. In "wireless, professional" tab, I can see that the default region is "Asia". So, if I upgrade to 384.7, I will only have the choice of Japanese idiom?

I live in Brazil and bought this router from Amazon, USA.

Thanks!
dont think so, only if default region is Japan this will happen, dont know for Asia, but my China only allows Chinese and English since last language limitations.

But easy thing to update and look at your own!
You can go back everytime ...

dont think so, only if default region is Japan this will happen, dont know for Asia, but my China only allows Chinese and English since last language limitations.

But easy thing to update and look at your own!
You can go back everytime ...

Hi Grisu!

So, English is available for all regions?

Thanks for your answer!

Back on 384.7.2. There must be something strange. It cuts the WiFi (5GHz) for like 30 seconds or so a few times every day. My son who is an online gamer has said many things since Friday. How far back should I revert it. (RT-AC86U)

Since this release, I'm not being able to remotely access my webdav files through Android.
I was using release 384.4_2 and it was working fine. After updating to this latest version, it didn't work anymore.
I'm using File Explorer+ for Android and my router is RT-AC87U.
Does anyone have the some problem?

After the a new update of File Explorer+ app my webdav remote access started working again.
I guess the router firmware had not issues, it was the app.

Thanks guys.

I hope Asus isn't abandoning the 3200.. feel a bit annoyed I got that model now in end, seeming to be such a second tier supported product.

Folks, did anyone made FreeDNS & Let's Ecnrypt work with the latest firmware and services configured via GUI?

Folks, did anyone made FreeDNS & Let's Ecnrypt work with the latest firmware and services configured via GUI?

I actually did last night, as I was testing something related to Let's Encrypt, working fine.

I actually did last night, as I was testing something related to Let's Encrypt, working fine.
I'm facing the problem of HTTP(s) errors
/tmp/syslog.log said:

Oct 29 19:43:23 watchdog: start ddns.
Oct 29 19:43:23 rc_service: watchdog 304:notify_rc start_ddns
Oct 29 19:43:23 start_ddns: update FREEDNS.AFRAID.ORG default@freedns.afraid.org, wan_unit 0
Oct 29 19:43:24 inadyn[26758]: In-a-dyn version 2.5 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
Oct 29 19:43:26 inadyn[26758]: Update forced for alias domain.tld, new IP# xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Oct 29 19:43:28 inadyn[26758]: HTTP(S) Transaction failed, error 36: Temporary network error (HTTPS send)
even though ca-certificates and ca-bundle are installed and recent. And looks like because `inadyn` can't complete update, Let's Encrypt also doesn't generate the cert.

I'm facing the problem of HTTP(s) errors

even though ca-certificates and ca-bundle are installed and recent. And looks like because `inadyn` can't complete update, Let's Encrypt also doesn't generate the cert.

Make sure you use your username and password, not your email or DDNS key.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!